Cbeyond / Fraudulent practices

1 Minneapolis, MN, United States Review updated:

CBeyond sales staff misrepresented their services. The quality of their Internet and cellular phone service was horrible. Attempts to cancel the contract after 90 days of hell and resolve the issue resulted in the company violating FCC rules and extorting money from our company by canceling all service without notice. CBeyond also refused to release our cellphone numbers and domain names to a new provider.

Comments

So
  29th of Jul, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes

I completely understand where this is coming from. After being suckered, we irresponsibly decided to sign a contract with a "13th month" amendment. This was supposed to mean we could cancel after one year instead of the 5 years. Do not fall into this trap. After paying 2 times more each month than promised, we finally cancelled after a year and they are still hitting us with $1625 cancellation fees. Although they are not calling them "cancellation" fees, but asking for all the "waived" installation fees back! Had we known this prior, we would've cancelled after the first 2 bills came in.
Please do not be sucked into believing the salesmen. Once the contract is signed, you are signing a deal with the devil. They do not provide what they represent and I hope they are investigated by higher authorities.

Da
  21st of Sep, 2009

This is the by far the WORST phone company that I have ever dealt with. The sales people overpromise there services/prices. The services are horrible and the monthly charges are more than twice than what you normally pay with Qwest or Comcast in Minnesota. For your information, Cbeyond does not own telephone/cell infrastructure. The company just signed up with telephone companies and then adds a few other services. For instance, their cell phone operations are run by Sprint. The business model of Cbeyond will not work in the long-run. It is matter of time before people become aware of it.

Never sign a contract with Cbeyond!

Mu
  10th of Feb, 2010

Please contact munzer@omnicureHomeHealth.com for possible class action law suit against CBeyond for false promises by the sales people and fraudulent business practice.

Mi
  3rd of May, 2010

i agree - simply a fraudulent company - do not contract with his company.

Ja
  15th of Jun, 2011

My business has had a horrible past two years with the company. Bad cell service, dropped calls. Not willing to renogotiate my contract after not needing all the services. False sales presentations, overbilling... You name it. They just say it is in the contract you signed wich they failed to send me for 6 months for me to review. Stay away.

Jason Young