cbdc AKA Coastal Credit Solutions / fraud/rip off

this company and its affiliates are beyond scammers I don't even know where to begin..
I contacted this company about 3 years ago, and out of all of the companies they seemed the most legit, I went through BBB they even suggested to me to locate them under BBB and to google the companies name, yea thats because under coastal credit solutions there aren't any bad reviews and there wasn't a bad grade...but now people are finally starting to put the two together...once I talked through almost two hours of details I electronically signed an agreement...then all the sudden out of nowhere the rep mentions this totally other company CBDC saying they would handle everything from here on out and thats who I would be paying...and I was thrown off but I was younger and didnt know what I do now and went along with it anyway paid them monthly $668...

but after a few months my credit card companies started calling me saying I was behind on payments not to mention before all that they made me do all the foot work about closing all accounts even tho the rep from coastal said it would be all taken care of for me, hassle free...yea right...and then they weren't distributing my funds to all my credit card companies just some...and they would switch off each month..and a few months they collected my money and didnt distribute any money at all!!! finally i canceled the accounts however I lost alot of money to them I ended up paying off what I originally owed in debt just in fees to the CBDC company and they had litterally doubled my debt just for them to pay my bills for me...I understand alot of people are struggeling right now, we are esp as a young family, however I do all my talking and working with the credit card compaines myself you don't need a third party you can settle yourself they just dont want you to know that..

This place is a rip off and a joke...

Comments

• So
      11th of Sep, 2009

...Also every time I tried calling and talking to Coastal Credit solutions they kept telling me that CBDC would handle all further issues and they no longer had any weigh on my accounts...basically they are a pretty front for a company of scammers

10th of Aug, 2010

my husband and I have been enrolled into two different programs with Coastal Credit Solutions and had tremendous luck and fortune with them. While I did a credit counseling program to save my credit, he had to do a settlement program with his cards because he was so far behind. From my understanding we are NOT working with the same company... I had heard of Coastal Credit Solution's through a friend who graduated successfully from one of their debt programs with an affiliate and that's how I ended up working with them. Neither of us have ever heard of CBDC in ANY way being related to Coastal Credit Solutions. I completely agree with their A rating and from working with them can see why they have it. I'd recommend working with a rep their named Amanda who helped my husband and I pay off a significant portion of our debt over the last 9 months.

10th of Aug, 2010

this couldn't be farther from the truth. myself, my husband, and best friend have all have a great experience with Coastal Credit Solution to help pay off our debt.

• So
      12th of Nov, 2010

I have an a great experience with Coastal Credit Solutions. They are professional and educational. Very helpful with many programs to assist my family with our debt. I do know I had a spoof company witha similiar name, try to scam me from Texas, but this was not the same company as Coastal Credit in San Diego. They were the best and really helped me reach my financial goals. In just 6 months, I'll be debt free and saved 12k in finance charges on the program!

• Wt
      10th of Dec, 2010

I agree these guys are a scam. We paid $2600. to them over 6 months while they did nothing but collect our checks, negotiated our own debt with our creditors and got the finger from CBDC when we asked for some of our investment back. They give you different information every time you talk to them. They are not above-board. The only thing they guarantee is that they get theirs up front. I hope the new legislation puts them out of business and they can negotiate their own debt settlement!

• De
      2nd of Aug, 2011

I was a client from CBDC and you seemed to have your information incorrect .. Coastal is the agency that signs you up and and takes your first payment.. AFter that they send your account to CBDC which is a NON PROFIT company and will send your payments to your creditors every month They are not a settlement company and they only thing they do is negotiate the interest. Yes you have to do some leg work because its your debt and its in your name so you should be responsible of maintaing your accounts . I am completed with CBDC it took 5 yrs instead of 30 and I am happy