Cbc.ca / Bad service

Att: www.cbc.ca-marketplace Hi, we don't really know where to start, but we know, we need your help and boy do we have a story for you. It is a very long story so I would prefer not to write it all out, but here is the jist of it. Our house was flooded with a sewer flood. We phoned our insurance company, Optimum West, numerous times without a call back for 5 days. One man showed up on the 5th day, nothing done. By this time I was already sick and on my way to becoming very ill. I laid in bed for 5 days in terrible pain before spending a minimum of 17 days at the Maple Ridge Hospital with an ecoli infection throughout my entire system. I still continue to see specialists because I am still very ill. First they told us everything would be replaced. Then they told us we had to go and get quotes. We did this and it took several days because we lost 302 items. Then one quote per item was not good enough, so then they asked us to get two quotes for every item, by this time we had worked at it for months just to have found out our items adjuster had been fired and we had to start all over again! Not really understanding how there system works, ignorantly, we did it all again, and then that lady was fired, so we started again. But this time with only a few weeks to wrap up the claim or we would loose it all. There is much much more to tell, this is just the beginning. This is wrong, we want closure and reimbursment for the rest of our items lost. We need your help please, we have been trying to find someone to help us and then we saw your segment on "underdogs" and we thought we finally found someone to help us.

N  18th of Jul, 2014 by
The Economist is a great magazine, but I have never subscribed to it. I received a slip that resembles a bill that can be variously interpreted as a renewal or a new order. These turkeys have attached themselves to my personal information through some backchannel. That they've written a few CYA phrases on the slip does not make this mailing any less deceptive.