Cayman National Bank - Worst Bank In Cayman Islands / bad service - cayman national bank service is the most unreliable

1 American Samoa Review updated:

Known as one of the worst offshore banks in the island - cayman national bank is the worst offshore bank in cayman islands - cayman national : bank was recently voted the worst offshore bank in the cayman islands.

Warning: the government of the cayman islands have a financial supervision commission (fsc) which is responsible for licensing and supervising the activities of banks, building societies etc., in the cayman islands and for investigating among other things potentially fraudulent financial services companies and companies that misinform clients.

Public warning statement : according to the report anyone considering doing business with cayman national bank should “exercise the greatest possible caution before proceeding” and anyone who has already done business should consider closing their accounts.

Customer testimonials for incompetance:

Ouch
Yes, cayman national bank is totally incompetent. I've had plenty of bad experiences. Lots of frustrating runarounds from local staff and back again. It seems like no one at the cayman national bank really knows what to do most of the time. And there were plenty of occasions to question: just how does a bank this awful stay in business?

And it comes down to lock-in and choices. I don't even care about the lack of atms of other banks. I'll pay the fee to withdraw cash if I don't have to deal with all the [censored] cayman national shovels. I've threatened to move my account before on the phone, but it's such a pain-in-the-#. And you can almost justify not changing, to delay the pain, which comes from dealing with more incompetence rather than changing banks, until some future date.

Tell us how it goes with your next bank. I'm ready to change too. Might as well let you test the waters...
Posted by danchan

Wonder if their employees know they work for an evil empire.
You know, I really wonder. Do the employees of cayman national bank know how bad it really is? Do they realize that they are part of that evil?

My friend dan chang had an interesting idea about microsoft and that because of all the bad karma (real or perceived) they were finding it harder and harder to get good people to go work there. I'm not sure I bought that but...

Do the employees are cayman national bank know they are helping to cause harm and grief to thousands of their customers? I mean if you worked at a restaurant and you found out the owner was serving rotten food would you continue working there? Would you report him to the police? How can the employees of wells fargo keep supporting that company with their labors?

At some point you just have to get out. The only alternative is that all good people have already left and wells fargo is only left with bad people. Kind of like how fry's often feels like people that got rejected from a mc donalds.
Posted by greggmandecember 30, 2000 at 9:20

Wow, you've been brainwashed by working at cayman national bank
All the responses i've gotten about your posts in e-mail have been that it's people like you that are exactly wells fargo's problem. You have put forth an arrogant attitude. You have expect me, the customer, to fix the bank's problems or to know how to fix them. That is not my job, it is the bank's. You want to see better customer service. Try a different bank.

So far, i've gotten flawless customer service from other local bank's pboe department (I can't speak for all of bank as I only deal with their pboe department). They have never told me "we can't do that", and I have never had to escalate a call. Whenever i've needed something done, even if it they generally do not directly handle it they have gone out of their way to find a solution without me even having to ask! That has never been the case with wells fargo.

Cayman national bank on the other hand is has now not only given me the worst service I have ever gotten from a bank but one of their employees has now insulted me. You're posts speak for themsevles. Cayman national bank is #!
Posted by greg manoctober

Eb

Comments

• Re
      29th of Apr, 2008

CAYMAN NATIONAL BANK IS THE WORST OFFSHORE BANK IN CAYMAN ISLANDS - Cayman National :: Bank was recently voted the worst offshore bank in the Cayman Islands.

WARNING: The Government of the Cayman Islands have a Financial Supervision Commission (FSC) which is responsible for licensing and supervising the activities of banks, building societies etc., in the Cayman Islands and for investigating among other things potentially fraudulent financial services companies and companies that misinform clients.

Public Warning Statement : According to the Report anyone considering doing business with Cayman National Bank should “exercise the greatest possible caution before proceeding” and anyone who has already done business should consider closing their accounts.

Customer Testimonials For Incompetance:

Ouch
    Yes, Cayman National Bank is totally incompetent. I've had plenty of bad experiences . Lots of frustrating runarounds from local staff and back again. It seems like no one at the cayman national bank really knows what to do most of the time. And there were plenty of occasions to question: just how does a bank this awful stay in business?

And it comes down to lock-in and choices. I don't even care about the lack of ATMs of other banks. I'll pay the fee to withdraw cash if I don't have to deal with all the [censored] Cayman National shovels. I've threatened to move my account before on the phone, but it's such a pain-in-the-###. And you can almost justify not changing, to delay the pain, which comes from dealing with more incompetence rather than changing banks, until some future date.

posted by danchan

wonder if their employees know they work for an evil empire.
    You know, I really wonder. Do the employees of Cayman National Bank know how bad it really is? Do they realize that they are part of that evil?

My friend Dan Chang had an interesting idea about Microsoft and that because of all the bad karma (real or perceived) they were finding it harder and harder to get good people to go work there. I'm not sure I bought that but...

Do the employees are Cayman National Bank know they are helping to cause harm and grief to thousands of their customers? I mean if you worked at a restaurant and you found out the owner was serving rotten food would you continue working there? Would you report him to the police? How can the employees of Wells Fargo keep supporting that company with their labors?

At some point you just have to get out. The only alternative is that all good people have already left and Wells Fargo is only left with bad people. Kind of like how Fry's often feels like people that got rejected from a Mc Donalds.
    posted by greggmanDecember 30, 2000 at 9:20

Wow, You've been brainwashed by working at Cayman National Bank
    All the responses I've gotten about your posts in e-mail have been that it's people like YOU that are exactly Wells Fargo's problem. You have put forth an ARROGANT attitude. You have expect ME, the customer, to FIX the BANK'S problems or to know how to fix them. That is NOT my job, it is the BANK's. You want to see BETTER CUSTOMER SERVICE. Try a different bank.

So far, I've gotten FLAWLESS customer service from other local bank's PBOE department (I can't speak for all of bank as I only deal with their PBOE department). They have NEVER told me "we can't do that", and I have never had to escalate a call. Whenever I've needed something done, even if it they generally do not directly handle it they have gone out of their way to find a solution WITHOUT ME EVEN HAVING TO ASK! That has NEVER been the case with Wells Fargo.

Cayman National Bank on the other hand is has now not only given me the Worst Service I have EVER gotten from a bank but one of their employees has now insulted me. You're posts speak for themsevles. Cayman National Bank is ###!
    posted by greg manOctober

• Sh
      8th of May, 2008

Thisis true cayman national is the worst bank for service in the island.

• Av
      22nd of Feb, 2009

I disagree with both complaints above on the simple grounds that neither have anything to do with the Cook Islands.

Complainants should note that the Caymen Islands are in the Caribbean, while the Cook Islands are in the same timezone as Hawaii, in the Pacific Ocean, some 9112 kilometres to the west of George Town.

Having said that, I do know there is at least a small amount of traffic between the two offshore centres, in terms of staff and legislation.

• He
      12th of Jan, 2018

Cayman national bank is the worst !!!, I have been waiting to open account for over than a month, they finally reach out to my boss for reference, which my boss already confirm, I was there and witness this, and the clerk told me the account will be open today or tomorrow, so I came back the next day which is just 20 minutes ago, guess what they said???...oh my Lord..this can't be happening, I'm so positive but it s been gone too long for open an account, a freakin month?, incompetent, never apologize, and no one seems to care at this bank, please think 1000 times doing business with CAYMAN NATIONAL BANK.