Cay Boutique / Personalized towel

1 Bradenton, FL, United States Review updated:

I purchased a voucher on Groupon on Dec 2, 2016 for a personalized towel from Cay Boutique. I went to the website to place the order and ended paying an additional charge for tax and shipping. This gift was going to be part of my Matron of Honor beach bag for my wedding. After multiple emails requesting to contact me and also providing my phone number. I received only 2 email response, one stating that they were in the process of taking care of all the Christmas items to get out on time and after that would turn their attention to the other items in order from when they were placed. It was estimated that it would take about 4 weeks. Ok. that sounds reasonable. Well 7 weeks later still no delivery. I emailed them again and they responded that a shipping notification had been created and that my towel would be on its way in the next 3-5 days. That was January 27th, 2017. I sent several emails after that with no response whatsoever even at the point that I was fed up and wanted a refund and of course no response. They have no other ways of contact on their website. I have notified Groupon several times and they refunded my money from the purchase of the voucher, but yet to have my tax and shipping refunded because they will not respond. It is now 2/24/2017 and still no response and no towels. Groupon was little to no help, but at least they respond to your e-mails.

• Updated by Alpine15, Mar 02, 2017

It looks like several people have already filed complaints with the BBB including me.

• Updated by Alpine15, Apr 13, 2017

I finally received my "beach towel" after 4 months and complaint to BBB. This is a joke and slap in the face. This was a bath towel you can purchase at Walmart. I would have rather not even gotten it. Made me pissed off all over again. I hope something is done soon!!

Al
Feb 24, 2017

Comments

• Kh
      2nd of Mar, 2017

Going through the same thing now. I wish there was a better ending! They should be caught and sentenced. This sounds like a scam!

• Al
      2nd of Mar, 2017

@KH5 Think about filing a complaint with the BBB

• Da
      5th of Mar, 2017

I also purchased through Groupon and getting no response from either. Both should be turned in to the BBB! This is ridiculous!

• Fr
      16th of Mar, 2017

I have connections through private investigator... I have the owners name, address and phone number. Her EIN# as well. If anyone wants to get together and file a lawsuit let me know!!!

• Am
      22nd of Mar, 2017

@Frustrated Mom of 9 It would be nice to have her information since I to have gone thru this same thing and I am fighting with them now!!!

• Fr
      22nd of Mar, 2017

Keila Pastrana 3147 Crestwood Circle Apt A Saint Cloud FL 34769 EIN# 47-55334580, Comp# L15000189316, Phone# 407-350-1710 DOB 4/6/81

• Am
      22nd of Mar, 2017

Thank you!! I filed with the BBB in Oklahoma, where I am from and in Florida!!

• Ta
      10th of May, 2018

A year after this and I am going through the same thing. Purchased the monogram towel through Groupon on 9/27/2017. I have lost all hope of receiving the towel and will also file a complaint with BBB.