Cavtel Phone / I've moved, but still receiving bills!

I moved from the DC area to Europe and had my cavtel acct closed 5/31/07. A week later, I received a bill from cavtel for the month of June. I phoned and let them know that my service was canceled - in fact I had sold my house. The representative confirmed this, apologized, and said she'd take care of it. Friends are receiving our forwarded mail, and emailed me to say we are still getting bills from cavtel, now with late fees attached. I have sent emails, but have not heard back. how can a company issue bills when the phone/internet was disconnected (and I know this is a fact because I could not use the phone my last day in the house)! I refuse to call them from Europe and pay the phone charges to handle this. But I also don't want it to affect my credit rating. If anyone is considering cavtel phone, I would seriously think again. I won't go into all the problems we had with them, but at one point I was without phone service for 1 week, due to some "unexplained" problem on their end.

Comments

Th
  9th of Nov, 2007

I absolutely agree with all the negative web comments about Cavalier Telephone. In 4 months, my phone was cut 3 times due to some error. Then it would take them more than a week to get it right so that it cuts off again in a month. Everytime I called Customer Service, I'm on hold for at least 25 minutes wasting my cell phone minutes. I finally canceled everything 2 months ago after having enough problems, and now I'm billed monthly for service I don't even have! This company is a JOKE, their customer Service reps are mentally challenged and can't get anything right. This is a pathetic company that should be shut down. And pathetic is an understatement.

Wi
  18th of May, 2009

### i paid phone bill they said i still have paid 200 hundren to trun my phone back on thank you cavalier.### theyshould be shut down.

Be
  11th of Jul, 2010

Unfortunately I too have been ripped off by Cavtel. After talk american switched to cavtel I stayed with the company and had no problem, rates were fine and service was ok. After they added internet service via the C250 plan I thought it couldnt get better. Phone and intenet for 50.00. I set up auto payments from my bank account instead of them deducting from my account. And that was ok for awhile because I had payments set higher than my monthly bill. This worked for a couple of years until my bills started jumping higher than my payments and I all ways would be $90.00+ in arrears, I would call and asked what happened how did i get so behind and the rep would give be all this bull *** about payments that are past due and presently due and future payments amount and it never made since and I would ask about my payments that were made, and it seemed that they did not count. Well I dropped 200.00 down extra to catch up on past payments and get ahead
while increasing the monthly payment amount to cover the bill. I should have had a credit right? but no a couple of months later I have a balance that is in arrears again. I called and asked what happened to my credit, balance and they act like it does not compute? That the payment due is past. I know that I am tired of this bull** that they are running, and stopped dropping large sums to catch up. Im getting away from these sharks.