Cathy Slavin / Child support payments

Department of Revenue
Phone: 941-316-1766
I have made numerous telephone calls to the Dept. of Revenue regarding the date and amount of the deposit of my child support payments. I was passed to many different areas no one having any answers and which agency was responsible. The funds are taken out of the non-custodial parents check weekly. It is the first of the month my funds are there and being held for purposes I have no answer to. I asked the woman on the phone to tell me when the funds would be deposited and the date monthly so that I can budget our bills. She did not have an answer...she said she would get back to me. Now if the funds are there and it is the first of the month a direct deposit should be posted to my account and it is not. Single Mothers rely on their child support. This system does not seem to be working to benifit the parent who needs the funds!! or someone at the Dept. of Revenue is dropping the ball. I am not asking for the world I am asking for the amount and date of the deposit.The funds are needed to help support a disabled child and are very much needed. This should not be an issue, but it is a very big issue for me!! All we are doing is following the court orders and no help or answers are being given to me. I need my child support on time every month.

N  1st of Jul, 2009 by
It actually was set up for me to receive checks weekly and it all of a sudden stopped and the dept. of Revenue said it was due to an overpayment on the non-custodial part, and there is no way to correct it.Now I receive my child support payments at random intervals when they release it. I have no idea when they will hit my account and no idea what the amounts will be at any given time. The whole process is very unprofessional and unorganized!!!