Cathay Pacific / High expense on changing tickets
I am feeling upset and I cannot find any help from Cathay pacific for those two days even though Cathay Pacific has mentioned about Society Responsibility.
So, I decide to write to Headquarter of Cathay Pacific to ask for help.
It is urgent. My wife, had booked two tickets for Chengdu, and the departure time is May 19th 2009 via Hongkong. One ticket is of my wife and the other one is of my daughter .
Unfortunately, My daughter had caught a cold five days ago and had a high fever, so we were forced to change the departure date of trip to May 24th 2009, We changed the tickets via TianBao Travel Agent, we had spent 750 Canadian dollars. Today, the result of clinical assessment comes out, The result is that my daughter has caught Fluenza A, even though we don't know whether her fever is H1N1 or not. The doctors confirmed no traveling. And the final result will come out one week later.
It is said that we can not leave on May 24th, 2009. We have to cancel this trip and book tickets for the future trips. When I called Cathay Pacific in Canada, I was asked to contact with the Agent. But the agent responded that no way and said that we could only contact Cathay Pacific.
Yes, if we only consider our benefit, we can travel and pass the boarding check while my daughter takes some medicine to cover the fever symptoms. But the other travelers will be infected with Influenza A, we have to take this trip after my daughter's completely recovery.
So, we have written emails to Cathay Pacific and we are waiting for resposne. And now I want to fax a copy to Cathay Pacific to ask for help. And this wll be the last way for us.
I believe that it is the time for every one to share the society duties, including Cathay Pacific airlines. It is absolutely wrong if we pay too much more money to our accidentally infected by Influenza A, and airlines and travel agent can get money for our changing tickets. It is a better for us to get a solution as soon as possible.
I am looking forward to the further prompt response.
More Cathay Pacific Complaints & Reviews
- Asia Miles / Cathay Pacific - Don't trust Asial Miles, they are big hoax and scam! 
- Cathay Pacific - lost luggage 
- Cathay Pacific - DELAYED BAGGAGE CLAIM 
- Cathay Pacific - poor and rude customer service 
- Cathay Pacific - Very misleading advertising and many disappointed and furious Cathay passengers 
- Cathay Pacific Airways - stolen item from lost luggage
- Cathay Pacific Airways - service
- Cathay Pacific Airways - worst flight ever
- Cathay Pacific Airways - lost baggage
- Cathay Pacific Airways - customer service call center