Cathay Pacific / REWARD POINTS FORFEITING.

HONGKONG, United States Review updated:

ASIA MILES REWARD PROGRAM IS BOGUS AND FAKE, DON'T TRUST THEM , IT IS ATTACHED WITH CHINA BASED AIRLINE CATHAY PACIFIC.

This chinese reward program will forfeit all your points by systematic delay tricks. You can never get reward points redeemed. At any given time their flights are fully if you try to seek journey by using reward points. It is a big hoax. All your points will will sytematically deleted /forfeited by lapsing process.

I have generated many thousand points, but today every thing is gone, made many many attempts to redeem them but always their seats are full even before 6 months even before 1 year.

Just forget this airline or reward points. Use other airline where you or your business will be respected. But this china based airline run by cunning crooks, who wants to generate money by all means.

We all know how chinese buisness works, it is counterfeit, or money loss, or poor quality or lead coated toys. Theyfall in to similar kind of service and ripoff.

Comments

Ya
  3rd of Jun, 2008
I am suffering the same fate...after a few months I started thinking that they are delibrately doing this and then I found this page after a google search.
Sh
  5th of Oct, 2010
I wholeheartedly agree. We booked our flight months in advance and were told that if wanted to upgrade to business class we had to purchase Economy K class (note, this is a few hundred dollars more than the economy base price and we have three people!). So after purchasing the K class, we were told to call back in another month to check on the upgrade status. We called and got the same response, this time to call back two weeks prior to departure. We call back and guess what? There are no more business class seats. Normally, I wouldn't be that upset, but my son was able to go to their website and reserve business class seats...which proves that there are still seats remaining. Even my travel agent ( I guess they have access) tells me that 18 seats are still available. Now, my question, why are they not releasing those seats for upgrades? I'm a silver member and travel at least twice a year, then what's the use of my mileage points and going with Cathay? This is the last straw, I'm going to fly with another airline who appreciate their customers.
Dr
  27th of Feb, 2012
I GOT MY AIR TICKET THRU MILEAGE, AND RIGHT NOW WE'RE TRYING TO MOVE OUR DATE FURTHER BUT THERE'S NO ONE I CAN TALK TO. THE
1-80018553838 IS NOT WORKING AT ALL, STAYED ON THE PHONE FOR QUEING & WAITED HOURS WITH THE MACHINE. NO ONE CAN TALK TO. ITS REALLY NOT FRIENDLY AT ALL. I EVEN EMAILED THEM THRU ASIAMILES EMAIL ADDRESS, STILL, NO REPLY. HOW TO CHANGE IT ONLINE? SITE IS NOT FRIENDLY TOO. SO HOW DO I POSSIBLY CHANGE MY FLIGHT? EVEN CATHAY PACIFIC OFFICE IS NOT HELPING, WENT TO THEIR OFFICE TELLING ME THEY HAVE NO WAY OF CHANGING FLIGHT IF TICKET TAKEN FR MILEAGE. SO WAT SERVICES CAN WE GET THRU 1-800, N LOGGING IN TO THEIR WEBSITE.
Ch
  5th of Mar, 2012
Absolutely correct. This is the same nonsense I have been dealing with as well. All call centers are busy and I have not been able to reach an agent for over 2 weeks. Cathay Pacific blames this on a new upgraded computer reservations system, and apparently the staff do not know how to use it, causing tremendous delays. Go online and check the "manage My Booking" section. This only works for certain fare classes, however. If you are on an economy class V or class M for example, you can not change online. If you booked with award points or are trying to upgrade, you usually can not make the change online either. I too visited an office and they were unable to make changes (waiting for head office to respond). The only way I was able to get my urgently required date is by paying a significantly higher fare to change to a higher fare class. Staff seem to not understand or not care about my explanation that seats in my original fare class WERE available. A local agent called me to offer the seat, and then while ON THE PHONE WITH ME seconds later said that, oh no, the seat disappeared (was taken by another agent making a booking somewhere). I understand far conditions, but it is unreasonable to make the customer pay for these problems when there is currently NO SERVICE available from Cathay Pacific. I suspect there are MANY people affected in this way due to the delays. I suspect many will complain and I don't think it;s possible and I certainly don't think Cathay Pacific will be willing to do anything to compensate. I am absolutely furious. the only way I would consider using this airline again is with a one way ticket bought last minute. They are just too unpredictable and you can never count on being able to reach staff or have any changes made. Long ago before the current disaster, I waited on hold for hours in Singapore before getting through to an agent to change a return flight as well. This airline has such a good reputation. Service is the air is OKAY if there are no complications, but service on the ground is abysmal. I paid an unfair fee to change my fare class because it's worth it to me to now be able to manage my booking online and not have to wait on hold r speak to another one of the staff. THAT is valuable. The lesson learned to never fly with this airline again is priceless. Look online and you'll see review after review of unbelievable things happening. It's schemes and tactics are even worse than airlines in USA. Add to that the uncomfortable seats, below average food, and awful beverages I don't understand how people can like this airline. Business class might be much better.
Ro
  15th of Jan, 2013
BKK-MILAN OR ROME. IN JANUARY I TRIED TO REDEEM AWARDS FOR TWO BUSINESS CLASS TICKETS FOR TRAVEL DATES IN FEBRUARY, NO SEATS.I THOUGHT IT WAS TOO LAST MINUTE. THEN I TRIED 6 MONTHS IN ADVANCE FOR JULY STILL NO SEATS. I GOT A BIT SUSPICIOUS. I CHECKED THE SEATS FOR THE FULL MONTH OF JULY DAY BY DAY FOR BOTH ROUTES BKK-MILAN-BKK, BKK-ROME-BKK, NOT ONE SEAT AVAILABLE FOR THE FULL MONTH OF JULY. THEY KEEP YOU ON WAITING LIST FOR MONTHS NOT UNDERSTANDING THAT A PASSENGER HAS TO BOOK HIS CONNECTING FLIGHTS ONLINE, REQUEST FOR VISA WHICH THE PROCEDURE TAKES 15 DAYS FOR EUROPE AND US VISA. HAVE BEEN ON HOLD FOR GOOD 45 MINUTES TO AN HOUR AND HAD CONVERSATIONS WITH ASIA MILS FOR ONE AND A HALF HOURS, THE STAFF TRY TO HELP BUT ARE MORE THAN SURPRISED THAN ME THAT THEY CANNOT FIND A SEAT AVAILABLE THROUGHOUT THE MONTH. AT ONE POINT THEY EVEN SUGGESTED WHY DONT YOU REDEEM IT FOR SOME OTHER STUFF. AS A CUSTOMER WHO CHOOSE TO BE A LOYAL MEMBER OF ASIA MILES AND ARE ENTITLED TO GET WHAT THEY WANT. MANY OF US PURPOSELY COLLECT MILES TO GET A VACATION, THE MILES HAVE NOT COME FREE THE COST OF MILES HAVE BEEN INCLUDED IN AIRLINE TICKET FARES OR CREDIT FEES WHICHEVER WAY EACH MEMBER HAS EARNED THEM. THEY SHOULD NOT TREAT CUSTOMER THINKING ASIA MILES CAN GIVE CUSTOMER ANYTHING THEY FEEL LIKE GIVING, YOU HAVE INDIRECTLY CHARGED US FOR THESE MILES AND SHOULD HONOR THEM. AS A MEMBER OF THAI ROP PROGRAM AS WELL, ITS A VERY DIFFERENT EXPERIENCE REDEEMING TICKETS, INSTANTLY YO ARE ADVISED ON ALTERNATIVES TO MOVE YOUR DATES TO GET A CONFIRMATION OR A BETTER CHANCE. BUT STAFF OF ASIA MILES HAVE NO INFORMATION WHAT IS THE STATUS OF THE FLIGHT WHAT FLIGHT SHOULD YOU MOVE TO TO GET THE CONFIRMATION (ACTUALY NOTHING IS AVAILABLE SO WHAT THEY CAN SUGGEST :) AS A ASIA MILES MEMBER YOU ARE TREATED AS A BEGGAR, IF SOME SEAT ARE KEFT UNSOLD THEY MAY CONSIDER PASSING IT ON TO CUSTOMER REDEEMING AWARDS.

Cathay Pacific Airways Logo Cathay Pacific Airways