Cathay Pacific/Asia Miles / CathayPacific/AsiaMiles is a SCAM

United States Review updated:

CathayPacific/Asia Miles is a SCAM!! My grandma 90+ year old. She is so loyal to CathayPacific and ONLY flies CX between Canada and HK. She's cumulated many miles and would like to redeem a ticket for her daughter to visit her from US with AmericaAirline. Per AsiaMiles instructions, you have to submit redeem request form and a representative will contact you within 7 days. We've submitted the form since March, 2012. Two months now, AsiaMiles has NEVER contacted us to finalize this award ticket. We emailed AsiaMiles, etc. No response!! We tried to call all phone numbers listed with their HK, US, Canada and UK offices, all of the phone lines are busy all the time. CathayPacific/AsiaMiles should feel shame to scam a 90+ year old lady who's been so loyal to CX.

Comments

• Gr
      30th of Apr, 2012

Asia Miles is a SCAM!! My grandma 90+ years old. She is so loyal to CathayPacific and ONLY fly CX between Canada and HK. She's cumulated many miles and would like to redeem a ticket between US and Canada with AmericaAirline. Per AsiaMiles instructions, you have to submit redeem request form and a representative will contact you within 7 days. We've submitted the form since March, 2012, almost 2 months now, AsiaMiles has NEVER contacted us to finalize this award ticket. We emailed AsiaMiles, no response. We tried to call AsiaMiles' HK, US, Canada and UK offices, all of those phone numbers have busy signals all the time. CathayPacific and AsiaMiles should feel really shame to scam a 90+ year old lady who have been flying solely with CX for all these years.

• Fa
      30th of Apr, 2012

Asia Miles is a waste of Time! Dreadful. considering there are very good Flyer reward programs in the world, e.g. Qantas Frequent Flyer...Asia Miles Suks!

I make a booking, I check back 24 hours later (Cos I don't trust them) It is cancelled. No email, no explanation. I try to call them you can wait for 3 hours. I leave a message for them to call back... I usually give up. I email them (over a 2 week period) and no-one replies ever!
    I have done this 3 times... I give up...
    Isn't there some customer service bureau we can ask to investigate this dreadful service!

Thanks.