Casual Living USA and Shopping Essentials / unauthorized monthly charge to Shopping Essesntials from April 08 to December 08

1 Tampa, FL 336345401 Hangar Court, United States Review updated:

I recently discovered an unauthorized charge of $14.95 each month since April 2008. As my husband always checks the statement and didn't bother with this charge thinking it was something I did it went unnoticed all this time. I called and cancelled, but wish to get a refund. This happened when I ordered a swimsuit coverup online from Casual Living. No mention was made that they would subcsribe me to some savings services with some company called Shopping Essesntials. I would not have done that. Mainly I would like to see this type of unethical behavior perpetrated on unwitting people stopped. It is actually out and out theft.

Comments

• Ca
      2nd of Apr, 2009

I noticed the charge to Reservation Rewards immediately and sent Casual Living USA an email. They refunded the $12 immediately. I never authorized them to withdraw money and knew it had to be through Casual Living USA because I rarely order online because of these kinds of problems. If someone with a joint account had this problem, I can see where they might get away with this scam.

• Ti
      14th of Mar, 2011

I wish that I saw this before I ordered from Casual Living for the first time! I ordered a top from them in January. When I opened the flimsy bag, I noticed that the top had been sealed into the bag it was shipped in. Right away I called them. The Woman said for me to seal the bag back up and return it. UPS said it will probably be returned to me, due to the unclear label. So not taking any chances I brought it back home and called again! I ask if a label can be emailed to me, the lady said oh yes. After about 20 mins on hold, she comes back and said it will be coming in the mail. Is that what I asked to have done, that she said could be done??? several days later I get the label and send the top back. Three weeks later I get a charge on my credit card for 29.00 from them. I call again! Oh, she says we charge and credit your acount on returns. I didn't understand why this had to happen when I already paid for it and it was a different amount charged than original purchase! I also told her about the return label issue, she said well I don't know why that person didn't tell you that you can print the label from our website. Long story short, they sent it to my billing address instead of the mailing address that was given to them. I have just recieved the new top (that I now hate because of this) it is MARCH! Oh, for my troubles she gave my free shipping on my next order. LIKE THATS GOING TO HAPPEN! I will never buy from them again!

• Do
      26th of May, 2011

I purchased from Casual Living USA twice and will never do so again. The first time I had to return certain items and waited several weeks before I received a credit to my Bill Me Later account. Recently I made a return on May 11 and it was received by CL on May 13. I called them yesterday and was on hold for over 20 minutes only to be told I needed to provide the UPS tracking # from the label I used to return the items. So I called them with the UPS Tracking no. today. I spoke with (Inella?) who confirmed the return but told it was too soon for them to issue a credit, to call next week. She said they were 5 or 6 weeks behind in the warehouse and that the computer would not allow her to issue a credit even with the UPS tracking no., and to call again next week. Now they have had the return for two weeks. Why are they holding up credits when there is proof they received the return? When I asked her about any interest charged to my bill because of this delay, she apologized and said there wasn't anything she could do. What kind of scam are they pulling? I will never purchase from Casual Living USA again for this reason. Not to mention the fact that if the clothing was better quality there wouldn't be a need to make returns.

23rd of Jun, 2011

Oh My, I ordered a dress from Casual Living and it took a VERY long time to come. Finally I got it and it was too big. The UPS label they are supposed to provide was NOT in the package so I PAID UPS myself to ship it back. 3 weeks after they received the item I still did not have my refund. I threatened them with the BBB and they finally "released" my refund. I told them to MAKE SURE they did NOT deduct the amount of the UPS label from my refund because I paid UPS out of pocket myself. They released it on a MOnday and Thursday I got a refund MINUS $6.95 for the UPS label that I never got!

I have NEVER had such horrible service ordering online from ANY website. They are associated with Chadwicks and I've always had wonderful service from Chadwicks. I don't know what the problem is with Casual Living but I will NEVER NEVER order from them again, which is sad because I really like some of their things and the dress was really cute (just too big).

Definitely NOT WORTH the hassle though.