Castaway Pools / Do not finish work /don't return calls!

John JR is a used car sales man... he made promises to us and has yet to follow threw. We have a pool in our yard now with no concrete, it is leaking, pump is leaking, tanning shelf and spa are tilted. Pool is wrong color, we were promised up and running by June 22nd still to date not usable. He thinks of excuse after excuse... does not ever return phone calls, I have left msgs for John at office, on his cell phone, with Midge, with Bernie, with Willy from Kalai Excavating (who is partners in the business) etc etc etc and to no avail...

They have our money that we saved up to have this put in for kids... how do they sleep at night... I feel sorry for them @@@@!!!

Ka

More Castaway Pools Complaints & Reviews

Comments

17th of Jul, 2007

We had the same problem with castaway pools they put the pool in and never came back to finish the job. Check out my complaint board under the category pool and bath, there are more people with the same problems. Don't waste your time going to any of their stores to complain, it is a waste of your time. They will hide and lie more. It is funny that kara asked "how do they sleep at night", because today I called john's cell phone and of course it went right to voice mail. I asked him how he sleeps at night. I was surprised that he called back around 10 am but my ringer was off. I tried to call back but it went right to voice mail again. I guess it was the start of another day of hiding, lining and putting in pools that will not get finished. JOHN if you are reading this you told me that you taught just about everybody in the south jersey area how to put fiberglass pools in and that you are the best. John you are the worst contractor I have ever worked with, I have worked in construction for 18 years and I have never saw an act like yours. The day that you installed my pool you told me that your past customers call you to thank you and you could stop by their house anytime and have a beer with them, please stop by john, or are you too scared? By the way bring your dad too. He and i have some issuses to discuss as well. Tell him I am the ungrateful customer, he will remember me. DENNY you are another lier for john, go home to west virgina we do not need you in our state or can't you go home? MIDGE you are a terrible minority owner you are a disgrace to other women trying to be good company owners, go back to nursing or are you not a good nurse either? WILLE when I met you, I thought you were stupid you are, you may have screwed me but carma will come back to you. Anyway good luck in bankruptcy I will look for your new company name next year. Here are some new company names I will give you RUNAWAY POOLS, PINOCHIO POOLS or how about HIDEAWAY POOLS.

• Do
      12th of Aug, 2008

I just have a question: Is Castaway Pools the same comapany as Water World Pools?

• Am
      30th of Sep, 2008

I am totally in agree with everything you say, he ALWAYS had an EXCUSE. I am nurse and if I came up with excuses like that to patients, my boss or doctors I would be fired! My husband and I just recently saw all this posted in the paper. we live in MD and had no idea that all this was going on. I pray that you get back a FULL refund and I also pray that we get compensated for his work also. We have no fence, no pool cover, no ladder we had to pay for all the start up chemicals in which John promised us and is in the contract. We are hopign that County does come by and see us w/o a fence and we get fine, we gave John our money and like u said to no avail...