Casio G-Shock Tough Solar Classic / Battery Replacement and Customer Service
I am writing to express my dissatisfaction with the estimate that was received in reference to my Casio G-Shock. The watch was purchased from JcPenney’s in 2008 for well over $150. Spending that amount of money on a “solar-atomic” watch was perceived as a worthwhile purchase based on the features of the watch and reading about what the G-Shock could physically take. I am a Police Officer in Tampa, FL and I needed a good watch that could take the abuse. I assumed that this watch would meet my expectations and be able to absorb the demands of my daily job.
Approximately 2 months ago the watch started blinking in the battery zone when the illumination button is depressed. When I finally had a day off to contact the repair center I was told that the issue sounded like a "backup/illumination battery” issue and the estimated cost on this repair would be $15. This was a shock in the first respect due to my understanding that this was a solar watch, but the technician I spoke with informed me that the illumination on the watch needed a battery. I wanted to fix my watch so I sent the G-Shock in for repairs on the 17th of March 2009. Today (March 27, 2009) I receive a letter stating that the ESTIMATED repairs are $35.00 without an explanation of exactly what is going wrong with my watch. The requested grand total is $45.00 on top of the $8 it cost for me to send the watch in initially. I am completely disgusted with my purchase at this point and will pay the additional $7.95 for return shipping without repair.
I guess my assumption about what a great watch the G-shock was is false. I just wanted to express my dissatisfaction in your product and the steps I am needed to take just to get this watch back into service. You can rest assured I will not purchase another G-Shock or Casio product nor will I recommend it to anyone that is in need of a good service watch.
More Casio G-Shock Tough Solar Classic Complaints & Reviews
- Casio /Analog (HK-Y) - Stop working 
- Casio - G shock - battery replacement problem 
- Casio - Casio product as their service stinks! 
- casio G Shock - Warranty & Service 
- Casio W-96 H - Scratches badly 
- Casio Electronic Manufacturing Company - gshock ga1000-1a watch & repair service
- Casio Watch - casio sport digital atomic watch
- Casio Watch MTP1246D-1AV - New Casio Watch- not functioning
- Casio Electronic Manufacturing Company - Employee misbehavior
- Casio G-Shock atomic time keeping - Unable to remove links from watch band