CashCall.com / Rip off!

1 californiafontain valley, United States Review updated:

Cashcall is not a good place to get a loan... I have been paying them for almost 3 years now and have only paid the interest... Yes I needed the loan, we were heavy in debt from three major surgeries that were not covered completely from our medical insurance. But the interest rate is just unbelievable. And they lie over and over "don't worry about the numbers they wont really be that high" when I became homeless and closed my bank account they said I could pay with a money order and if I paid late I would just need to pay the late fee, Ya right I just found out months later that I am incurring a 3-5 dollar a day increase on my loan for ever day late I pay... That just doesn't seem right.

De

More CashCall.com Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Va
      6th of Feb, 2008

This may be the worse company I have ever dealt with. I took a loan out with them back in April of 2007. Sure the day I spoke to the woman who handles the paperwork online was as nice as could be, telling me not to pay attention to the 'numbers' meaning the payments and interest rates. She pushed me into thinking everything had to be done right away basically not giving me the time to read all the fine print. She did say however that I had 24 hours to read over anything after the money was deposited and if I decided that I did not want the loan I could call back and they would deduct the $2500 from my checking account.

Well that Monday night I was rushed to the hospital and was admitted for 5 days. After getting out I called Cash Call explaining my situation and that I couldn't call to stop the loan - I was willing to show them paperwork from the hospital proving that I was admitted. There answer was - 'Sorry there is nothing we can do for ya' and hung up the phone. They really do take advantage of people who are in need and have no guilt what-so-ever.

I actually closed my checking account so they couldn't take the payments out. I had to beg and plead with them to refinance the loan to get the payments down to $126 per month. On top of it all, they never sent me any type of invoice letting me know when the payments were due but yet they got right on the phone letting me know the payments were late.

I wish there was a law that wouldn't allow company's like this charge the interest rates they do. Maybe we should all get together and each file a lawsuit against them!

• Ho
      12th of Feb, 2008

Customer Testimonials

To Whom It May Concern,

My name is Amber-Lee G. and I have had all kinds of trouble getting a Financial Institution to believe in me enough to give me a loan. I am a married, working mother who really messed up her credit during those crazy teenage years. Then I get your flier in the mail, I call and talk to your wonderful representative Kyle and he has helped me take a million pounds of my shoulders. He was totally professional, but also caring and understanding, which is rare. I hope you treasure Kyle as an employee, because if he helps everyone, the way he helped me, you will have a very successful business!

Thanks again for everything…

Amber G.

I applied and was approved for one of your loans yesterday and I wanted to write and tell you about my experience. My loan agent, Mark M. was amazing! He handled everything very professionally and quickly. He was extremely patient, helpful and very courteous at ALL TIMES. There was NO STRESS or pressure what so ever. He walked us through the whole procedure and made sure we understood each step before moving on to the next one. I ended up having to call him back with a correction and he took care of it immediately. He was just a true joy and I just can't say enough. I hope you will give him the recognition he so deserves because it has been a very long time since I have had wonderful service like this! This was a totally stress free and wonderful experience! Thank you Mark!!

Yours Truly,

T Matthews Sr.

Just wanted to let you know that I truly appreciated your service and proffesionalism. You went above and beyond the courtesy which I expected. I am pretty sure that Cash Call lends primarily to people who can not obtain loans via mainstream financial institutions. Many times when employees realize that they are speaking with people with not many options, they do not feel the need (and fail to) offer courtesy, respect, attentiveness and be of good nature. You exhibited all of these qualities.

At my request, please forward this email to your manager and their supervisor. If you are not comfortable or if it is not in within your company policy, please provide me with their names.

Good service and good will deserves to be acknowledged and recognized.

Take care young man and thanks again.

Thanks

Paul T.

My name is Elizabeth Harper. I applied and was approved for a loan through your company. Thank you. My loan agent was Phil. I want to bring to your attention the quality of service I received from this gentleman. Personally I have never used your company and was honestly not sure how the process worked. From the beginning Phil was kind and courteous and made sure all of my questions were answered. He went over the process in great detail with me and made the process relaxed and pleasurable. Phil made my experience at cash call easy and worry free and that is exactly what I needed at that time being in the financial crunch I was in. I felt as though he treated me like we were old friends and really felt like he was on my side.

Thank you for the wonderful customer service I experienced at cash call and thank you to Phil. I hope he gets the recognition that he rightly deserves.

Elizabeth H.

To whom it may concern:

I recently called Cashcall as a last resort to help me get a foothold on life. Your rep Sean Cowell spoke with me via chat and walked me through everything that I needed. It was done so quickly and painlessly that my head was spinning by the end. I have never dealt with a company who was willing to give the little guy a chance without feeling like I was selling my first born. Sean was awesome and deserves a raise or a 3 week paid vacation. I am going to recommend CashCall to everyone I meet, even if they don't need a loan. Thanks Again!

Your newest fan!

Chris B.
    Salt Lake City, UT

I just wanted to drop you a quick email to tell you how very helpful Raul was in getting a loan. He made it effortless and very simple. He was very helpful and responded quickly to my email questions.

I am in the customer service business and I know how important it is to have informative, helpful, courteous people dealing with customers. I just wanted to pass along a "kudos" on Raul.

Thank you.

Janet L.

Dear CashCall:

Thank you for creating a way for little people like me to get a loan. The CashCall money has changed my life. I am grateful for the trust you have extended to me by the loan. I'm sure I speak for many others who have nowhere else to turn. So bless you, thank you and I won't disappoint your trust.

Patti R.
    Santa Monica, CA

Dear CashCall,

I’m writing this letter to tell you how much I appreciate your new services. I actually heard one of your commercials on Power 106 and thought how much I needed a loan to help me launch my own showcase radio network and continue producing radio programming.

I contacted you on a Monday and had the money in my account the day after I signed the paperwork. Thank you. I’ve told several people about your wonderful and speedy service and they too, I think, have gotten loans.

Listen, I’m not trying to make this sound all cheesy and corny but you guys are the bomb. You guys were life savers and I just want to say again and again… THANK YOU!

Michelle B.
    Los Angeles, CA

To CashCall:

I am just writing to let you know how very pleased I am about your service. Your employee Jose has been outstanding in helping me get my loan from CashCall. Keep up the good work.

Thanks,

William M.
    Thousand Oaks, CA

To CashCall:

This letter is to thank you for all the help we have received from you. We applied online, and three days later we had the money in our account. The service was great, Danny, who helped us from the start, was courteous, helpful and never pushy and this was something we really appreciated.

Today, we received a call from your customer service department to ask us if we have received our money and if everything was ok. We are happy with the service we received would do it again in a heartbeat!

We would recommend CashCall to anybody that needs a little help in a hurry.

Christopher and Maria P.
    Downey, CA

To CashCall:

I was at my wits’ end calling everyone to help me with a consolidation loan but no one would help. I was driving home one evening and the ad for CashCall came on the radio stating how CashCall could help people who had credit problems. I was a bit apprehensive because I have been taken advantage of in the past.

I submitted my application to CashCall and they were very understanding. They listened to all of my concerns and never pushed me into a decision, it was as if your employees knew exactly what it was like to be in my shoes! The very next day I got my money and was on my way to paying my bills.

All of the people at CashCall I have spoken to have been wonderful, accommodating, very pleasant, knowledgeable individuals. I can’t tell you how much this has helped me being a single mom. Now I can actually sleep at night knowing things have been taken care of. Thank you CashCall for not giving up on me!

Christine S.
    Monrovia, CA

CashCall:

You guys have been an answer to my prayers. Without CashCall, I would not have been able to fix my car and get back to work. I would recommend CashCall to anyone.

Sarah W.
    Newport Beach, CA

To CashCall:

I am very satisfied with the service I received from CashCall. The money arrived in my account right when you said it would. CashCall helped me get the car I wanted and I am very appreciative. There is absolutely nothing I would change about my experience with CashCall. The service was beautiful.

Jacqueline S.
    Gardena, CA

CashCall:

I called your company after some unexpected expenses came up. I was living paycheck to paycheck and I needed a loan, but I kept getting denied. Even my own bank turned me down!

I heard your ad on the radio and called in and talked to Jesse. I was approved immediately and the money was in the bank the next day. A few weeks later, I was able to repay the loan in full without a penalty.

Thanks to CashCall, a heavy burden was lifted from my shoulders!

Ascension N.
    Ventura, CA

Dear CashCall:

Thank you so much for all of the help you provided in getting me my loan. My loan agent, Amy, was very helpful and I got my money in one day just like she said! I would definitely recommend CashCall to my family and friends.

Claudia H.
    Oxnard, CA

Dear CashCall:

Thank you very, very much for all the help you have given. I just received a call from my credit union confirming that the money had arrived in my account just like you said. I appreciate all the help that the service department has given me.I thank you for making it as easy as possible.

Linda M.
    Norwalk, CA

Dear CashCall Representative,

I wanted to thank you so very much for all your help and assistance in obtaining my loan through CashCall.

I saw the commercial on television on July 5th. and had the money in the bank on the 7th. of July. Thank you so much for your wonderful people skills, your courteous way that you have with customers and the importance and urgency you seemed to give to what I was trying to accomplish.

I will definitely use CashCall again, as well as recommend you to my friends and family.

I was very lucky the day I called and you happen to answer the call!

Linda

To Whom It May Concern,

A few months ago, Claude and I found ourselves in a major financial situation where he needed to get our hands on some "cash" as soon as possible. Both he and I had heard the commercials about Cash Call and decided to call. When Claude applied, he was approved and our financial crisis was resolved.

Both Claude and I would like to personally thank Mr. Valenzuela for his professional, courteous and very friendly help. Whenever we had a question or concern, Mr. Valenzuela helped us in such a personal way that it felt as though Claude was his only customer. His quick response and helpful service made the whole procedure "a piece of cake". Thanks again Mr. Valenzuela. You were absolutely the very best to work with.

Claude and Chellette P.
    Los Angeles, CA

I see the commercials on the television daily, and always thought you had to have good credit to get loans that are in the thousands. Well I am living proof that you don't need good credit. I decided to apply by phone and was assigned a Loan Specialist named Nicole. Nicole walked me through the process and in less than 2 days I received my money. The Staff at Cash Call are professionals and they worked diligently to get my loan approved. Don't be fooled by the fact that you see a lot of California Testimonials. I live in Ohio, so it doesn’t make a difference where you live in the United States. So if you need cash in hurry get on board with Cash Call.

Thanks Cash Call and especially Nicole

K. Thomas
    Ohio

THIS TESTIMONIALS CANNOT BE REAL. TELL THESE PEOPLE TO SEND A LETTER KNOW. AND SEE HOW HAPPY THEY ARE NOW AND HOW CASH CALL IS REALLY HELPING THEM

I AM NOT A DEAD BEAT PERSON. MY CREDIT SCORE AND MY PAYMENTS TO ALL MY CREDIT CARDS AND CASH CALL LOAN WERE ALL IN GOOD STANDING. I LOST MY JOB AND IT ALL WENT DOWN HILL FROM THERE.

I HAVE BEEN READING AROUND ABOUT HOW CASH CALL HAS BEEN CRUEL TO USE UNFORTUNATE PEOPLE. BUT FOR THOSE OF U WHO CALL US DEAD BEATS AND TO GROW UP AND FIND OUR STORIES AMUSING. U NEED TO KNOW THE WHOLE STORY WHICH IS WAY TOO LONG. BEFORE U START TO POINT FINGERS AND CALL NAMES. BECAUSE U R JUST BEING BULLIES LIKE CASH CALL.

• Da
      8th of Apr, 2008

These people are BAD NEWS! I did get a loan and I tried to settle with them for a fair amount. I will just have to pay these loan sharks off. DON'T DEAL WITH THESE PEOPLE! You will pay forever with 96% interest loans. That means only 4% goes towards your loan when you pay. Out of $216 only 8.64 goes towards the loan. I WILL be paying these scam artit off soon.

• Ar
      21st of May, 2008

is cash call licensed to do business in your state? you should look into that because if not, then LEGALLY, you do NOT have to repay and you can take THEM to court.

• Cr
      28th of May, 2008

I also borrowed cash and was not disclossed the percentage rate on the loan. I paid the monthly pay for eight months and found out that i had not paid any thing toward the loan. I was furious. I got up enough money to pay off the loan . I recorded the converstaion with the associate. Then i told her after she screwed herself in thee conversation. They are truly loan sharks. I guess all that interest is to pay those broke celeberties and those commercials they play all day long.

• My
      4th of Jun, 2008

Cash call was good in the beginning and like some of these people I am now back in a finacial situation... and when you do call Cash call they really don't care... So all the people that things are going great for you right now good for you... But don't get behind because Cashcall will be your worse enemy...

14th of Jun, 2008

I to was scammed!!! I called on last month to find out how much more I owed on my loan and was told at that time that I still old 2100+ on my loan. I asked what the interest rate was as I was never told and it was at this point that I found out that it was 96%. I have been paying for the last 2 years even when I was unemployed and contacted them to see if I could get smaller payments they indicated that it was nothing that they could do and that maybe I needed to go and have a yard sell or something to come up with the money. How rude and inconsiderate of your customer, but I guess that it does not matter, because when people are in need you get dumped on.!!!

• Jj
      17th of Jun, 2008

Amount Paid to Borrower Directly: $2, 525.00

Prepaid Finance Charge/Origination Fee: $75.00

IF WE ALL GOT TOGETHER AND DID SOMETHING WE COULD MAKE IT STOP
    I have been paying cash call for 1 year 1 month on a loan of 2, 525.00 and will not be done paying it off until Oct 1, 2010 of a grand total of $9, 163.37
    ANNUAL PERCENTAGE RATE
    The cost of my credit as a yearly rate
    99.02 %
    FINANCE CHARGE
    The dollar amount the credit will cost me
    $6, 638.37
    PAYMENT SCHEDULE
    One payment of $285.88 on May 01, 2007.
    40 monthly payments of $216.55 beginning on June 01, 2007.
    One payment of $215.49 on October 01, 2010.

FOUND THIS ON THE WEB!!!
    I am currently employed at CashCall right now as a collector. Although, They are not a collection agency...the collections department is approx. 500 strong and growing. This is the most illegal collection department that i have ever worked for. I have met people who have worked for Shekinah and NCO who now work at CashCall, and they say we are 10 times more illegal. Everyday it is hilarious hearing not just one but all collectors telling 3rd party's or whoever answers the line that they are from the sheriff's, attorney's, legal department, fraud department, court house, and investigation department. They threaten suit, garnishments, actually anything they can think of. The crazy part about it is that all the management knows and they are ok with it. The motto there is "Do what you have to get the money". so whether you are 30-60-90 days late ...you will get these threats guaranteed. I don't consider these guys good collectors they are just total thugs. As a collector myself i never thought i would say this, but i feel bad for the debtor..96% interest. is that even legal.. If you are a customer with CashCall and you are late as little as 30 days...record the phone call, , , you will have an instant lawsuit. "

the company fails to provide copies of contracts or other disclosures concerning the terms and conditions of the loan agreements. Many customers complain that they are being charged userous interest rates in violation of the State law in which they reside. Other complainants report harrassment in the form of extreme or hardcore collection practices which they claim are unnecessasarily used. Customers report the company makes repeated calls to friends and co-workers used as references causing them embarrassment, distress, and jeopordizing their employment. Other complainants allege company representatives treat them like criminals, use threats and rude remarks concerning their families, and threaten them with physical contact if payments are not received.

The company responds to complaints by disputing the complainants allegations, claiming they act in accordance with all state and federal regulations. In some cases, they do issue credits. Allegations of abusive collection tactics are generally not addressed. "

REPORT THEM TO THE ATTORNEY GENERAL AND TO THE FTC

Written by Jack, on 17-05-2008 03:57

I work for them. I know they are worried about lawsuits. Our company has allowed the reps and associates to harrass the *** out of you people. Now that there's changes being made because of the lawsuits all of the reps are being watched very closely. Im not trying to justify anything. Blame Louis Ochoa for letting this all go down. Our CUSTOMERS never should have treated this way. They deserve better. He did nothing while reps were harrassing customers and threatning the customers with lawsuits. Finally Paul Reddam steps in because he dosent want to pay anymore lawsuits from the customers. It's to late Reddam. Your employees hate working there because of people like Ochoa who they cant trust. You work them like slaves and treat them like dirt. And now you wonder why the customers feel harrased? Put that carrot out there that we work so hard for and now you act like you care about the customer? Never. He only cares about MONEY. On behalf of the GOOD employees who actually care about our customer, I appologize for what you have to go through. Record everything. Keep track of multiple calls. Always remember, there talk is cheap. They lie about everything.

• Jj
      17th of Jun, 2008

The Sturdevant Law Firm is investigating consumer complaints against CashCall, Inc. for unconscionable loan terms and products, debt collection practices, and other unfair and/or fraudulent business practices.

If you believe you have been harmed by CashCall, Inc., you may fill out our consultation form. If you would like more information about this case, please contact Whitney Huston or Kathy Becker at (415) 477-2410. Thank you.

• Do
      29th of Aug, 2008

i recently was approved for a $500.00 loan, i signed the documents and was told that te funds would be in my account the next day, guess what I never heardfrom cash call again, never received the funds, so after reading other complaints i guess i was lucky about never hearing from them, buti am still getting a lawyer!!!

• Ki
      28th of Sep, 2008

They are the worse i have ever dealt with. I took out a loan was paying on time then took ill and four surgeries later fell behind on everything. cash call was horrible with the abusive phone calls..."it's your bill, you didn't have a problem taking the money or spending it..." no, i sure didn't and you were being paid on time untill my kidneys decided they did not want to work! They called my references non stop, three four times a day, they called my work all day even though they knew i wasn't there for four months, they would call my cell phone 13 times a day, even blocking their number, calling back to back to back. the hospital told me i had to keep the phone off at that point it got to the point that i had to change my number. needless to say when i got on my feet THAT is when they offered a settlement $3000 for the $5000. but keep in mind there was a year of good payments at their high interest rate which meant they didn't lose a penney. of course while setting up the settlement plan it had to be 6 payments at $547...that a car note! they dont work with you, instead they are nasty, verbally abusive thieves who take advantage of those in need and desperate and then talk down on you and make you feel like you are a criminal. oh, now that there is a settlement in place, they call to remind me when my payment is due. i don't need you to call me to let me know when a payment is due...call me when it's late, the harassment just continues...had to change my number again!!! they just down right suck!!! don't do it, don't sign your peace of mind away !

• Ro
      23rd of Mar, 2009

I to received a loan from them as well. I received my loan in 2006, and now in 2009 with the high interest rates, I still owe pretty much of what I actually borrowed, I have been out of work sick for the last three months, and other than that they have always received their payment every month on time. I agreed to pay them by money gram. I didn't want them to debit anything out of my account at all. Anyway, they will call you, and call you all day. I had six to ten messages a day just about. I finally received a call from a Ms. Bonner she seemed very nice I explained my situation to her, she said call her back and see if I can make some kind of agreement with getting back on track, but I want to make a settlement with them, have it in writing, and move on. There seriously a pain in the a--, I want to talk to them about a settlement, It was only a 2, 600 loan, and as I said its still 2, 600. Go figure. I hate this company and would never recommend it to any one ever.

• De
      7th of May, 2009

I too borrowed money from CashCall because I desparately needed it to save my home in December 2006. I borrowed $2525. Like everyone else, I don't really recall them telling me the interest rate or length of time to pay. I did not have a computer at the time and had to go to Kinkos with my granddaughter to help me. Trying to get it done quickly so as not to pay more for the use of the computer, I did not have time to review the agreement before authorizing it. My payments are $216.55 a month. I thought I was making my final payment last December, but when I called to check, boy was I surprised. I found out rather quickly I still had until May 2010 to pay for a total payoff of $9100.97. Is this not rediculous?! These payments have been automatically coming out of my checking account the first of each month. Can I legally call my bank and have them stopped? What will CashCall do if I do this, sue me? I just was told yesterday that due to the automotive crunch, my work week is being dropped to 32-40 hrs a week when I have been getting from 48-65 hrs a week. I was barely able to meet all my bills even when I was making the good money. Has anyone filed a class action suit against them? Let me know. Thanks

• Ex
      13th of Oct, 2009

YESYES KEEP COPY OF EVERYTHING THIS COMPANY WILL RIP YOU OFF LOOK AT THE OWNERS OTHER COMPANY ALL HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM BEFORE THE FED. CAME IN SO RECORD ALL CALL THELL THEM TO STOP THE CALLS IN WRITING AND SEND IT CERT MAIL WITH A COPY TO YOUR BANK AND STOP THE AUTO WITH DRAW WHEN THE ACCT BECOMES 121 DAYS CASH WOULD SETTLE THE ACCT FOR THE AMT YOU PAYED LETS SAY YOU HAVE A LOAN FOR 2600.00 AND YOU HAVE PAYED 2400.00 IN7-OR 8 MONTS AND SAY YOU CANT PAY ANY MORE THEY WL SETTLE THE ACCT FOR THE 2600.00 YOUR BAL IS ONLY 200.00 MOST PEOPLE HAVE PAYED FAR MORE THAT THAN THERE BAL AND IN 3 YEARS ON A LOAN OF 2600.00 YOU WILL PAY OVER 10, 000.00 DO THE MATH OR BETTER YET TAKE A DRIVE DOWN TO ANAHEIM CAL. NEXT TO THE STATAUM THE THE A BUT THE OTHER SIDE OF THE 57 IF YOUR SOUTHBOUND ON THE 57 FREEWAY AND TO THE RIGHT IF YOUR NORTH BOUND SOUTH OF THE 91 FREEWAY AND DOUGLAS STREET LOOK IN THE PARKING LOT AND SEE WHAT KINDA CARS THAT THE MANGEMENT IS DRIVING THERE IS YOUR MONEY RIGHT THERE MOST OF THEM HAVE GPAID CASH FOR THEM AND THE MANGER THAT WAS IN A BACK END DEPT(LEGAL) BUYS HOUSES YES HOUSESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS IN ORANGE COUNT. NO SMALL PRICE AND THEY RENT THEM OUT HAS IS ALL OF THAT HAPPENING WITH YOUR MONEY OPEN YOUR EYES AND SMELL THE COFFEE YOUR ARE BEING RIPED OFF I WILL BE WRITING A BOOK WITH NAMES THERE JOB TITLE AND WHOS WHOS WHO WHAT TO DO!!!

• Ba
      8th of Jun, 2010

I've been paying for a long time. I thought I should be done. I'm not6 working anymore and I'm on unemployment.
    I think I've done enough. I think I should stop paying.
    Barb Bearrows
    bearrows3@comcast.net

• Ju
      3rd of Sep, 2010

This just made my day!I just got a summoned to go to court today.These people are sueing me.And what i think is funny is that the numbers the girl mentioned above you know the interest rate, the loan amount, just all those numbers matched mine almost exactly.her numbers and mine were off by no more than $20.And i was so worried.thank you everyone.

• Mi
      11th of Oct, 2010

Hi, my name is, just let' call me very up set .
    The way this encounter occured with CASH CALL, for me was I was at home watching television when a commercial
    came on telling how if you neede some QUICK CASH just call CASH CALL, if The company had enough time to ask
    people to call for that Quick CASH, then they should have stated During the commercial the HIGH INTREST, behjnd
    the lone and for that reson I think that the ATTORNEY GENERAL, Must look in to thier practice and how they conduct
    BUSINESS.

NO, ONE, I MEAN NO, ONE SHOULD PUT UP WITH THIS KIND OF BUSINESS PRACTICE.

I WILL STAND WITH ANY ONE That would like to take on thees (BIG TIME UNDER MINED, GANSTER)

LET'S TAKE A STAND AGANST CASH CALL, I WILL DO ALL I CAN IF YOU WILL