CashCall / www.CashCall.com / Harassment and outrageous interest rates!

The outrageous practices of CASH CALL include harassment, threats, high interest rates... please start the ball rolling on an investigation towards a CLASS ACTION. It's causing me anxiety, stress and illness... this business and OWNER PAUL REDDAM must be stopped. Paul Reddam has violated these laws before, been sued and lost before with DI TECH and his other lending companies. They are legalized loan sharks preying on the less fortunate during low points of financial chaos. They act like they are offering you help from debt and they put you in deeper debt charging nearly 100% interest rates.

We all know we took out loans, but they are ruining our lives with harassment and outrageous interest rates, please fight for our rates to at least be lowered to a decent standard for everyone and/ or shut this awful company down for poor business practices and unlawful tactics!!

They call work when letters are written to stop calling places of employment, they harass family members who personally ask them to stop contacting them. I have started filing these documents and calls are logged with entries to begin the process of stopping these bonus driven employees that treat you with disrespect and are motivated by greed and competition. Dateline NBC should begin the investigation and expose them too!

It's causing me anxiety, stress and illness... this business and OWNER PAUL REDDAM must be stopped. Paul Reddam has violated these laws before, been sued and lost before with DI TECH and his other lending companies. They are legalized loan sharks preying on the less fortunate in financial chaos. They act like they are offering you help from debt and they put you in deeper debt charging nearly 100% interest rates.

Contact these plaintiffs for inside horror stories! Contact this Law FIRM for help and share your stories.

James Galbert et al v. Cashcall Inc et al
Plaintiffs: James Galbert, Richard Harris and Mark Kardos
Defendants: Cashcall Inc, Paul Reddam and Does 1 through 10

Case Number: 8:2007cv00831
Filed: July 19, 2007
_______________________
Cashcall

LR&O is investigating the practices of Cashcall, an internet lender. Cashcall charges high interest rates and requires internet-only loan transactions. We are interested in finding out more about Cashcall's practices.

Va

Comments

• Na
      27th of Aug, 2007

I received a $5,000 high risk, high interest loan from cash call in March 2007 with every intention of paying them back. After making three payments of $254 each, I lost two jobs. I called Cash Call and explained my crisis and was told that they would defer two payments as long as I made one more payment. I made the payment and trusted they would defer the two payments like they said they would. The next month they tried to take another payment out of my checking account. I called them and reminded them that the payment was supposed to be deferred, and they told me that the payment WASN'T deferred, but if I made ONE MORE PAYMENT, they would defer the next two. After my rent, utilities, etc., I do not have enough money left over to make a $254 payment. Two days after they couldn't get the money from my account, the harassing phone calls started from someone called Willett Antee. She called my employer 5 times a day, even after my employer told her I couldn't receive personal calls. She faxed my employer a wage assessment thing to garnish my wages, and when my employer didn't respond, she called him on the phone and told him he HAD to give her wage information about me because they were going to garnish my wages. I received several calls and e-mails from her telling me they were going to seize my assets and garnish my wages. I sent her a fax telling her I was in the process of filing bankruptcy and not to call me at work anymore. I talked to Willett Antee's ASSISTANT and asked her if she was aware of the FAIR DEBT COLLECTIONS PRACTICES and she said "yeah, yeah, yeah---" Yesterday I received a letter, now telling me that they hadn't received ANY payments from me, which tells them that I have no intention of paying them anything. I wrote back and told her that was PURE HARASSMENT because I have credit union statements that prove they took out at least three payments. Today I received a letter saying that they are starting the arbitration procedures if I don't pay them in 10 days.

I am not denying that I owe them money. I just DO NOT HAVE ENOUGH MONEY TO PAY THEM or any of my other creditors. I am filing bankruptcy tomorrow. I feel I have no other choice. I have asked Cash Call if I could make lower payments, but they haven't responded. I am definitely going to file a complaint with the BBB about their tactics. I have been documenting all their phone calls, etc.

28th of Aug, 2007

I agree Cash Call is a terrible company to deal with. I have also been harassed by this company I have sent them two letters telling them I am not allowed to receive personal phone calls at work and it does not work, they do not seem to care. I stopped paying them due to there lies and harassments. I documented every time they call and threaten to garnish my wages I just laugh at them because they think they can intimidate me. I know better than that they need a court order in order to do so, they can not be threatening people with actions they have no intention of taking. I just urge all consumers to beware of this company. I saw there site and only people in California can request loans from them at this time. I hope that they will go under just as they deserve for all there illegal practices. Karma really happens!!!

• Je
      6th of Sep, 2007

I, too, am being harassed by Cash Call, Inc. After making two on-time monthly payments, Cash Call, Inc. took another three payments out of my account in the same month, leaving me with the bank fees and overdraft charges as well as unable to pay my other bills. So I stopped their access to my account and have agreed to pay them using a debt consolidation plan. They will not accept this plan, and basically, will not accept any type of payment plan that does not allow them direct access to your personal bank account. That is THEFT!!! They have stolen from me and are now harassing me and threatening me with wage garnishments and lawsuits. No, the phone calls at work have not stopped despite knowing the law on harassing consumers at work. This company is a joke. They practice fraudulently and they steal from their customers. Yes, I'm complaining. The company and its owner need to be put out of business permanently.

• Je
      6th of Sep, 2007

I borrowed 2500.00 dollars from this bunch of crooks for two months. I refinanced my house and paid them 2591.00, and they still try to make me pay a monthly payment. But I have all receipts, not only from my mortgage company, but also from the U.S. Postal Service where I sent It next day Air.

Jerry Lindner.

11th of Sep, 2007

I would like to be a part of this class action law suit as well!
    Please contact me!

11th of Sep, 2007

I would like to be contacted about a possible class action law suit as well. Please respond!

• Na
      13th of Sep, 2007

I've been getting threatening phone calls from cash call also. If there is a lawsuit, I want to be involved.

7th of Oct, 2007

Sign me up. 100% interest? Someone is very rich and they are deceitful in their practices. We are paid off but it was a huge price.

Screw these companies who prey on people. Don't believe Wall Street's Gordon Gecko, "Greed is Good." Mr. Paul will meet his maker and his maker has horns and a pitchfork.

Any attornies out there willing to represent hard working people?

7th of Oct, 2007

A footnote: calling your relatives is a violation of the FCRA. And, we still have not received written confirmation of our paid off loan.

I'd like to speak with the attorney regarding this matter.

• Er
      11th of Oct, 2007

What are you possibly going to sue for "I borrowed money, I cant pay it back and I'm mad because I get phone calls" and NO I don't work for them, people read the small print when you signed and got the $ what did you think was going to happen when you stopped making payments and you know what I bet all you people have bad credit and thats why you borrow from places like cash call and get high interest rates. No one to blame but yourselfs!

• El
      12th of Oct, 2007

In response to Eric Lopez comment:

Whether people borrowed money from them and still have to pay them, their way of business is horrible. That's not how your suppose to do people. Is calling them 20 times a day even after you spoke to someone that you have no money is ok? They prey on people who are financially struggling. They were the ones who tartness their own name. They even harass people who already paid their loans. The business is all screwed up. It's running unethically and wrong. It doesn't matter what you say. I don't care if your a former employee vouching for them because you don't want to lose your job. It's the people and if the people come together and all share horrible experiences with this company, we need to shut them down.

• Mj
      15th of Oct, 2007

CashCall needs to be shut down and the predators they have trained to work for them not to find out how it is on the other side.

• Ki
      30th of Oct, 2007

I, too, have been harassed by CashCall!! I just got off the phone with them today... crying!! The loan is in my husbands name... three time we have faxed a written permission for them to discuss the account with me. He's always at work and that way I can make arrangements. We have only missed this months payment... took the loan out in Feb. 2007, made every payment till this month, October. I have been dealing with thyroid cancer and told them that we have been in financial hardship. Rent, utilities, etc...have a 6 yr. old son who needed care while I was getting treatments. Husband missed work do help me out. They demanded payment right now... would not give me till the 1st to send it. couldn't give 2 more days??? They are constantly debiting the account this month... 7 times. But the money isn't there; so bank charges of $35 each time. And they wonder why I can't make the payment?? They had called my husband at work..after being told he can't get personal calls (he got wrote up today due to it, by the way). I tried to talk to them when they would call (10 times a day from 7:00 am - 7:00 pm) this month... but they said they didn't have permission to discuss it with me and wouldn't let me make arrangements. Now today, they say 24 hours or dire actions will be taken. When I asked what those were I was told her supervisor would inform me when that happened. What??? The gal also called me a liar...said I was hiding this missed payment and all from my husband. She said she knew this cause he said to her (when she called his work today) "Talk to my wife... she handles the bills." That told her I didn't tell him??? That means he is at work and can't discuss this right now. She said he knows about it now cause SHE told him not me. She said it didn't matter if we had payed on time before, this was this payment. And that we would be sorry if we didn't pay it. She and her supervisor, whom I spoke with also today, said that there are no options...payment had to made by 5 pm pacific time 10/31. No accept. And cause he didn't miss any work THIS month due to my illness, it didn't matter. Like having previous months of hardship and playing catchup doesn't affect you for a while... heartless people. I'm not refusing to pay... I know we are late. I know the reasons. I explained them... begged for one more day. Was told NO! She said it would affect his credit. I told her I know... that we were aware of it, but under the circumstances, we would have to deal with that. She said I didn't care cause it's not my credit. UM, yeah, my husband's credit does affect me. I could go on and on... just felt the need to vent. Hung up the phone (after she said she would call bright and early tomorrow to see if I found someone to borrow from) to find out who I got the money from (what?) and make sure I follow through with the arrangements. If I don't we might as well realize that they will TAKE the money. Hung up crying, stressed, etc. If there is an attorney who wants to contact me, please do!! I would like to be a part of a class action suit.

2nd of Nov, 2007

I have too been harassed by this company. I took a loan in April 2007. I normally make my payments on the 15th of each month and have been on time. This past Monday October 15th, I fall back 5 days on my payment. I got a call from them on Thursday October 18th. I told them the reason I didn't make the payment was because I didn't get paid until that Friday October 19th. I mentioned that I would Money Gram payment on Saturday and that I would call them with a reference number. They agreed! The next day I got a call from them. I told Rep that I had already made arrangements. She still demanded an answer so as a courtesy I told her again my situation. Little did I know with what kind of people I was dealing with? Well later day I got another phone call from a Lola, harassing me. I told her that had already made arrangements and to look at their notes. She said that she was the one I had made the arrangements with the first time. She said that I told her my payment would be in that same day. I got so upset to the point that I told her off and called her a LIAR! I said "read your motes and stop harassing me"!! She then said "If you would make your payments on time that I wouldn't be getting harassed. I hung up on her. After hanging up, Lola called again like 5 times. I answered, but then hung up every time she would call. I must have gotten a total of 30 calls from Thursday through Saturday. I eventually made the payment.

Never again will I deal with this company and what's worse I referred my friend to them. She has to been harassed at work and at home. If I knew what I know now, I would have never referred them to her or taken that loan from them!
    I will continue to make my payments and payoff in the next two months, just so it doesn't affect my credit.

I do too want to me part of this lawsuit. Feel free to contact me my email. I want these people to pay for that they are doing!

• Se
      4th of Nov, 2007

I agree that this company has to has to be stopped it's illegal practices. I have been harassed by them at my job at work. They even sent a bill to my place of employment for a garnishment without a court order. They have called my human resources director and discussed my outstanding debt and they also constantly call me at home, cell phone jod and my human resources department. I refuse to talk to themand deal with them. I wouldlike to get in on a class action suit against them as well. The ironic thing is that I paid my bill on time and when I fell behind I asked for a two month deferrment upon their recomendation and then they denied me.

• Do
      5th of Nov, 2007

A FRIEND TOLD ME ABOUT CASHCALL, BECAUSE I NEEDED
    AN EMERGENCY LOAN, DID'NT KNOW A LOT ABOUT IT , BUT
    I TRUSTED MY FRIEND. I TOOK OUT A LOAN FOR 2500.00
    DOLLARS IN JANUARY , THAT WAS MY FIRST PAYMENT. I HAVE NOT RECEIVED AN INVOICE OR ANY KIND OF STATEMENT FROM THEM. IT'S GETTING A LITTLE SCARY.
    BECAUSE I DON'T KNOW WHAT'S GOING ON WITH MY LOAN.
    IT'S BEEN TEN MONTHS, I HAVE A PHONE NUMBER THAT I WAS ABLE TO GET IN CONTACT WITH A GUY NAME DAVE, BUT I CALLED RECENTLY AND THE NUMBER WAS DISCONNECTED, NOW I HAVE NO WAY OF TALKING TO ANYONE. I GET A LITTLE OVER TWO HUMDRED DOLLARS TAKEN OUT OF MY ACCOUNT EVERY MONTH. WHEN THE PHONE NUMBER WAS CONNECTED I DID GET A CHANCE TO TALK TO DAVE MONTHS AGO AND HE TOLD ME IF I DID'NT PAY OFF THE LOAN AT ANY CERTAIN TIME THAT I WOULD BE PAYING THEM BACK 9000.00 DOLLARS. THAT DON'T EVEN SOUND RIGHT. NOT FOR A 2500.00 DOLLAR LOAN. I WROTE THEM A LETTER AND HAVE NOT GOT A RESPONSE. I THINK I'M GOING TO GO TO THE BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU.

• Th
      9th of Nov, 2007

I called today to pay off my loan and they guy basically said he doesn't trust me and won't accept my check. He told me to use Money Gram, but that cost over a few hundred dollars to transfer $5055 which is what I owe them. I took the loan out in May and want to pay this off, but they won't let me.

Please contact me about the class action law suit. I want to make sure they can't do this to anybody else.

• Da
      12th of Nov, 2007

I would also like to join any suit against cash call. They are rude and will not negotiate a lower rate.

13th of Nov, 2007

I used to work for cash call selling loans, and I currently have a loan for 5k at 59% apr. They laid me off in 08/07 after their banks cut funding due to the credit crisis affecting the economy. They have been harassing me and my relatives clearly violating many FDCPA laws. I have saved voice messages of unlawful threats of illegal and unintended actions. I have phone records of them calling me 15+ times after I hung up on them which is clearly harassment. They have been illegally informing 3rd parties of my debt. I can expose them from the inside out. PLEASE CONTACT ME FOR CLASS ACTION.

• He
      17th of Nov, 2007

Please e-mail me I too have been harassed by this company! What can I do? I filed a complaint with the bbb and the ftc. Thank you!