CashCall / Scam and cheating

1 United States

I'm being sued by Cashcall, has this happened to anyone?? If so can you please give me some advice on what's going to happen in court. I borrowed 2500 from then but paid it all back. After I paid it back I had some problems with my bank account and closed it down. I never gave them my new bank information. So a year later I get served with papers at my job and they want to take me to court in January for the 99% interest that I owe them which is $2, 000. I paid 280.00 for 12 months so I think that's well over $2500 that I borrowed. I also sent a certified letter to them asking for my contract and terms or take it off my credit. I never received a response letter and the mark was also removed off my credit. And I never knew that my interest rates were 99%. I would think the judge would agree that that's a little outrageous, but its the law so you never know. Also they said that in my contract i signed it stated that the interest rate was 99% and i would end up having to pay back 5500, but trust me I never knew that or i wouldn't have signed that stupid contract. I also asked the man that helped me with this loan and he also didn't inform me of the high as hell interest rate. Should I just settle with them or go to court. I really don't want or need a judgment on my credit. Please help!!! If you've been in this situation or have problems with Cashcall any advice would help.