Cash Grant Institute / Faulty grants??

1 Pell City, AL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 205-473-4844

I have a SAVED message on my voicemail from a [protected] phone number. The lady sounds like she is automated. I read that this was a scam and thought I needed to report it. It also told me to visit www.requestagrant.com and to call their "Capital Hill office for more details." Do I need to forward this voicemail to anyone brfore it disappears off my phone? Thank you for your time.

Comments

• Au
      30th of Sep, 2008

I received a phone call (202-683-1433) from this so called Cash Grant Institute from Washington DC, and it was an automated call telling me that we could apply for a Free Cash Grant and receive money monthly and in just one Week ! It said to give your name, phone number and email address and they would send more info on it, if you'd like so I gave it, and the mail was automatically sent to my SPAM folder and nothing was on the email page and my email address on the page was wrong but it still ended up in my box, that I thought was wierd to start with. If their was a page to fill out, I was already NOT going to fill in anything that required my SS# or anything too personal, simply because I didnt know squat about this OUT OF THE BLUE PHONE CALL. Anyhow on the phone they gave me their website: Requestagrant.com but before I even typed that in, I went to the Better Business Burea page to check them out and NOTHING came up on them. So baffled as I was but still believing that things like this JUST DONT HAPPEN, I went and goggled in their address Requestagrant.com and right away the address bar came up with the address but alongside of it it said SPAM and then another area that said, complaints board so I right away clicked on that and found ALL THESE COMPLAINTS, as to where this same exact thing has happened to alot of people evidentally. I too am registered on the DO NOT CALL LIST and will check into why I got this phone call ! I thought it was against the law to call people and solisitate (sp?) them if their on THE DO NOT CALL LIST. I will definately check into this. Thank you all for being honest and posting what had happened to you also with this. Boy, with the country and economy in the shape its in, people losing their jobs and housing, NO ONE DESERVES to be annoyed by arragant and ignorant people like this, trying to scam people and make a fast buck. I'm sending a complaint to the Better Business Burea to notify them of these scam artists and a letter to my local news station...to GET THE WORD OUT. Good Luck Everyone and keep your eyes open, with the way things are going today, you don't know what these wierd people will do to scam others when their not on their toes and we all have our minds on so much. (Nothing comes Easy and Nothing is Ever Free. ) Thanks again everyone for posting YOUR stories. < God Bless >

• Co
      6th of Oct, 2008

Well, I'm gladd I checked it out. I got a phone call in Minnesota at 4:16 pm CDT Monday, 10/6/08. I looked at the website and became skeptical of the list of supporters: an anonymous group of weathly individuals or the AWI. I could just see a bunch of clowns sitting around a room laughing their butts off every time someone clicked on their sites. Then I saw the above posting by Autumn and am reassured that it's a scam. Cripes, I write grant proposals for a living --- it's never this easy!

• Ho
      19th of Oct, 2008

unsolicited phone call received- I am on the do not call list. Sounds like a scam!

• Dm
      20th of Oct, 2008

My dad just call me with this information as well. I check with someone in office to see if they ever heard of the company, she thought had but was not sure. I pulled up the information also finding a complaints about this supposed to be company.

Also, be careful someone is running a sweepstake scam as well.

• Je
      8th of Nov, 2008

I just got a message on my telephone answering machine from this outfit and they assured me that I could be eligible for all kinds of money and all I had to give them was my e-mail number and dial up their number on the Internet. I'm not sure a where the hook th is but I'm sure it's there someplace.

If this is a fraud, I hope the FBI gets on top of it and puts these guys out of business.

13th of Nov, 2008

I got an automated call from Request.com saying I quailfy for a loan up to 25, ooo, every month, The call told me to go online and fill out all the paperwork, then they would email me all the info I needed to get my grant within 24 hours, well I did and it's been seven days and no call or email has come through.

We need a grant for a cooler and trailer we feed 170 people a month in Greenup, Ky, so we need this for the hungry people. My husband is the pastor of the church.
    We got scamed one before, give us your credit card numer and bill us 2.95 and a cd would come in the mail, we did not authorize anyone to charge the credit a fee of 49.95 a month, well this surley is not free.

Ann

• Sh
      17th of Nov, 2008

I don't know how people can scam someone and get their hopes up, but these people did it to my mother.She is a 72 yr. old widow and has a handicapp daughter age 42 who has scolios of the spine.She does not get very much money a month and doesn't get any help from food stamps, so when she got this call she was so excited. She called me and I said mom let me go on line and check this out.Well I did, wouldn't you know it a SCAM.She got the call Mon. 11-10-2008.She got the same info every one else got.I don't know why the goverment can't shut them down.So many people needs help real bad and when you are desperate you will try anything.Thank God she called me because if she hadn't they would of got her info on her checking account and destroyed her.I want to thank who ever put this site up, hopefully people will go and check it out first and stop them from getting hurt!!!

• Ga
      29th of Nov, 2008

Mission of NETWIDE PLUS Organization:

 Our Mission defines what we do to achieve Purpose

We choose among the many opportunities that will present:
    support all types of durable development programs in Africa by soliciting funds from major financial institutions (GGF), foundations for aids and other forms of private funding such as grant aids
    participate in external grants and project through its Development division
    create brands products through its Development division
     (students, faculty and others professionals), in research in all disciplines
    Create a forum where African students, faculty and others throughout the world can meet on the same level playing field to share their research experiences and be rewarded
    for mentored research and other types of research
    Relieve poverty, sickness and distress among African people and other, African communities and ethnic minorities elsewhere.
    Promote the Welfare and Education into the African community To improve their life conditions and expand such actions to any other African people regardless of their origin or religion
    *******************
     1. Critical needs of state institutions
     2. Support programs for national development
     3. Social welfare projects and present to aid foundations and to major financial institutions
     4. Mobilise self finance through the channel of external partners affiliated to major financial institutions
     5. Provide expertise by internal and external partners in all competent areas as determined by the African Competence Cooperation association

 We personally, think it makes sense to have that as a very important factor, though we favor increasing the focus on some other factors than is the current normal practice. Most importantly, we need to increase the importance of the purpose of providing Non profit Association of professional and knowledgeable staff, provide the right resources in order to help: People in needs - Countries - Organizations - Governments – None profit Structure, provide good jobs for employees. Some other important values will only surface - when different perspectives and voices are heard. Values like authenticity and vulnerability may be placed on the table for consideration.
    We join you not only to make a great living, but to accomplish something more – something meaningful.

Involve people throughout the NETWIDE PLUS Organization to develop the essence of the Welfare
    Create a clear, worthwhile purpose for people
    We hope we can move to the conventional cooperation.

---“Please check our attachment file”----

NETWIDE Plus Name of organisation: Netwide Plus
    Bank of NETWIDE Plus:
    Nationwide 329 Green Street, Upton Park London E13 9AB

• El
      4th of Feb, 2009

PLEASE DO NOT FALL FOR THIS SCAM. ACCORDING TO GRANTSN USA.GOV THECASHGRANTINSTITUE IN WASHINGTON DC. IS A SCAM. THERE IS NO SUCH PLACE. WHEN YOU RECEIVE THE EMAILS FROM THEM THEY SEND YOU TO A LINK. EITHER GRANTSFORYOUNOW.BY LISA FITZGERALD OR THE GRANT RESOURCE GUIDE .COM. THE SAY YOU NEED TO PAY ONLY 1.99 TO 3.95. FOR THEM TO SEND YOU THE CD OR DOWNLOAD THE INFO.(GRANTS FOR YOU). WHAT THEY DO NOT TELL YOU IS IF YOU DO NOT PAY THE MEMBERSHIP FEE ANYWHERE BETWEEN 29.95AND 70.00. YOU CAN NOT USE THE CD. THE CD. WHEN YOU CAN FIGURE OUT WHATTO DO. SAY TO REGISTER AT GRANTS .GOV. WHO TELLS YOU THERE IS NO SUCH PLACE AS THE CASH GRANTINSTITUE, THANK GOD I NEVER GOT ANY FURTHER THEN THAT. IF THE CASH GRANT INSTITUE IS REAL WHAT HOURS DO THEY WORK. TO I CALL AND LEFT OVER15 MESSAGES NEVER HEARD I WORD. PLEASE WE NEED TO STOP THESE PEOPLE/ THERE ARE SO MANY PEOPLE OUT THERE LOOKING FOR HELP. THIS HAS TO STOP. BEFORE YOU DO ANY THING WITH THE CASHGRANTINSTITUE, GRANTSFORYOU.COM BY LIZAFITZGERALD.GRANTRESOURCEGUIDE.COM. GRANTFUNDING SEARCH. CHECK THEM OUT.

• Kr
      16th of Feb, 2009

I too got a call in Massachusetts on 2/16/09 on my cell phone. I usually delete any messages like this but were they called my cell phone I decided to research it more. Well no I know and some one has to shut this down. How the heck did they get my cell phone number, and how come this has been going on for so long. Looking at the dates every one else has posted I can't imagine how many people have fallen for this.

• Ed
      17th of Feb, 2009

Thank you!!! I logged on. I do remember it saying NOT to report as spam but to just click on unsubscribe. Hmmm, now I know why. Thank you!!! I am now going to report as spam. If everyone else does, also, maybe it will be recognized as a scam.

• Me
      24th of Feb, 2009

I called them back and left a message telling them to remove my number. I did not get a call for a few days and now it is starting back up again. I get calls on the weekends, early morning hours and even late evening hours. My number is listed on the do not call registry too. I did submit a complaint to the DON NOT CALL Registry. Hope it helps stop the scam.

• Gr
      23rd of Mar, 2009

Agree! got same call, same results afterwards... let's stop scam... complain!

also noted that their website is registered in New Delhi - India, DONT CALL LIST don't apply to them...

• Be
      4th of Dec, 2009

I also was called by this grant resource guide and told that for $1.95 I would have a 7 day trial free access to this gov't grant site. I am 46 and finally going back to school but need money for this and living expenses which after explaining this to them they prayed upon. They then cont. to talk(very fast) and said something about some discount mag. company that would be calling with no obligation on my part to purchase. I reassured them i would not be buying ANYTHING because i needed money for school and not magazines. My pin number was to be e-mailed to me within 24 hours. 2 days go buy and i call the CUSTOMER SERVICE (what a joke) number and after i explained to the woman on the other end i wanted my full 7 days and the e-mail had not showed up, she became very very rude. I asked to speak to a manager and she said that they don't take phone calls. I then, after much more explanation why, I ask for the number to the CEO and her response, and I quote " If the managers don't take phone calls what makes you think the CEO will?" Then she gave the phone to someone who simply said "Hello" I then asked who i was speaking with and she said, "a manager, isn't that who you wanted" the conversation did not get any better, in short i had to cancel my debit card in fear of them having access to MY hard earned money. DON'T TRUST THESE PEOPLE The name give first was Ricky Martinez and the support number 888-276-8105