Cash for Gold / Lost Item

1 601 Bowers CourtSt Augustine, FL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 410-206-3091

I sent a 24K gold bracelet to Cash For Gold. I did not send the necklace because I wanted to see how the process worked. I recd an email on Jan.10th saying that my item was recd. Today, Feb 7th, I called to inquire about my item. They said they sent me a letter on Jan. 9th stating my item wasn't worth anything. I did NOT receive this letter. They said my item had already been "melted down" yet at the same time they said there was no Gold in it! I was LIVID! They went on to tell me that they doubted very much that my item was 24K, because that's like 100% gold. They offered to send me $20.00!

Te

More Cash for Gold Complaints & Reviews

Comments

7th of Feb, 2009

For what it's worth, it's very unlikely your bracelet was 24 karat gold as gold that pure is too soft to be used as jewelry. More likely it's in the 14 karat range, if it's gold at all.

Personally I would never trust jewelry appraisal by mail. Come-ons like these take advantage of the general public's lack of knowledge regarding other, potentially cheaper/more lucrative alternatives. For what it's worth.