Cash 4 Gold

Cash 4 Gold
203 Wright Street, 4108
Lakewood, Colorado
Phone: 303-914-0982
What a rip off! I sent them 2 rings and I already have a written appraisal from the jewelers where the items were purchased, which I might add...has been in business almost 35 years and is well respected. They wrote me back and said the rings were 12 K gold, not 14K, which is not true and that they were not sapphire and diamonds! Then you can talk to the idiots in customer service...who have no idea where they even work or what they do!

Good luck...what a bunch of nuts!
Complaint comments Comments (170) Complaint country United States Complaint category Jewelry & Watches

Comments

N  7th of Aug, 2008 by    0 Votes

Good luck...what a bunch of nuts!
A  16th of Aug, 2008 by    0 Votes
I sent in a bag full of silver and gold and 2 diamonds and they sent me a check for $25.95... WTF!!! Needless to say, I called them and asked for my jewelry back, which I will be getting as soon as I send them their check back... Like 25.95 really makes a difference to them. I can't imagine how much money they are making off of these poor people who are sending in their jewelry hoping to get some money back to help them out... SHAME ON THESE COMPANIES! I sent mine in hoping to get plenty of extra money because I am a stay at home mom and my husband works at a grocery store. I was really counting on that money to help us out... What a waste of time and faith. Thanks a lot Cash 4 Gold. You should change your name to S*it 4 Gold.
A  17th of Aug, 2008 by    0 Votes
Cash4gold is yeah - a total rip off! Don't believe them - you can do better at a garage sale. I sent them a bag full of stuff including two chains that were 14K that were purchased for about $300 a few years ago (when gold was much cheaper) and I got about 3 dollars for them. I'm returning their check and getting much stuff back.
N  22nd of Aug, 2008 by    +1 Votes
i sent gold and silver to cash fir gold and haven't heard from them would like to know something before i report them
A  22nd of Aug, 2008 by    0 Votes
You bunch of ###s. How could you think this thing is legit? Would you be interested in a bridge in Brooklyn?

Like P.T. Barnum said "You can't cheat an honest man".
N  22nd of Aug, 2008 by    0 Votes
The first poster is the world's biggest idiot and a drama queen. If you already had a WRITTEN appraisal from a local jeweler with 35-years in business why in hell will you sent your gold jewelry to some unknown business that advertise in the late night hours??? I tell you why. GREED! you thought they were gonna give you more than what the local appraissal. Well serves you right!
N  25th of Sep, 2008 by    0 Votes
Anyone stupid enough to mail valuables to anyone deserves to lose them.
A  6th of Oct, 2008 by    0 Votes
I would like to say that I submitted my return kit for Cash4gold and was horribly disappointed. The process was by no means quick. It took 15 days before my money was ever posted to my account. I never received any sort of notification that my package was received, or an estimate as to the value of my belongings. I mailed nearly $800.00 worth of gold and silver and got $19.00 back. I was furious!!! Now, 3 days later I have been calling non-stop and mysteriously can’t get through to their company. I feel this entire process was a scam and am mad at myself for not doing better research. I am disappointed and feel that I have been ripped off with absolutely no recourse. I would’ve been better off taking my valuables to a pawn shop.

Amanda H
Enterprise, AL
A  9th of Oct, 2008 by    0 Votes
Anyone thinking they'll come out on top when selling their precious gold for cash is mistaken. The simple fact is, GOLD is rising in value, while the US Dollar continues to slide into nothingness. Your only smart move is to hang on to every peice of gold you have!

I see how it is that they will get our gold and force us to use whatever replacement fiat currency they come up with (be it the Euro, Amero, Digital Money etc...). We must not be lured into this scam of 'quick cash for our unused gold' as that's what it is a SCAM! Visit my website to learn more how this works against you, more importantly...how you can PROTECT yourself and your family against the collapse to come.

N  14th of Oct, 2008 by    0 Votes
I guess I will join the club as idiot man. See my post at formalneckwear.wordpress.com
N  18th of Oct, 2008 by    0 Votes
I had 9 rings that I had paid at least $2500.00 for all of them. No longer wanting or needing them I sent 9 rings in to Cash 4 Gold and got a check back for $30.46. I called them and told them I was not happy and I would like my things returned to me. So I sent back the check and wrote on it please return my things to me like they told me to. They sent back the $30.46 check to me and when I called them up they told me they melted my things and my items coluld not be returned to me. It was within the time frame and they said that there was not a note recorded that I wanted my things back and sorry for the misunderstanding but I could keep the check. I would not do bussiness with this so called company ever again!!! It's a rip off!! And most of all they are very rude to talk too.
N  20th of Oct, 2008 by    0 Votes

Cash 4 Gold - Price of Gold
Albar Precious Metal Refining, Inc
1701 Blount Road
Pompano Beach
Florida
Phone: 954-970-3222
Cash4Gold.com

This company should be called Pennies 4 Gold !! They are paying about $70/oz. for 12k gold! They also charge a shipping & handling fee to have your merchandise returned. Other than the fact they Scam you on the Value of the Gold, the staff seems friendly & helpful with basic questions. You would probably get a better return if you took it to your local pawn shop or jeweler.
D  24th of Oct, 2008 by    0 Votes
i sent my small pile of scrape gold over two months ago, the trcking number is wrong and they report that they have not seen it, so send in an insurance claim. What a mess I got myself into!
Bea
N  25th of Oct, 2008 by    0 Votes
Dont send your gold to any company buying it take to jewlers or better yet do as i did and sell on ebay i sold 49 grams which isnt much for over 769 dollars go to ebay and type scrap gold and you'll see what that im not bull crapping anyone
A  1st of Nov, 2008 by    0 Votes
I totally agree with others. I sent them two rings and a pendant and then they have the nerve to send me 7.56. what a joke!!! I sent them 12K white gold and apparently the idiots there can't read because I could see the K on the inside of the ring and they sent on the reason it 10K. Please don't be fooled by these scam artists as I was.
A  4th of Nov, 2008 by    0 Votes
I sent Cash4Gold a 14K wedding band (can't remember the weight) and they sent me about 15.00 back after 2 weeks of waiting. I requested they return the ring, which they did after about another 2 weeks.

On the way back from picking the ring up at FedEx, I stopped in a local jewelry store where they gave me $55.00.

I don't remember what I paid for the ring... somewhere in the area of $250.00, but nonetheless I got a lot more from a local retailer than from Cash4Gold. If I cared enough about it, I might have shopped around for more money, but with gas prices and limited time I decided just to take the $55.00.
A  5th of Nov, 2008 by    0 Votes
they are a bunch of idiots who are getting idiots in return from selling gold to them. You minght as well sell swatches.
A  5th of Nov, 2008 by    0 Votes
These people needed to be taken off the air, before others are sucked in. It is not right how they lie on tv and people fall for thier lies. I sent them a ring and they sent me nothing for it and didn't even acknowledge they received it. It was a 10 kt ring with the stone missing and they said it wasn't real. And yes it took forever to get a response from them. I am so tired of being ripped off and furthermore they still are in business and still have those commercials on the tv. Why are they not out of business yet?
A  6th of Nov, 2008 by    0 Votes
I've seen their ad and I think it's stupid to send your gold to any company such as this one. It's best to sell it at a pawn shop or as someone here said, eBay.
A  13th of Nov, 2008 by    0 Votes
I want my jewerly back some how so me way. I was rip off and Im a single parent trying to get money to support my family the check I got in the mail was wrong. God bless they soul for what they did to me. Im mad and I want my jewerly back asap.

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree