Cash 4 Gold

Posted:

Ridiculous Amount offered for my goods

Cash 4 Gold
Glendale, California
Cash 4 Gold received my packet...full of gold rings, and sterling silver items (which they stated they take) and they offered me $0.56 cents for my items! They've got to be joking. I just asked them to return my stuff and to keep their lousy money. I didn't know they were a scam until after I sent my items and read some articles on the company and their business practices, now I understand what is going on.
Complaint comments Comments (3) Complaint country United States Complaint category Other

Comments

N  31st of Aug, 2009 by    0 Votes
I really dont see the problem. First of all, if you take the full weight of the gold items, multiply by 14/24 for 14 karat or 10/24 for 10 k youll find that the most you can expect is 50 or 60% of the weight. (we are not talking plated). Now, there is a refinary fee. ..perhaps as much as $60/oz.
say you send in 8 oz of 14K gold. Figure on about 4oz X 950/ozor $3800, less refinery of $200 or about $3600 max. Say a 10% profit, resulting in $3, 240. This comes to about $800/oz. This is the MOST you can expect. If you get $600/oz, i would be surprised.
Now, as for trust? Baloney. You would be betteroff going to several jewelers and getting a quote from them . They deal with refineries all the time. Even then, I would be surprised if you can get half the actual price of Gold, maybe $500/oz.

Good luck
N  5th of Sep, 2009 by    0 Votes
IF YOU ARE STUPID ENOUGH TO PUT YOUR GOLD IN A BAG AND SEND IT OFF IN THE MAIL TO STRANGERS, EVEN IF YOU LIKE M.C. HAMMER, YOU ARE DUMBER THAN A BOX OF ROCKS.
N  28th of Feb, 2010 by    0 Votes
I agree that Cash4Gold.com is a scam, I cam across a very helpful website called Top10cashforgold.com and that told me everything that i needed to know about every online gold company out there. If you are looking to sell your gold and you want to know the truth about the company please visit, Top10cashforgold.com. I hope this website finds you well. I sure thought it was useful.

Teddy