Cash 4 Gold

4.1
Cash 4 Gold
Florida
cash4gold.com
IT'S A SCAM!!! I gathered all my old gold jewlery, 13 pieces. Mailed them in a envelope that i was told was insured. Two days later i found all this negative information on the internet about cash 4 gold. Four weeks later i was living the nightmare stories i read on the internet. The package i was told was insured, it was but only for $100, i had over $2000 worth of jewlery in that package. Like many of the stories on the net my package came up missing and the company wanted to instantly send me my $100 insurance claim. They told me they would intiate an investigation with the United Postal Service. Two weeks later i found out they didn't, so I did. I was told by my local postal service to contact thePostal Inspector who informed me that my missing package to this company is one of SEVERAL just from my state alone. The larger valued packages are being stolen. an investigation is on going. So for over $2000.00 worth of jewelry i am going to end up with $100. After all the complaints and negative info i have uncovered about this company, i don't understand how they they have not been investigated and shut down.
Complaint comments Comments (206) Complaint country United States Complaint category Other

Comments

N  8th of Dec, 2009 by    0 Votes
has anyone had any rip off stories from cash4gold in england?please let me no
N  10th of Dec, 2009 by    +1 Votes
Go to Previous message | Go to Next message | Back to MessagesMark as Unread | Print ReplyReply AllMove...Inbox
Flag this messageRe: Cash4Gold (Email Case#255423)Wednesday, December 10, 2008 9:23 AM
From: "anna castillo" Add sender to ContactsTo: "info@cash4gold.com" thank you justin, your help is very much appreciated, we are a family just trying to get by, i recenly lost my job and trying to give my children a good x-mas.i had to go through my jewlry box, every lil bit helps.thank you again for your help.merry x-mas to you and yours.ANNA

Sent: Wednesday, December 10, 2008 8:21:50 AM

Anna,
Thank you very much for your reply. I do apologize that we no longer have access to return your material. I have taken your invoice and emails to my manager and he has authorized me to meet your minimum required payment 60.00 for your package, given the situation. Please confirm and we will mail this payment out to you as soon as possible.

Sent: Wednesday, December 10, 2008 10:47 AM
Subject: Re: Cash4Gold (Email Case#255423)

i was more interested in the ring it self, the gold one withe the diamond, i was offered 60.00. thanks

Sent: Wednesday, December 10, 2008 7:43:49 AM

Anna,
I apologize but from the time of our first contact I was unable to retrieve your items for return to you. If you don’t mind me asking how much were you expecting to receive when you sent your package off to us?

Justin n.

Sent: Wednesday, December 10, 2008 10:11 AM
Subject: Re: Cash4Gold (Email Case#255423)

please send items back.thank you.

Sent: Wednesday, December 10, 2008 6:31:47 AM

Anna,
Accounts payable has your reissue request. We did receive 3 DWT of 14K, 2.7 DWT of 10K and 24.1 DWT of sterling silver. We were able to pay out 19.65 for your total package.

Sent: Tuesday, December 09, 2008 12:31 PM
Subject: Re: Cash4Gold (Email Case#255423)

HELLO JASON, I HAVE NOT YET RECIEVED A CHECK STATEMENT.CASE #(255423) IF FOR ANY REASON I DONT THINK THE AMOUNT IS FAIR AND WANT MY ITEMS RETURNED, ARE THESE ITEMS STILL AVAILABLE?, ITS BEEN A MONTH THANK YOU.

Sent: Saturday, December 6, 2008 12:04:35 PM

Anna,
There is a 15 day hold on check reissues from the date on the check, I can submit to accounts payable to have your payment reissued on 12/9. Please contact me on Tuesday to confirm that you have not received it so that I can proceed with the reissue.

Sent: Saturday, December 06, 2008 12:59 PM
Subject: Re: Cash4Gold (Email Case#255423)

that is my correct address but it is apartment b, was anything sent back to you?i dont understand i recieved my kit without problem.what happends from this point? thank you, Anna (case #255423)

Sent: Friday, December 5, 2008 11:47:24 AM
Subject: Cash4Gold (Email Case#255423)

Anna,
Thank you very much for your email and information so that I can assist you. We did mail your check (check #29238) to you on 11/24, you definitely should have received it by now. Please
THIS IS WHAT WAS GOING ON WITH CASH FOR GOLD!!! DONT EVER USE THESE SCAMMERS!!!
A  14th of Dec, 2009 by    +1 Votes
Why would you guys send your items to a gold buyer before knowing what they are going to pay you?
their are gold buyers out the that have a page where you can get an estimate on your payout.
Just search for gold buyer and you'll get a hundred results. picking the first result obviously isn't the right thing to do.
I tried P3MRefining.com since I'm Canadian and they are from my area. They payed me about 70% of what my items were worth.
They even payed me more than what their estimator calculated because of the gold price increase.
A  14th of Dec, 2009 by    0 Votes
I have dealt with other companies and thought maybe I was not given a fair amount so I tried Cash4gold figuring with all the tv ads they may be honest. I called them and was told to use their mailer, I asked whether I should send it insured or tracked. The claim rep said, "no, everything will be just fine, use our mailer-we never have any trouble with receiving packages." Well guess what, they claim they never received my package. Anyone reading this stick with a reputable company such as Garfield and get a return receipt and insure your package. Cash4gold is a SCAM!!
A  15th of Dec, 2009 by    0 Votes
Ever heard of the Nigerian scams throughout the internet. Well like those scams this kind of business preys on those who have fallen victim to predators of the worse kind. Trusting people who have trusted what the T.V. reps have been getting big advertising bucks for.
I too almost got scammed by nigerian scams... Word to wise use a little wisdom when doing any kind of transactions with anyone or any business. The jewelry you send in they get a double Free bonus when you also send in stones with y0ur stuff. I'll be willing to bet that those who have been scammed wont ever be again !!! And i am sorry you were .
Take it as a loss and lesson learned.
N  17th of Dec, 2009 by    0 Votes
I want everyone to know that there are legitimate gold buyers online and that I am one of those buyers. I will always pay what I promise and will NEVER treat my customers this way. I am very sorry for your experience with this gold buyer was less than satisfying. Sincerely Rob B.
D  18th of Dec, 2009 by    0 Votes
Well all i know is, i sent in my gold and got a check for $1, 868 the following week. Maybe it is a scam.. but its a scam i can live with
N  20th of Dec, 2009 by    0 Votes
when u r reading this dont stop or something bad will happen! my name is summer i am 15 years old i have blonde hair, many scars no nose or ears.. i am dead. if u dont copy this just like from the ring, copy n post this on 5 more sites.. or.. i will appear one dark quiet night when ur not expecting it by your bed with a knife and kill u. this is no joke something good will happen to u if you post this on 5 more
A  10th of Jan, 2010 by    0 Votes
Hi my name is Francine from Pgh PA. I sent cash 4 gold alot of gold chains diamond rings, etc.. They told me the pkg was lost and I had to file an insurance claim. They will only pay $100.00. I know my jewelry was worth well over that amount but how do you prove it? So I learned the hard way. Please do not trust cash 4 gold!! Go to a jeweler. Thanks for letting me have my say.
A  11th of Jan, 2010 by    0 Votes
of course u are right they are theifs
N  21st of Jan, 2010 by    0 Votes
I have used www.Mygolddepot twice now and each time I was paid with in 5 Days of me sending my Gold Pak in. I would recommend My Gold Depot.com to anyone.

Dan
A  21st of Jan, 2010 by    0 Votes
I am an employee of a gold buying and gold financing company that also operates out of offices in New York and I have been continually impressed by the honesty of the company I work for called www.mygolddepot.com The companies managers and owners pride them self's on Customer Service. They charge a very small but reasonable percentage as a handling fee. When MyGoldDepot.com loans money to customers in lue of payment My Gold Depot only charges a fair 8.5 % intrest compaired to 17 to 20% from other companies. We have been paying out close to 85-90% of the London Gold Fixing rate. All I can say is, I have worked at My Gold Depot for close to 8 mth's and I have only seen the best Customer Service I have ever seen from any service oriented business I have ever worked for. I hav been in this feild for 16 years. I can only recommed that YOU try www.mygolddepot.com you will be impressed.

Danny
Sands Point, New York
A  24th of Jan, 2010 by    0 Votes
Cash 4 gold is a MISLEADING, FRAUDULANT, ILLEGAL, FALSE ADVERTIZING AND THIEF OF A COMPANY!!! i sent them piece that had sentimental meaning to me so i could buy my children xmas gifts, and they claimed they never recieved it!! yet their envelopes and commerical say that that IT IS COMPLETELY SAFE AND SECURE...###!!! it is a wonder no one has sued this damn company!!! I would love to know..how they can PROVE TO ME THAT THEY DO NOT HAVE MY GOLD!??! Then for loosing it they need a copy of your licence?? why???? ugh, i could go on and on...I am definately thinking of reporting them to the BETTER BUISNESS BUREAU AND ATTORNEY GENERALS OFFICE...
A  24th of Jan, 2010 by    0 Votes
DO NOT TO BUSINESS WITH US GOLD BUYERS! I shipped a ring to sell, only because I received a decent buyback quote in writing. I was told my diamond would NOT be taken out of the setting. When I received a call back offer, I was given an offer of HALF the original quote. I told them I wanted my ring shipped back immediately. I had an agent call me back and berrade me for 10 minutes, yelling because I would not let him soak my diamond in acid, and sell him my ring for 1/4 the appraisal value. The ring was shipped and the BANDS WERE taken apart. My stomach sank! The diamond looks nothing like the diamond I shipped. I now have to file a police report and have my insurance investigate. I called him on the issue and how the diamond looks different and scratched. He said "ya ya, see you in court". IF YOU SEE A US GOLD BUYER AGENT..RUN!
A  24th of Jan, 2010 by    0 Votes
DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THE US GOLD BUYERS! I shipped a ring to sell, only because I received a decent buyback quote in writing. I was told my diamond would NOT be taken out of the setting. When I received a call back offer, I was given an offer of HALF the original quote. I told them I wanted my ring shipped back immediately. I had an agent call me back and berrade me for 10 minutes, yelling because I would not let him soak my diamond in acid, and sell him my ring for 1/4 the appraisal value. The ring was shipped and the BANDS WERE taken apart. My stomach sank! The diamond looks nothing like the diamond I shipped. I now have to file a police report and have my insurance investigate. I called him on the issue and how the diamond looks different and scratched. He said "ya ya, see you in court". IF YOU SEE A US GOLD BUYER AGENT..RUN!
A  24th of Jan, 2010 by    0 Votes
hey what's happening, as a personal favor I sent in my personal piss speaking for all those out there who has been scamed for cash for gold, ### cash for gold !!!
A  26th of Jan, 2010 by    0 Votes
I also sent cash4gold 3 rings 2 watches 2 necklaces w/gold pendants and a bracelet. They told me they never received my pak and I filled out the claim form sent the copy of my license and now the person who is handeling my claim is never available. They say my claim closes on Feb 5th, but I cannot find out what is going on. I know it was stupid to send in the gold in the first place but I was in a jam, just had a kidney transplant and needed money for meds my insurance wouldn't cover. If anyone knows if there is anything I can do...help!!
A  29th of Jan, 2010 by    +1 Votes
If they try to scam us, why don't we try and scam them? It may be hard, but if you can find any fake jewelery that looks and feels like gold, you could send it in and they may mistake it for real gold resulting in profit for you.
N  31st of Jan, 2010 by    +1 Votes
What the ### did you ###ers expect... My ten year old said it sounded like a scam and there are ###in grow adults getting scammed... Good job my ten year old son has more knowledge than you ###in mother###in mother###ers ###ers.

Crip fo life!!
Shender!!!
N  31st of Jan, 2010 by    0 Votes
I took a ### in their envelope and sent it to them. I hope they enjoy.

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree