Posted:

scam

4.1
Florida
cash4gold.com
IT'S A SCAM!!! I gathered all my old gold jewlery, 13 pieces. Mailed them in a envelope that i was told was insured. Two days later i found all this negative information on the internet about cash 4 gold. Four weeks later i was living the nightmare stories i read on the internet. The package i was told was insured, it was but only for $100, i had over $2000 worth of jewlery in that package. Like many of the stories on the net my package came up missing and the company wanted to instantly send me my $100 insurance claim. They told me they would intiate an investigation with the United Postal Service. Two weeks later i found out they didn't, so I did. I was told by my local postal service to contact thePostal Inspector who informed me that my missing package to this company is one of SEVERAL just from my state alone. The larger valued packages are being stolen. an investigation is on going. So for over $2000.00 worth of jewelry i am going to end up with $100. After all the complaints and negative info i have uncovered about this company, i don't understand how they they have not been investigated and shut down.
Complaint comments Comments (206) Complaint country United States Complaint category Other

Comments

N  17th of Aug, 2009 by    0 Votes
I SENY MY STUFF IN ABOUT 3 WEEKS AGO AND STILL HAVE NOT GOT MY CHECK SO I CALLED AND THEY SAY THEY DID NOT HAVE MY PACKAGE I CALLED THE COPS AND MADE A REPORT AND THEY ARE NOW GETING SUED BY MYSELF AND 6 MORE PEOPLE IN WACO TX CASH FOR GOLD CAN KISS MY A**
A  21st of Aug, 2009 by    0 Votes
After reading about those CASH 4 GOLD scams, I was weary about selling my gold to those late-night TV commercials. I actually took the time to research various gold buying companies and after seeing the positive reviews that ABC & CNN gave U.S. Gold Buyers, Inc., I was convinced they were the best in the biz!

I shopped around for several days and their prices were always the best on the net. They are an extremely professional company and offered free shipping, price quotes and payments within 24 hrs of the receipt of my items!

Do your homework before selling your gold...if you do, you'll realize that U.S. Gold Buyers are 100% official!

Thank God for USGoldBuyers.com!
N  21st of Aug, 2009 by    0 Votes
Quite awhie ago I was eying the Hyperinflation of the american dollar, and I knew our buck wasn't going to be good for long, here in afew years, 2011, our dollar will be worth about 10 cents, it won't happen overnight, but I promise you it will catch up, KEEP YOUR GOLD, I bet you any money these are banks, trying to unload all these pieces of paper we call money, for the real valuables, our Jewelry, Gold is going to be worth alot here soon. And its going be like 30 bucks for a loaf of bread, don't beleive me look at Germanyies hyperinflation, I beleive they wee paying like 40 bucks for an egg, their dollar became like 1/1, 000, 000, 000 of it's original value, all through hyperinflation, I am telling you right now, we are on the exact same path, ther is no denying it, not one bit, it will happen. There is absolutley no way to get around this, the damage has been done for quite awhile, and the damage has increased dramatically since than. PREPARE, there is going to be a great depression this country has never seen before. I am just waning all of you, don't get scared, just prepare, thats all you can do. I knew when I seen these cash for gold commercials I knew thats what they were doing, from the very gate.
N  24th of Aug, 2009 by    0 Votes
why not order their packet and send it back to them with some rocks in it. if everyone does it that should put them out of biz pretty quick, no?
N  27th of Aug, 2009 by    +1 Votes
Listen... you're an idiot if you actually sent your jewelry in to this site. They clearly state their ridiculously terrible rates on the page its self. All you need is a ###ing calculator, and if you knew two ### about the gold exchange market then you would know how much gold usually sells for. Currently they are buying silver for 30% its normal rate... that's ### but it was stated on the page. Selling and buying gold is an actual economic activity that requires you pay the ### attention to what you're doing with your gold. And if you gave them diamonds... wow... you're a ###ing ###. Diamonds don't have a determinable rate due to subjective qualities, Along with other gems and accessories that go with your earnings. Any who... instead of complaining, how about you get your ### off the couch and orchestrate a DoS Attack on their servers. ### their ### up. If you don't know how to, then find an computer savvy individual(s) willing to accommodate your needs. In order to actually execute a DoS attack or (denial of service attack) you need massive amounts of people. Essentially what you're doing is overloading the servers with excessive traffic, either via emails containing ridiculous number of characters on the email address bar. there are also other methods of doing this. Once you accomplish this, the servers will be off for hours or even days. And because the company only advertises on the internet, they will loose hundreds of thousands of dollars for the inactivity. Is it illegal? maybe... For the record, i do not condone such actions. But in situations of self-defense, one must act appropriately. If you're equally livid, and you have a burning desire for revenge, then you have to organize, stand together, communicate, and then ### them up. Simply calling the BBS isn't going to do anything. These people pay Google massive amounts of money for advertising. Probably the money that they stole from you. The company you contact when you have been scammed should always be the source of advertising. Or you could have fun and ### with their servers. Either way, bottom line, calling doesn't do didliy ###, and you're never going to get their servers shut down with your apparent "contacts" or "people" you know. Take some initiative.
A  30th of Aug, 2009 by    0 Votes
I had some pearls evaluated by a certified gemologist recently. At the time I had three small pieces of gold jewelry I wanted him to look at. He said that two pieces were 18K and one was 16K. He said that anyone would give me $125.00 for the three pieces. I decided to stop by a Cash 4 Gold location near me to check them out. The idiot there said that the 16K piece was 10K. That piece was under a gram and didn't even register on his crappy scale. I added another small piece of jewelry to the three and it weighed 10 grams. He offered me $77.00 when anyone else would have offered $140.00. Needless to say, I left. The employee looked as if they just grabbed him from off the street. Beware.
N  31st of Aug, 2009 by    0 Votes
cashforyourgold.co. uk is a load of bolluks too!
N  3rd of Sep, 2009 by    +1 Votes
DUH. I think the complaintboards needs to be renamed to the : stupidconsumerboards.com LOL
N  7th of Sep, 2009 by    0 Votes
C4G is just another way for chain snatching ###s to fence their stolen jewelry.
A  7th of Sep, 2009 by    0 Votes
It's incredible that so many people have gone through the situation that I went through with cash4gold. I too fell for it. I saw the commercial one day and thought it sound promising. I sent three gold crucifixes to cash4gold and after two weeks of waiting, I received a check of only thirty something dollers when I know the jewelry was worth more. It's nothing but a dirty pawn shop on line. I should've known better.
N  8th of Sep, 2009 by    0 Votes
Been watching Cash4Gold and noticed they just put this out: http://news.prnewswire.com/ViewContent.aspx?ACCT=109&STORY=/www/story/09-03-2009/0005088259&EDATE=
N  14th of Sep, 2009 by    0 Votes

Cash 4 Gold - Potential Scam - Need Your Input
Cash 4 Gold

Hi, my name is SaraAnn and I am an analyst at Balestriere Lanza, a trials and investigations law firm in New York. Our firm has been investigating Cash 4 Gold's potential misconduct for several months and would be interested in hearing more from you about your experience. Please feel free to contact me at your convenience at saraann.bennett@balestriere.net or at 212-374-5400 ext. 131.
A  22nd of Sep, 2009 by    0 Votes
i went to local jeweller who said my chain was worth 70.00 but when i sent to cash for gold they said 27.00 and they claim to pay higher than other jellewers, what a big lie. The truth will come out and all their evil deeds will be exposed
A  24th of Sep, 2009 by    0 Votes
Did I mail in my gold and a platinum wedding band to Cash 4 Gold when in a time of financial difficulty? Yes. What I received in return was a check for $60.00 and a statement which did not acknowledge the platinum ring. Why would any reputable TV company sell advertising time to these scammers. I may boycott ESPN for my own piece of mind. The Cash for Gold company is perpetrating a scam. Someday, the USPS, Justice Dept, or a law firm will nail Cash 4 Gold for fraud. Sad.

Sincerely,

David
A  2nd of Oct, 2009 by    0 Votes
Hi all ppl wanting to sell ur gold i sent mine off to GRANTS OF CORNWALL it was a good catch saying they give over £500 per ounce and my chain was 70grams of 14ct gold alone i got a cheque for just over £200 i was well fuming. I rang them requesting they send me it back and i have to write a letter and sent a cheque to them for postage to return my item. What a fuking scam
N  4th of Oct, 2009 by    0 Votes
We have something here in Canada called Dollars 4 Gold being advertised on TV. Considering the economic situation and my field of work, I decided to get rid of some gold I was no longer really using.

I sent Dollars 4 Gold one of the items in my collection. It was a solid gold sarcophagus that once contained the body of the Egyptian queen Cleopatra. I wanted the money fast, so I opted for the quick deposit offer. After checking my bank account deposits, I noticed a deposit from Dollars 4 Gold for the sum of $379.75.

I was very upset and called to speak to a rep. At first they offered me $800, to which I said I was hoping for a bit more. The rep offered me $1200 and said that was the best they could do. $1200 for a solid gold sarcophagus? Are these people crazy? I told them I wanted my item to be returned, but the manager told me that there is currently a curse on the sarcophagus and no courier or shipping company will agree to ship it.

What can I do now?
A  8th of Oct, 2009 by    0 Votes
I found a silver bracelet one day and figured what the heck nothing lost, I sent it to C4G and they sent me a check for 0.25. We laughed our butts off, now we know better but nothing lost on my end.
I was afraid also that the check might even bounce LOL.
A  12th of Oct, 2009 by    +1 Votes
Wow Im so glad I threw that envelope away!!! I orders it because my grandmother wanted to get rid of her old jewlrey that she never wore. This is so funny... Glad I rad this page. I threw the envelope away like 4 months ago. Good thing huh?!?!?!?!?!
N  12th of Oct, 2009 by    +1 Votes
Sorry about my spelling. The keyboard isnt working right...
N  15th of Oct, 2009 by    0 Votes
I am a programmer and do sites like http://scrabblecheat.com but they are legit. What cash for gold is doing is deception, lying, and of course stealing. In the end if they send you any money, it is rip off money. Trust me, as a programmer of such sites like http://scrabblecheat.com I fully understand how the Internet works.

Like the one person said, shame on the television stations for airing this commercial. I know nothing about tv but this should never have made it past the review process.

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree