Cash 4 Gold

4.1
Cash 4 Gold
Florida
cash4gold.com
IT'S A SCAM!!! I gathered all my old gold jewlery, 13 pieces. Mailed them in a envelope that i was told was insured. Two days later i found all this negative information on the internet about cash 4 gold. Four weeks later i was living the nightmare stories i read on the internet. The package i was told was insured, it was but only for $100, i had over $2000 worth of jewlery in that package. Like many of the stories on the net my package came up missing and the company wanted to instantly send me my $100 insurance claim. They told me they would intiate an investigation with the United Postal Service. Two weeks later i found out they didn't, so I did. I was told by my local postal service to contact thePostal Inspector who informed me that my missing package to this company is one of SEVERAL just from my state alone. The larger valued packages are being stolen. an investigation is on going. So for over $2000.00 worth of jewelry i am going to end up with $100. After all the complaints and negative info i have uncovered about this company, i don't understand how they they have not been investigated and shut down.
Complaint comments Comments (206) Complaint country United States Complaint category Other

Comments

A  29th of Jun, 2009 by    0 Votes
I SENT IN MY STUFF AND DIDNT EVEN GET A CHECK SO THOSE OF YOU WHO DID YOUR LUCKY!!! THOSE SCAM ARTIST ARE TRYING TO TELL ME THEY NEVER RECIEVED IT!!! JERKS!!! SCAM SCAM SCAM!
A  29th of Jun, 2009 by    0 Votes
PLEASE PLEASE!!! SOMEONE STOP THESE JERKS FROM DOING THIS TO OTHER PEOPLE THEY NEED TO BE SHUT DOWN ASAP!!!
N  29th of Jun, 2009 by    0 Votes
I JUST RECIEVED MY GOLD BACK FROM CASH 4 GOLD VIA UPS. I SENT THEM BACK THE $60 CHECK THAT THEY SENT ME FOR MY 10 ITEMS OF 14K GOLD BACK ON 6/13/09. THANK GOODNESS THAT I GOT ALL MY GOLD ITEMS BACK! I WILL NEVER SEND MY JEWLREY THROUGH THE MAIL AGIN! LESSON LEARNED!! P. S. THANKYOU CASH 4 GOLD FOR RETURNING IT TO ME. TERRI, SPRING TEX.
N  30th of Jun, 2009 by    0 Votes
I agree with them being a scam. Alot of people dont research they go for biggest or what they see on tv. I advise everyone to research get prices beforehand. I ended up selling to www.houseofgoldrefining.com and got more than my local jeweler and pawn shop. So do your research shop around and you will find a good deal I did. Hope this helps
N  30th of Jun, 2009 by    +1 Votes
The only way to transact this Cash for Gold business is in person. As previous writers commented, this is a highly regulated business and trafficking gold and precious metals via mail to be sold is illegal in many states (I know it is in California).
Not trying to advertise here, but I spend a great deal of time operating a legitimate Cash For Gold business with all the licensing and background checks completed. We travel throughout California and set up in local malls, meet people face-to-face, make them one of the highest pay outs for their unwanted gold and jewelry, and pay in CASH. It's easy, if our customers don't think it's the right price, they are free to pass. However, most of our customers leave with lots of cash and are very happy. Even though we have a website, we don't accept customers gold via mail in services. Just too weird for everyone. Find out where we'll be next and see how this cash for gold business is supposed to run! http://expressgoldonline.com
I'm attaching pictures from a recent event in Bakersfield, California.
A  1st of Jul, 2009 by    0 Votes
ExpressGold, do everyone a favor and go F@ck yourself!!! Please don't go on here to advertise your crappy website and give us your BS success stories. I went to two "regulated" and "legitimate" Cash4Gold places at my local mall and got crap in return for the two rings that my girlfriend and I bought for $1, 500.00. Kay Jewelers appraised ours to be worth $1, 000.00, and a local pawn shop was only willing to give us $500.00 (which I already thought was an insult). But Cash4Gold insulted us further by offering $160.00 at one location, and $200.00 at another. Even the 3 people ahead of us were not happy with their payout offers. So what happy customers are you referring to? Are you referring to the thieves that steal other people's jewelries and are happy with whatever monetary payouts you pay them? Cause NO ONE that pays thousands of dollars for their gold will be happy with a couple hundred dollars in cash return. Please don't advertise your BS "that you pay 25% more for gold and unwanted jewelries". So, if I came to you with $10, 000.00 in gold and diamonds, are you going to pay me my fair market value for them? What can I expect to get in return? A couple hundred dollars from your reputable business? Let me guess, you weigh my gold using your penny scale, and then toss out the diamonds attached to them? Or do you pawn off the rest of the "unmelted" stuff like the diamonds? Hahah...ok Whatever...Go screw yourself!
N  6th of Jul, 2009 by    0 Votes
cash for gold are low life @ss#oles!!! That are preying on the nieve!!!
A  8th of Jul, 2009 by    0 Votes
cash for gold rob people. they claim you will get a huge pay out when you sent in your gold, silver, stones, base metal jewelry, etc... They then turn around and send you a statement, (after a very long time) that shows what you are being paid for and for how much. Many of the items they offer no money at all, yet they are willing to keep the pieces that had been under valued and worthless. Cash for Gold also returned many of my pieces either bent, broken, or missing stones. They did not believe that the items I sent them were never damaged and claimed they had to go review the photos that were taken of the jewelry when they were first processed as well as the photo of the jewelry items when they were shipped back out to me. They offered so little money for the large quantity of jewelry they recieved. I had the whole zip lock pouch that they mail out, full of jewelry pieces and they only offered $115.00. I told them never mind and asked for the return of my jewelry of which, as stated above, was all damaged. It took another month to receive the repaired pieces back.
D  10th of Jul, 2009 by    0 Votes
dear john you sound like a complete idiot, most rings are 4 to5 grams do the math clownboy...
D  10th of Jul, 2009 by    0 Votes
cash 4 gold is a scam ive only been reading comments for 2 to 3 minutes easy to see, a person should be getting between 5 and 20 dollars per gram depending on the purity ie, 10k 14k 18 and 22k be carefull.
N  18th of Jul, 2009 by    0 Votes
Look we all know what this place is about. If you actually believe this crap.. well.. then you are gullible or naive. However, if you are an addict then this place is not all that bad. I mean if I break into the trailers at the park and clean house, I can walk away with quite a bit of loot. Then I take my loot to the local dope boy and trade the higher quality stuff for a fat rock or three. Now I am down to the middle and low grade stuff. I am leery of taking this to the gold buyers/pawn shop, because they usually run pieces through the police database to see if any of it is stolen. This is where Cash4Gold comes in. By the time I am considering them, I have exhausted every other option. It is the last stop on the fencing train. So I ship off some crappy broken chains and rings, and I get a crappy check. I call in to whine about the check, they increase it. Then I call again the next day, and after some more bickering I get my check increased once more. Within a few days, I receive a decent check that I didn't have to earn. I head to the dopeboy's house, and usually walk out with nothing less than a $50 rock. I sit around for a few hours, getting blitzed. Then I run out of dope, and the process starts again. Think this is a joke? There are hundreds of people in your neighborhood that think the same way I do. So have a nice day, and make sure you lock your doors and windows at night. Hell, better keep em' locked during the day too.
A  19th of Jul, 2009 by    0 Votes
I sent a gold coin to them that I knew was very valuable. They sent me a check for $210.00. I immediately called them, returned the check and did get my coin back.

I found an area buyer that gave me $1100 for that same gold coin. It was an ounce.

My story was even featured on the local nightly news as a precaution against sending anything to cash for gold. Find a local buyer - 99 times out of 100 they'll be more reputable.
N  19th of Jul, 2009 by    0 Votes
YEA THEY ARE A SCAM THE STOLE ALL MY GOLD AND GAVE ME $4.43 For 2 ponds
N  20th of Jul, 2009 by    0 Votes
THIS IS FOR ALL PERSONS CONTIMPLATING CASH4GOLD DONT DO IT ITS A SCAM !!!
A  20th of Jul, 2009 by    0 Votes
scam scam scam. just got a telemarking call from scam outfit to a Do Not Call number - using an caller ID alias of course. watch out, you may be next victim!
N  23rd of Jul, 2009 by    0 Votes
Obviously enough people fall for this scam or there wouldn't be ads all over the TV! Who these people are and how they have anything of worth in the first place, I don't know. I feel bad for the people who were scammed but, if you were gullible enough to fall for such an obvious scam, you almost deserve to be punished. It's the oldest warning in the book: "caveat emptor": Buyer Beware! IF IT SOUNDS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE, IT PROBABLY IS!
N  4th of Aug, 2009 by    0 Votes
if you wanna get back at this suckers send them your dogs poop over the mail. lol.
they deserve it.
N  8th of Aug, 2009 by    0 Votes
I would strongly suggest checking out the Silver and Gold Exchange before selling gold or silver to ANYONE. I did a great deal of research, online and offline, and learned a lot about this business. I checked pawn shops, jewelers, "gold parties", hotel "buying events as well as the online buyers, including the "as seen on tv" guys. I found that the Silver and Gold Exchange paid more than anyone else I could find. I liked the fact that they post the prices they pay per gram (beware of the places that quote in pennyweight/DWT) on a live price chart at http://SilverAndGoldExchange.com I also checked out their Better Business Bureau report and found they have never had a single complaint as opposed to HUNDREDS of complaints some other companies have! I recommend them 100%
A  11th of Aug, 2009 by    0 Votes
New Gold Jewelry & Precious Metals Law
August 5, 2009 by Administrator

Orange County readers of the San Diego Luxury Pawn Shop report should take note that a new law has been passed. The Shawangunk Journal reports that under this new law, anyone who has a business that buys second-hand jewelry (gemstones and precious metals) would have to have a license from the county and undergo a background check. In addition, two crucial rules apply. To sell gold jewelry to a store, you have to be over the age of 18 and you have to have photo ID for the store owner to see and if they want, to record. Then, the store or pawn shop must hold the items for 15 days before selling them.

The journal interviewed Dan Depew, Country Representative of the 18th District, who put it this way. “You can’t just ride into town, stay in a motel, and announce that you’re buying gold. Because, now you have stay in the county a while, and you have to register and undergo that background check.”

Police Chief McCann believes that the new law can be a win-win for everyone, saying that if pawn shops and jewelry buyers work it into their practices, then they can be sure that the police know they’re on the right side of things. McCann also added that residents can take steps to protect themselves. “Everyone [should maintain] a good record of the piece of jewelry, or property of any sort that has a value, or that they think is important to them. A photo is good, but if there’s some marker on the property that is known only to them, so they can ID that piece of jewelry, then that’s a great help to us in recovering things.”