Cash 4 Gold

4.1
Cash 4 Gold
Florida
cash4gold.com
IT'S A SCAM!!! I gathered all my old gold jewlery, 13 pieces. Mailed them in a envelope that i was told was insured. Two days later i found all this negative information on the internet about cash 4 gold. Four weeks later i was living the nightmare stories i read on the internet. The package i was told was insured, it was but only for $100, i had over $2000 worth of jewlery in that package. Like many of the stories on the net my package came up missing and the company wanted to instantly send me my $100 insurance claim. They told me they would intiate an investigation with the United Postal Service. Two weeks later i found out they didn't, so I did. I was told by my local postal service to contact thePostal Inspector who informed me that my missing package to this company is one of SEVERAL just from my state alone. The larger valued packages are being stolen. an investigation is on going. So for over $2000.00 worth of jewelry i am going to end up with $100. After all the complaints and negative info i have uncovered about this company, i don't understand how they they have not been investigated and shut down.
Complaint comments Comments (206) Complaint country United States Complaint category Other

Comments

A  23rd of Jan, 2009 by    0 Votes
I sent them a herringbone necklace, 2 diamond rings, and another gold necklace. I should have known they would scam me and tell me "they were lost in the mail." I am not going to go away. As a mom with children of special needs and plenty of political firends, I know eactly who to talk to. They need to be in jail for mail fraud!
A  27th of Jan, 2009 by    +1 Votes
i was a cash 4 gold employee 2 they are trully a rip off 4 real i started working in cash 4 gold when it was only like 10 employee now they got 100s of employee i even have friends of mine that are supervisor and they even tell me yo dnt u ever send your gold here... how cum if u work 4 cah 4 gold u get triple the amount of money that a regular customer gets 4 selling ur gold... CASH 4 GOLD THEY ARE A RIP OFF TRUST ME I USED TO WORK THERE N LEFT BECAUSE I HAD 2 MOVE 2 PHILADELFIA N I THINK THAT THATS NOT RITE WHAT THEY DOING...
N  29th of Jan, 2009 by    -1 Votes
Cash4Gold is a scam. Everyone knows it. But the truth is, not all gold buyers are like Cash4Gold.
I am an employee of a gold buying office in New York and I have been continually impressed the honesty of the business. We are in constant contact with the police department in insure none of our items are stolen, we literally film everything that comes in and out, every promise we advertise is followed to a tee, we take the only the most reasonable percentage for handling fee's (if you aren't getting 85-90% of the London Gold Fixing YOU ARE BEING SCAMMED) and we even offer a service to turn your unpure gold into pure gold so that you can have a legitimate investment item.

Like Troy Billington says above, gold is an EXTREMELY VALUABLE asset in times of economic recession. Protect it, but use it when you need it. Work only with companies that offer both services because it means their interests are more on your side.

Anyway, I'm not saying my business b/c this isn't a commercial...I just think people should be aware of the value of gold. Know the weight, know the purity, be aware of the London Gold Fixing before you think about selling any item.
N  29th of Jan, 2009 by    0 Votes
omg, i sent in my jewelry and they said they nevered recieved it, i should have know better. now i have to fill out a claim and who knows if i will every get any money from this bottom dwellers
A  29th of Jan, 2009 by    0 Votes
I had a feeling it was a scam. They really need to take the commercial off the air. I mean seriously, shouldn't the company have had a bcakground check or something before allowing their commercial to be seen by everyone?? So stupid...

But what do they do with the jewelry that they recieve? Do they really melt it?
A  29th of Jan, 2009 by    0 Votes
I knew it was a scam. I don't know why they would allow them to air their crappy commercial to people without doing a background check first?! So stupid. And by the way, the commercial was one of the most lousy, crappy, fake commercial ever.

But what do they do with the gold and jewelry that they recieve???
A  30th of Jan, 2009 by    +3 Votes
I think more people should start sending these Son's a B***h plated bolts nuts & screws, spray painted GLD & SLV. dipped in dog sh*t... Ca$h-4-$hit
N  31st of Jan, 2009 by    0 Votes
fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap
N  3rd of Feb, 2009 by    0 Votes
I sent Cash 4 Gold a man's gold wedding band and some gold junk jewelry on purpose to see what they would pay. I got their check for 6.69. Within 2 days I requested they send my jewelry back. What a rip-off, I could do better at a pawn shop. L. O'B
N  3rd of Feb, 2009 by    -1 Votes
THIS IS NOT A SCAM. Just because you send in a ring you got at Wal-Mart and didn't get a $800 to $1000 back doesn't mean it's a scam. It means you are a idiot for expecting to get rich quick. They are a business, which mean you won't get the exact worth of your gold down to the penny. They have to make a profit to.
N  4th of Feb, 2009 by    +1 Votes
CASH 4 GOLD IS A SCAM, I KNEW IT FROM THE FIRST DAY I WATCHED THEIR AD. HAVE YOU NOTICED, THEY DON'T TELL YOU HOW THEY APPRAISE YOUR VALUABLES? THAT ALONE SHOULD SCARE YOU...

I DON'T UNDERSTAND HOW THE GOVERNMENT ALLOW THESE SCAM ARTISTS TO OPERATE?
N  4th of Feb, 2009 by    +2 Votes
I am investigating Cash4Gold. Please e-mail me if they've harmed you!
cash4goldscam@gmail.com
A  6th of Feb, 2009 by    +1 Votes
Cash4Gold is located in Pompano Beach, Florida. 10 minutes from me. If i was any closer, i'd go down there and pick up their mail (they don't have any kind of secure receiving center, it's just a box with a cheap lock that's usually not locked). and the USPS, safe shipping? they lose 5% of what they get. Want to take that chance with $1000.00 worth of gold? probably not...

Cash 4 Crack would be a more obvious company name.
A  8th of Feb, 2009 by    0 Votes
I had the same problem with Cash 4 Gold. I sent all my jewelry to them and only got $334. I was so upset with them, calling them back to send back my jewelry. I then took my jewelry to the Diamond & Gold Exchange in Garland, Tx and they gave me more than double. When dealing with items as sentimental and valuble as jewlery one needs to go to a company with integrity, morals and honesty. Cash 4 Gold are the biggest crooks scamming millions of inocent consumers. The word needs to get out, they have to pay for all this thievery.
A  8th of Feb, 2009 by    +1 Votes
My wife and I went to Cash 4 Gold today at our local mall to sell some old necklaces that couldn't be work anymore due to being damaged. They offered us $70.00 for 8.9 grams of 14kt gold and 3.1 grams of 10kt gold. The current price of gold is 912/troy oz. Do the math and this is over 180.00 worth of gold. This means they were try to profit over 110.00 from us. When I told them no the buyer got upset and dumped our stuff on the table. I had previously sorted and seperated the gold between the 14kt and 10kt. In my opinion they are trying to profit from those who don't know who to determine the value of their gold.
A  8th of Feb, 2009 by    0 Votes
I am a pawnbroker and we thought it was a good idea to open up a site like cash 4 gold. so we did some trial and error. ALL I HAVE TO SAY THESE PEOPLE MAKE PAWNBROKERS LOOK bad. First we looked up the most known sites for selling gold Cash4Gold, Gold Kit, and Cash for gold usa. We the took the grading and weight of the 3 wedding bands each range from 2.3-3 dwt. Cash4Gold gave us $6.31 for a there fake weight of 1.3dwt, Goldkit gave us a fake estimate of .98dwt for $9.46, and Cashforgoldusa gave us $14.92. All these refines have made 20x more. We estimated about over $60 for each. This happened in Jan 2009. We contacted them and left messages but refuse to contact us but we will see them at the pawnbrokers convention. If you are going to pawn your gold go do your research first
A  8th of Feb, 2009 by    +1 Votes
I am investigating a possible class action lawsuit against them. Feel free to e-mail me at: cash4goldscam@gmail.com
D  10th of Feb, 2009 by    0 Votes
It's important to keep in context that this is a terminated short-term employee. Responses to these accusations are here:

In response to the comments about amount paid, it is important to remember that the company is not a pawn shop and acknowledges you can often get more from pawn shops and jewelers. This is indicated on the site

and CEO Jeff Aronson reiterated as much in the LA Times interview.

Cash4Gold is not for everyone. It's for people who don't want the hassle of a pawn shop. And if a customer doesn't like the offer, they can get their gold back.

Of course, it is acknowledged that more needs to be done to make sure this message is clear. Obviously, there is a great deal of confusion with customers expecting to get as much as or more than they would get at a pawn shop.
N  11th of Feb, 2009 by    +2 Votes
you should never fall for a scam like that, but there are people out there who believe that the party that they are sending there gold to is a honest business, i personally just take my gold down to bank st pawn in new london ct 06320 where they test it and weight right in front of you and then you have the option to either except the offer are to refuse the offer.
N  13th of Feb, 2009 by    0 Votes
I just posted up about the company, after some research, it does not claim to be a reseller. It is a junk metal dealer. I was upset after reading the experiences of others.

I retract my comment above. Seller beware...

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree