Casey Palmer & Jodi Bagwell www.rockinpquarterhorses.com / Fraud & Deceit

1 OklahomaPorum, OK, United States Review updated:

Notice to all horse buyers: Beware of purchasing any horse from Casey Palmer and/or Jodi Bagwell, doing business as Rockin P Quarter Horses (www.rockinpquarterhorses.com) out of Porum, Oklahoma, but also doing business in Texas and California. Mr. Palmer and Ms. Bagwell are by far the most deceitful horse brokers you will ever meet. Deceittful to the point of endangering the lives of children. I found a horse (black gelding) that he had for sale on AgDirect.com and I called him regarding this horse. The ad stated the horse was kidbroke and bombproof and Mr. Palmer assured me that he was the best and safest horse he's ever owned. I found out later that every horse he advertises has the same write up...kid safe, bombproof, one-of-kind, the kind you'll have for a long time, healthy, etc... While making several phone calls to Casey discussing this black gelding, I asked all the right questions and he told me all the right lies. He's very persuasive and very good at telling you what you want to hear. We made arrangement for my family and I to take the long drive (11+ hours) to Porum, Oklahoma to test ride this safe bombproof horse with Casey. During the drive, I had several more phone conversations with Casey Palmer and he assured me all was well with the horse and that he looked forward to meeting us the following morning. Early the following morning, we met up with Casey and his girlfriend, Jodi Bagwell, at a local coffee shop/gas station. Upon meeting up with them, we followed them to their "ranch". Once we got there, Casey pulled a black gelding out of a stall and I immediately knew this was not the same horse that he had e-mailed me pictures and video of...different face markings. Casey tried to pawn this horse off as the same one we had talked about but once he realized we were not going to be convinced of his little scam, he told us that the horse we came to look at was not acting right so he had to put him in another barn he had down the road. We still wanted to see the original black horse we had driven so far to see but Casey made every excuse in the world to not let us see him. To this day I have no idea if that horse even existed or if he had sold him prior to my arrival. All I know is that the horse we came to see was not there and Casey fully knew how long we had to drive to get to his place. Of course he did have several other horses he could sell us that he claimed were much safer than the black horse we had come to see. So as to not totally waste our money on fuel and hotel and two days driving time, he saddled up two horses for my daughter and I to test drive. My daughter, a very experienced competitive rider, mounted the "extremely safe" "fake" black gelding and she didn't get 30 feet from the barn when the horse freaked out and reared up, not a foot or so off the ground, but completely vertical, and fell on his side with her on board, smashing her leg between the horse and the ground. My horse on the other hand continued to buck and crow hop. Needless to say, we gladly left with an empty trailer. When we got home, I e-mailed Casey to inform him of our disappointment and to ask him if the black gelding really existed...I thought he owed us at least that much...and he immediately fired back with a nasty e-mail referring to my entire family as being unAmerican and being affraid of horses and not knowing how to ride or handle a horse. This guy is a real piece of work and must be stopped before some kid gets hurt or killed on one of his horses. And here's another gem. Casey told us a story of how he was shoeing one of his horses when the horse acted up so he pulled a 2 X 6 out of the horses stall and beat the horse over his head with it till he turned it into sawdust. He actually cracked himself up while telling us this story. It did explain, though, why every horse on his property was headshy. You couldn't even pet them on their head through the stall and he had problems getting the headstalls on both horses we rode. Honestly, if you purchase a horse from this man you have a death wish. There are so many horror stories out there about Casey Palmer, Jodi Bagwell and Rockin P Quarter Horses. I have the feeling that he will be changing his ranch name soon because of all the bad write-ups on him lately, so beware. I know he advertises on AgDirect.com and Horseville.com and I'm sure there are more. These sites have been warned about him and have been asked to pull all of his advertising. If they do not pull their ads after all the warnings they've been given, I urge you to not use their site to sell or purchase a horse. If they let Casey Palmer advertise with all the information they have on him, they'll let anyone advertise. We must all get together to run this guy out of the horse industry. Good luck horse hunting!

Comments

• Vi
      28th of Jul, 2008

I am so sorry about your dealings with Casey. I, last July, Bought a cutting horse gelding from him and I live in Oregon.
    The horse did arrive with bad feet and very thin but when hauling long distances they all drop a ton of weight.

But in terms of the horse and his mind he was AWESOME. My trainer says this is the nicest horse she's ridden in many
    years. Sound, sane, gentle, broke to the hilt, and NO VICES.

So when selling thousands of horses one cannot truly say 100% that the horse will always stay the same. An animal is still
    an animal. He may have gotten that horse and was fine with him and then boom, whether too hot hay or etc. the horse
    changes.

Just another opinion and satisfied customer. Oh, and sold the gelding because was not interested in cutting and made over
    $2000 then what Casey sold him to me, including the hauling fee.

• Gf
      28th of Jul, 2008

Hot hay? You're joking, right????????????

Even if the horse had "changed" because of "hot hay" (puhhhhleeeeeeease!!!), why would Casey have continued to B.S. this guy knowing that he and his family were making such a long drive to see it?

Just the price that this poor man spent on gasoline and hotels (not to mention a colossal waste of time) is a crime itself! Casey talked to him NUMEROUS times and had plenty of opportunities to let him know that the horse was either sold, acting up (whatever the ACTUAL truth was)! Then to try and pawn off a "fake" imposter horse? What an insult!

What about endangering this poor man and his daughter by telling them that the other two horses were also allegedly "bomb-proof" and supposedly even safer than the black horse that they drove so far to see? Why were those horses so dangerous TOO? Are we supposed to attribute that to more hot hay?

What about Casey's admitted abuse of the horses at his property? What about the all of the "head shy" horses on his property?

What about the harassing email when Casey called this man and his family "un-American" and that they didn't know how to ride? Did Casey eat some of this "hot hay" too?

You can try to justify that horse's behavior anyway you want (although you have to justify ALL of the other horses behaviors too if you do that). NOTHING justifies Casey Palmer's behavior!

What about the numerous other complaints about Casey Palmer and Jodi Bagwell and Rockin P Quarter Horses? Those would be justified...how?

There is absolutely NO excuse for this boy's behavior. Plain and simple. There are WAY too many stories about his unethical horse trading.

2nd of Nov, 2008

First off, Do you KNOW how many horses Casey Palmer Jodi Bagwell have sold? THOUSANDS!!! Do you KNOW of any deaths because of it? NONE!!! Do you KNOW how many repeat customers they have? TOO MANY TO EVEN COUNT!!!
    Now that I've answered those for you, Lets get a GRIP ON LIFE!
    I see you like to write complaints, but do you ever read complaints? Well, there are some DANDIES out there! For instance, a lady complained about dust under the bed in her motel room! Was she planning on sleeping UNDER the bed! A guy complained about getting a burger at a drive-thru and they forgot to put cheese on it! OMG, they just took 25 cents from me, call the police! A lady complained about staying at a motel for three days and the housekeeper didn't change her sheets everyday! Does she change her sheets at HOME everyday! So on and so on!!!
    I know the motels didn't have to change their name, nor the drive-thru, nor anyone else, for that matter! So, don't expect ROCKINPQUARTERHORSES to fall off the face of the earth neither!
    All being said, NEGATIVISM doesn't make the world go round, POSITIVENESS does!!!

signed,
    ONE OF MANY SATISFIED CUSTOMERS OF ROCKINPQUARTERHORSES

6th of Nov, 2008

Actually I do know of some deaths. They are horses that he has killed, because he has not fed them. Any one can have one or 2 satisfied customers. But when he is putting children on a horse that rears and tells her its a kids horse that is a problem!

I hope that he is paying taxes on these THOUSANDS of horses that he sells, because he does have to claim that as income to the IRS and the State.

• Gf
      7th of Nov, 2008

To: """Wade"""""...

“Positiveness”…hee hee hee! That’s rich. It’s not even a word. LMAO!

Instead of nonsensical rambling, why don’t you actually try addressing the issues of the complaint that was posted? What's that? Oh, that's right. There aren't any valid arguments against what happened. What’s the quote that you keep using in all of your “comments” to these complaints? Oh, yeah! Now I remember! “GET A GRIP!”

• Mo
      7th of Nov, 2008

I (unfortunately) did purchase a horse from Casey Palmer that was advertised as "bombproof, anyone can ride, kid safe" (you know, how he pretty much advertises ALL of his horses). This horse was/is NOT kid safe at all! My child most likely would have been seriously hurt (or worse) if I had let her ride it.

If you purchased a horse that you liked, good for you. There are too many of us that did not have good experiences with him. DO NOT try to discredit our experiences!!!

• El
      8th of Nov, 2008

Oh my goodness, YOU AGAIN!

• El
      8th of Nov, 2008

AND AGAIN!!!

9th of Nov, 2008

KARMA
    How dare you to accuse Casey of harming or possibly killing a child! That is nothing more than just trying to insult my intelligence! I've heard this B.S. long enough! This is where the lies end and the TRUTH begins! My 12 year old daughter has ridden, and to this day still rides, EVERY "KID BROKE, "BOMBPROOF" HORSE on Casey's place! Yes, you heard right, "KID BROKE", "BOMBPROOF" HORSES! The little girl in all of Casey's videos, That is MY daughter! So, how dare all of you to keep throwing your lame accusations! How could you possibly accuse these horses of being Insane, Untrained, Broncs! My daughter along with her friends go to Casey's house when he's not even at home and pull horses from the barn, saddle them up and take off riding! I guess you all would comment, Bad Mother! Simply Ludicrous! Can't help the fact that you people obviously do not know how to ride or handle a horse! My daughter rides and shows these horses everywhere! So, if you have purchased one of these "KID BROKE", "BOMBPROOF" horses that you say you can't ride, bring it to my 12 year old to ride it for you! Better yet, bring it to me I'll ride it for you, I broke my neck a year and a half ago in a car accident, but these horses show me all the confidence in the world!
    By the way Karma, thanks for informing Casey about paying income taxes, PLEASE, how ignorant on your part! All you need to do is keep up with your own income, that is, if you have any! Lady you don't know a damn thing about any deaths! If you wanna spread you're grapevine gossip, Do it elsewhere! One or two satisfied customers, PLEASE! I can drive around the block and find that many! As far as that goes there's way more than that on your guys drummed up complaint board! I mean, Really, you all should know because you've bitten back to each and everyone of them! So, the mistake was made when all of you accused Casey of endangering the lives of children! That included my child as well! I do not take that kind of accusation lightly, By no means!
    NO ONE, I mean NO ONE, DISCREDITS MY CHILDREN!!!DO NOT even try!!!
    Just let me state yet another FACT, CASEY is only 22 and he knows MORE than some people 3 times his age!
    Yes, that's right, REALLY INTELLIGENT young man!
    So, if you think this is only in retaliation, well you're badly mistaken!!!
    We could care less how many complaints you post! People are gonna make up their own minds about Casey and his horses on their own! Don't need people like you to make that kind of decision for them! There are too many SMART, HORSE SENSE people out there for that! Like the nice gentleman said, If you don't have the eye find someone that does!!!
    By the way, No one bit back at this nice gentleman's comment, Hmmm, maybe because he mentioned being in Law Enforcement??? Just wondering!
    Any of you that wants to fire back at me, have at it !!!
    Email me do whatever, really doesn't make a crap to me!!!
    I know what you are all thinking, This must be Casey, Sorry hate to bust your bubble, but you are so far from the truth!!! As I understand, Casey doesn't even pay any attention to this kind of B.S., I'm sure he has way more important things to do! But then again I can't speak for him! That is more than I can say for so called "ANOTHER UNHAPPY CUSTOMER"! She seems to be the mouth for everybody these days!!!
    I am so excited to see yet another horse to be posted on Casey and Jodi's website, Aren't you!!!
    That would be as follows:
    www.rockinpquarterhorses.com

9th of Nov, 2008

Well, I see you're biting back again, HOLLY!
    What was that again??? Oh, All the numerous complaints! WHERE!!! I can only see two! And both of them are from YOU and Karma!!! Justify that one for us !!! The truth always seems to hurt!! Wouldn't you agree???? Is that why you're always so bitter when someone posts a positive comment???

Were you ever at Casey's House?? No So, who are you to be justifying anything that allegedly happened!
    You think you have all the right answers, but you couldn't be farther from the truth!!!

11th of Nov, 2008

I don't need to see Casey's house to know that I would never want to have a horse there. I have heard from people that have been there and they were disgusted at the looks of the place.

Sell breed and sell dogs, we have many a customer come back and buy another. They also recommend us to others. They are always commenting on how nice we keep our place. Also people always comment on the condition of our fences. How they are always in great repair. Wire is tight and horses are in great health and feet are good.

Any one is always welcome at our place any time just come on over. We would be happy to give you a tour. ANY TIME!!!

11th of Nov, 2008

He HAS killed horses and he HAS stolen back horses that he has sold. He HAS endangered children when he put a child on a horse that rears. How is that not endangering a child?

Quite frankly you are a TERRIBLE mother. If you were such a good mother you would have him call us and try to rectify our problems. You would call and to see if there was anything you could do. But all you do in hide in the corner and don't care about what he is doing. Yes I pay taxes and alot of them so do not even try that.

My husband and I both work and he is retired from the Army so we have actually done something with our lives. How about you? What have you done? Do you do anything?

Obviously you have not learned how to raise HONEST children. Because your son at least does not know how to tell the truth.

11th of Nov, 2008

Thanks, but no thanks! I'm happy right where I am!
    I would hate to think that I bought Or sold you ANYTHING!
    Dog customers are commenting on your horses health and feet! Wow, doesn't say much for the dogs!
    At such a young age, what did you have??? Bet, it wasn't what Casey has!!!
    Casey, as well, has many re-peat customers and many recommendations!
    Just do your research and you'll see!
    That's the problem with you guys, you've only HEARD through the GRAPEVINE about things you're saying!
    That would be called, GOSSIP!!!

11th of Nov, 2008

If I were you I would think twice before calling someone a thief and an animal killer! Better get the FACTS on that one!!!
    Terrible mother you say, well thank you!
    I know that I am a VERY GOOD MOTHER and that is all that counts!!! I raised very intelligent, honest, and very hard working children!
    So, I just happen to be a very PROUD mother also!
    By the way, you are the one that was hoping taxes were paid on these horses! Don't be firing your comments if you don't want to be fired back at!!!

• Mo
      11th of Nov, 2008

To: "Furious Mother" "Screechowl" "Happy Customer" or whatever names you are going by - also known as Casey Palmer's mother;

You indicate that your daughter (Casey's little sister) is 12 years old and a VERY accomplished rider. Why then, did Casey tell me (in an attempt to sell me a child's horse) that he originally purchased the horse for her (his little sister) and that his sister was only 9 years old, afraid of horses and didn't know how to ride? Either you or Casey lied. Which is it?