Cascaded Distributing / Buds RV / Buy at your own risk

I purchased a 31' class A motor home from Cascade Distributing Owned by Bud Lovell. I got it at a discounted price because of obvious problems. He told me about some of the things that did not work, so I felt he was being upfront and honest. He told me the unit was road ready and had been checked out by his service dept. I later found $4000.00 worth of problems and hidden damage. I just lost $350.00 worth of fuel from a poorly repaired fuel tank that is half hanging out of the unit. Purchase at your own risk.

Va

Comments

• Er
      27th of Mar, 2009

I had purchased a vehicle from the same dealer but it was not known what the condition of the vehicle was except for what I was able to visually check. Word of mouth by one of Cascade’s lot lizards was that the vehicle is road worthy. As it turned out, there were badly needed repairs totaling about 1600 dollars to return the vehicle to safe and acceptable standards for operation on roads and highways. I’m sure you are aware that next time any vehicle you consider for purchase should be checked by an outside mechanic at their expense.

• St
      18th of May, 2011

on sept 2010 my wife and i purchased a 34 foot carrie light fifth wheel trailer we have had over 1500.00 dollars worth of hidden damage to trailer, including a slide out that was very obvious, and thats not all they purchased the hitich for me and where soupose to mpurchase rails and attach brackets for our 2007 dodge ram. then they recomended and individual, to install them. ya right incorect rails incorect instalation, that cost us and additional 238.00 and that was cheap. because the rv dealer that did the repairs, to the trailer had mercey on us. of course the guy that did the instalation. denies iot and cascade has argued the facts when i was there. i was even told to leave the proberty, but be late on a payment and they harras you, so im going to sue them. that has been recomended by several rv dealeers and private parties. in other words dont use them...

• Le
      19th of May, 2011

I purchased a beautiful 2003 Thor Wanderer 5th Wheel from Bud and live full time in it. I am quite pleased with my purchase and the price i bought it for. Apparently my extensive search for a nice RV gave me the knowledge to make such a good deal and my previous RV ownerships the ability to spot distressed units. I would not hesitate purchasing another RV from Bud and have recommended him to my friends and my neighbors here in my RV Park. They are all impressed with my new RV as am I. As a construction worker i would like to add that when a Real Estate Agent sells you a home they are not responsible for the condition of that home...YOU ARE!

• Ca
      20th of May, 2011

Thank you Les!

• Ca
      20th of May, 2011

We have hundreds of customers that appreicate what we do for them! We provide financing and a home for hundreds of people with bad credit. The customer that wrote the complaint doe not seem to be mentally stable. We have bent over backwards to please him. Even though his credit is horrible, we agreed to finance him because he is "loosing his house" ??? My Father is 85 (EIGHTY FIVE) YEARS OLD and trust people and helps them get back on their feet. But this unreasonable customer, Steven Jaque, does not deserve our help amy further. Since he has mentioned our business name and our given names, it is only fair to identify him. I wonder how many other businesses have had problems collecting payments from this man?
    He has written us bad checks and even missed a payment entirely because he paid his daughter's bill instead. He has been late on four out of five payments, plus the NSF, PLUS we let him "skip" a payment. We even issued a full payment, $450 credit, becuase he repaired the slide. Everytime a payment is due, he starts another compaint. We offered to pay for repairs. Even though the RV was purchased AS IS, we always try to be fair with our customers. He is not happy with the people he hired to install his hitch, so he is threatening to sue us?! We have gone above and beyond what the law requires us to do. However, since he is threatening us and slandering our good name on the internet, we have decided that we will issue no credits for anything. We are forwarding to Mr. Jaque photo copies of the Federal AS IS and implied warranteee paperwork, along with a PAST DUE NOTICE that we have not received his payment that was due 10 days ago. He is very fortunate that we have not repossessed our 5th Wheel. (?)

• Ro
      14th of Jan, 2012

Lisa, how can you treat potential buyers so rudely? Is it your nature to do so? I realize that you guys have been through some crazy scenarios with customers, but man, try and be nicer and provide some customer service. Word of mouth is usually the best business. Just because you deal with people who have bad credit doesn't mean you can treat them with dispespect and talk down to them. Some people go through some junk in their lives and a credit rating doesn't define "who" they are. I have nearly perfect credit but there was a time where I couldn't have bought a trash bag on credit. I'm still the same person. I don't get it. It takes less effort to be pleasant. I was in buying propane and witnessed you talking with a customer. I would be embarassed Lisa. My little $30.00 propane bottle won't be filled there again. I know you won't miss my business, but still...if you were talking pleasantly there would have been a better chance that I would send a buying customer to you.