Casablanca Ceiling Fans / Circuit Boards / Bunch of crap!

The motor on my expensive Casablanca Fan is only 2 yrs old. The circuit board is blown and I have to wait 60 days to get a new one, because everyone says they are back ordered from the factory. I think that means there are alot of blown circuit boards out there. The cost of the circuit board is running from $69. - $85., I did find one guy that wanted $125., I asked him why so much. He says they're in high demand. What a bunch of crap. I am probably going to go out and buy a new ( cheap ) fan, that will last a lot longer.

Ma

Comments

Pe
  9th of Apr, 2007

In recent years, Casablanca Fan Co. has become the mafia of ceiling Fans. the quality of the manufacturing process as gone BEYOND disposable fans., it now make Home Depot's Hampton Bay and other lesser quality fans look like Rolls-Royce of ceiling fans.

The prices for spare parts have triple each year since 2004, the finish products {fans, light kits and blades} have risen in price 80% since 2004, yet the quality is just not there anymore. To make matters more "joyful" and interesting for us consumers, they have implemented a Unilateral Mandatory Retail Price or UMRP for short, which is basically mandatory/predatory pricing which forces their dealers to follow a rule of reselling their products at higher-prices or risk loosing the rights to sell their crap if they sell for a reasonable price against other dealers.

They preach and brag they are the "World's Finest Ceiling Fans"'-- yeah right! More like the World's WORST OVERPRICE Crappy Ceiling Fans. They WERE the Finest Ceiling Fans, as in the past. The ONLY Casablanca ceiling fans worst having/owning are the old ones from the 1980's an early 1990's., The Cambridges, Spirit of Saturns, Panama 5s, Delta Slumber-Threes, Lady Deltas, Constellations, Zephyrs., Those were ALL good Casablanca fans.

Everything after 1996 when Hunter Fan Co., took over is pure garbage. Just like Hunter Fans themselves, disposable garbage. And they are basically an organized crime operation, a monopoly of fix pricing, cheap goods and abusive behavior towards the consumers.

DOWN with these two predatory manufacturers!!!

Wi
  13th of Aug, 2008

We have a Casablanca ceiling fan, and while it was running, the blade broke off. After it broke off, it hit the wall and put a mark on it and landed on my daughters bed. It was a good thing that she was not in the bed. I can't believe that a blade can snap off at the metal mounting bracket like it did. Pure garbage. And now I have to try to see what can be done with them sending a new bracket.

Before buying the expensive Casablanca fan with the Intellitouch control like the 6373T model, verify that the voltage in your home does not exceed 120V by 5% or more. If it does, buy a different fan. According to Casablanca Customer Service, the computer board on the fan communicates with the Intellitouch wall control and when the voltage exceeds 120V as mentioned, the signaling between the Intellitouch control and the computer board is interrupted, causing the fan to intermittently stop working or not work at all.

If you've already purchased the fan and are starting to have trouble with it outside of your warranty period, you may want to stop spending money on the replacement parts and convert to a remote control system for the fan. For the 6373T model (probably the same for other models too), you'll need these three parts: 9901190, the receiver board, 7801440, the wiring harness and 7801410, the w62 remote control. The three parts will cost you about $230 delivered if purchased from Casablanca. You can get it elsewhere on the Internet for less (try www.fanman.com). This will alleviate the fan troubles you’re having by taking the Intellitouch control and computer board out of the picture. The conversion is fairly easy and you’ll have six speeds to set your fan at instead of the five currently available with the Intellitouch system.

Casablanca should develop their Intellitouch system to handle voltage within 10% of 120V since voltage throughout the country can vary that much. Your utility company will not be adjusting the voltage for you so that your Casablanca fan might operate either.

Ho
  26th of Mar, 2010

If anything, Casablanca, or at least SOMEONE, should bring back those great designs that Casablanca once had. Nowadays, all that they have besides the Stealth and Bel Air Halo are cookie-cutter designs. Fans like the Venus Halo should be put back in the market. I mean, just LOOKING at the Venus Halo, or even just the Venus, can make someone happy. And the CONTROLS!!! What was with dumping the Comfort-Touch anyhow? It was a great control (even though I never had one), and the Advan-Touch only has "Security". I say burn the Advan-Touch and bring back the Comfort-Touch!!!

If anyone agrees with me about the controls or design of Casablanca Fan, feel free to email me at CasinOtaku@gmail.com. Hopefully, if I can get enough supporters of this cause, Casablanca may see all the mistakes that they made and bring back some of those good ole' designs. NO SPAM OR JUNK PLEASE!!!

Bo
  7th of Apr, 2010

I purchased the Casablanca Stealth snow white ceiling fan about two weeks ago. I chose this brand because of the quality I associated with the name, as well as the guarantee. Our electrician arrived and installed the fan, and the light didn't work. It would flash, but not remain on. I called Casablanca and was told they would have a repair person come by to fix the fan that afternoon, so the electrician left. By late afternoon, no call, no repair person. Called Casablanca again and was told the repair person would come by 2 days later, between 1pm and 4 pm. My husband left for work 2 hours late that day, waiting, and I left work 2 hours early, to wait and you guessed it-NO repairman. Called Casablanca again and they suggested we call their 'contracted' repair person ourselves. We called and the repair person said he wasn't coming because Casablanca wasn't paying him for his work in fullfilling Casablanca's guarantees. We called Casablanca today and were assured a repair person would call us this evening. Well, it's 10PM, do you know where our repair person is? Bottom line, this already pricey fan has cost us another 100$ to have it taken down, 4 hours of lost wages and endless aggravation. The guarantee is not worth the paper it is written on.

21st of Apr, 2010

Casablanca would never say that a service center will be out the same day as the service centers are independent. Its not dominos pizza. I'm going to have to call a fail on your comment.

21st of Apr, 2010

Mary, if you bought an expensive car would you take care of it? If you had to change the oil, would you? Would you assune that because you paid 45, 000 for said car that nothing would ever happen to ift? Never air up the tires? Change wiper blades? Just asking

Dr
  5th of Jun, 2010

In my last house I had 4 fans. One was a Casablanca. It is the only one that ever had problems.

Now I have a custom house and I put 10 fans in. 4 are Casablanca and the rest are other brands. I have had issues with 3 of the 4 Casablanca fans. I have had one issue with a Hunter fan but it was minor. One of the Casablanca fans cost almost a thousand dollars. We almost never use it, (as in about 10 times since installed just to show the room off). When it was about 18 months old the dimmer quit working. The light is on or off only. The two I have the most problems with have the Intellitouch controls. THEY SUCK!

I WOULD NEVER BUY ANOTHER PIECE OF GARBAGE FROM CASABLANCA.

Buy Minkair. Never an issue with any of those fans. Better balanced, quieter, always work correctly. No failures what so ever. Less costly than the Casablanca crab.

17th of Jun, 2010

Drummer 99, have you tried to call Casablanca about the issue? They would let you know that the Intellitouch fans cannot be used with a dimmer switch due to how the fans are controlled.

Tr
  14th of Aug, 2010

I have a Casablanca fan also. The Intellitouch control works intermittently. I hav to press the fan then the light to get the light to come on and sometimes it doesn't come on; sometimes it flickers. My electrician called Casablanca and they said that it is the circuit board and is a common issue. Since the company are well aware of this problem they should have some sort of recall for that purpose. It is a rip off to continue to sell products with known problems and not care to stand behind the product. I wonder if any of this is an official consumer protection violation and a lawsuit could be filed. Maybe that would make Casablanca pay attention and fix defective products.

Fr
  17th of Aug, 2010

I have 4 Casablanca fans and have had to replace the circuit boards in each one. This is a very poor product. I have recently heard that Casablanca is back ordered on boards until September while they had promised their dealers the boards in July. In the meantime, Casablanca is charging $140 for a board. I can't imagine a worse way to treat customers. I will likely replace all my fans as I'm tired of dealing with the poor quality of Casablanca fans.

Ju
  21st of Aug, 2010

I have two Casablanca Fans the first one, a Bresia, I bought in 2004 and it has been perfect (hope it lasts). The second a Stealth I bought four months ago. It makes strange sounds like ting-ting or klop just a few times a day, I seems to make the sounds on the low speeds. It is making them more and more. A repair guy came out under warranty and couldn't find anything (I wasn't particularly impressed with him). I've called Casablanca again and a manager was supposed to call me back in 24 to 48 hours but after fours days I haven't heard from them. I've taken the heat shields off because it sounds like it's hitting them, I've never heard it if I take both off but I still hear it with one off. One problem with trouble shooting the fan is that they have now documentation, no parts list or break out diagrams. Also it's hard to try and figure anything out when I can't get near the motor with big blades spinning. Does anyone know is there a site that explains fixes or at least has suggestions on what to do. Casablanca's repair web site basically said it's probably a loose wire or nut. I'm very unhappy with the product.

17th of Dec, 2010

I have 5 Casablanca fans, all with XLP motors: an older Cathay I just love, a Bel Aire and a Bel Air Halo, a nifty looking Verrazano in the LR and a functional Brescia? in kitchen. I have not had any problems with any of them in 3+years, but I would advise anyone who lives in the boonies like we do - Northern California - not to buy them because dealers go out of business around here and electricians don't know how to do them (we installed most of them ourselves) so the service issue would be a real problem - no "service centers" for 200 miles around so " who you gonna call? " I have had two Intelli touch W-32 wall controlls die on me, but it was my fault - I tried installing a second controller (different wall) for the same fan and botched it up. The Bel Airs can be noisy at lower speeds, maybe because the blades are oversize for the rooms I've installed them in but when you crank them up - they're quiet and heavenly! Not sure what I would install if I were buying today...

Ke
  6th of Jan, 2017

@NorCal1 Hi, I have an older Cathay that I brought...to Northern California...and tried to install it. I got a noise from the fan but nothing else so began my trek in trying to figure out how to fix it. I am thinking of trying a new receiver kit and/or a new W-32 wall controller...any advice? kelleyecrockett@yahoo.com

Dr
  31st of Dec, 2010

Yet another failure. I have now had another failure of the Inteli Touch control system. That makes two failures in this one fan. I am now on the hunt for parts. What a bunch of crap this control system is.

El
  17th of Jan, 2011

The house I purchased has Casablanca fans with the W-32 Controller. It is true that the owner's manual cautions to switch off the power at the breaker box when replacing a bulb in the light attachment. In real life these things can be forgotten. Why is it even necessary ? Electronic protection circuitry is widely used and inexpensive. A family member replaced a bulb and that blew the electronics card. Casablanca want $160+ for a new one. I'll pass on that and buy a fan that is designed for life on planet earth.

Ko
  23rd of Jan, 2011

IF YOU'RE EVEN CONTEMPLATING BUYING A CASABLANCA, DO YOURSELF A FAVOR AND SKIP IT. THEIR PRODUCTS FAIL NOTORIOUSLY AND PARTS ARE SUPER EXPENSIVE, NOT TO MENTION THE AGGRAVATION. IF THERE ARE ANY LAWYERS IN THIS POST, PERHAPS THERE IS ENOUGH FOR A CLASS ACTION.

Mo
  28th of Jan, 2011

COMPANY IN DISINTEGRATION!!!, Don't order from this company if you need a light fixture to go along with the fan. Casablanca is still using their 2010 catalog to order from. The problem with ordering out of their 2010 cataloge, is many of the items there within are no longer in production.
Most Casablanca retailers stock a minimal amount of Casablanka products & have to order your purchase from Casablanca once you make the purchase." especially companies that operate through the internet".
Casablanca is so disorganized, here we are at the end of jan. 2011 & their customer service told me they won't have the 2011 cataloge available untill the end of Feb., or into March
So here I am haveing ordered a fan & a light fixture to only find out the next day the light fixture is no longer available & where I'm mounting the fan needs a light also. So what do I do, wait untill Feb Or Martch to find out what light fixtures are adaptable to my fan or take the fan back & start my search for a fan & light fixture all over again.

Mo
  28th of Jan, 2011

Beware of major companies that operate out of suites. Once a good name in dsintegration. The 80's junk bond era isn't over, companies are still being purchased to be dismanteled & run into ths ground . Companies like Casablanca proves that.

Wr
  19th of Feb, 2011

I just had a two year old Casablanca fan repaired at a service center for a customer. Cost her over $200 plus my labor costs.. Ridiculous for an expensive ceiling fan!!! They replaced the receiver that only carries a 90-day warranty along with the motor which was just fine before the service co. got a hold of it.

Fi
  21st of Apr, 2011

I have been a service tec. for casablaca fans for over 26 years. These fans are the best fans you can buy.there are millions sold and very little need fixing. I handle the hole east coast, from ct. ny. to fl. and all over the world. If you dont get the propere service call me I will make sure your very happy with the fan. my web. site is www.fixmycasablacafan.com