CarTrawler / mistaken credit card debit after reservation of flight and car rental

Auderghem, BE

Dear Sir, Madam,

Referring to exchange of information with Thrifty services and Ryanair services, I am contacting you regarding my query that unfortunately still hasn’t been solved. I have proceeded on the 23rd January 2017 to a reservation via Ryair website for both flight (reservation number J1SNPE) with destination Dublin departure Brussels and car rental (reservation number IE750258410).

I have been debited on my credit card for an amount far more important than the amount of the reservation concerned. Indeed, I was debited for 3.173, 79€ instead of 1.445, 65€ (car rental) + 289, 64€ (flights). If needed, I can send you copy of my credit card statement, proving that there is a mistake, the amounts not corresponding.

Neither Ryanair nor Thrifty can answer my request as you will read in the exchange emails below, the latest one informing me that you are the company that took the money on my credit card and that can help me.

Therefore, I thank you in advance to repay the difference in full payment or if need be, inform me about the necessary steps I should undertake to get my money back debited by mistake.

I thank you in advance for your understanding.

Looking forward to reading your comments, I send you my best regards.

Emails with Thrifty
De : Webmaster_BE [mailto:[protected]@hertz.com]
Envoyé : vendredi 24 mars 2017 17:26
À : Severine Dejasse
Objet : FW: DTAG Enquiry - Help with a booking

Dear mr Mairlot

Thank you for your e-mail.

Unfortunately I cannot see what has been debited as your booking and flights were not paid to Thrifty .

The carrental was paid to Cartrawler, so please contact them for any question concerning your rental .

Yours faithfully

Thrifty Internet Helpdesk

An enquiry has been made via the contact us form on www.thrifty.be

Customer Name: PHILIPPE MAIRLOT
Email Address: severine.[protected]@magemar.com

Telephone Number: 32 [protected]
Country Of Residence: Belgique
Destination Country: Irlande
Query Type: Help with a booking
Reservation ID: IE750258410
Comments: Dear Sir, Madam, Referring to my yesterday’s conversation with one of your employees, I am contacting you regarding my query that unfortunately still hasn’t been solved. I have been debited on my credit card for an amount far more important than the amount of the reservation concerned. Indeed, I booked both flight and car rental and I was debited for 3.173, 79€ instead of 1.445, 65€ (car rental) + 289, 64€ (flights). For your understanding, you will find enclosed the voucher for the car rental number IE750258410. If needed, I can send you my credit card statement, proving that there is a mistake, the amounts not corresponding. I thank you in advance to repay the difference in full payment or if need be, inform me about the necessary steps I should undertake to get my money back debited by mistake. I thank you in advance for your understanding. Looking forward to reading your comments, I send you my best regards. Philippe Mairlot

The Hertz Corporation, 14501 Hertz Quail Springs Parkway, PO Box 269033, Oklahoma City, OK, [protected], U.S.A

Emails with Ryanair

BRUDUB
Our Ref. 1463312/J1SNPE/ALA
Philippe.[protected]@magegroup.com

Dear Mr Mairlot,

We refer to your online enquiry dated 23rd March 2017.

We regret to learn of the difficulties you encountered with regard to your car hire connections.

As per Ryanair’s Terms and Conditions agreed to at the time of booking we can confirm however that although we can advise passengers of the cheapest means of connection to and from an airport, we are not responsible for the actual operation of the service and no payment is taken by the airline.

We suggest that you contact the car hire company directly.

We regret that we cannot be of assistance on this occasion.

Yours sincerely,

Ryanair Customer Service Department

De : Severine Dejasse De la part de Philippe MAIRLOT
Envoyé : jeudi 23 mars 2017 14:10
À : '[protected]@ryanair.com'
Objet : RE: IE750258410 Query

Dear Sir, Madam,

Referring to my email below and to my yesterday’s conversation with one of your employees, I am contacting you regarding my query that unfortunately still hasn’t been solved.

Indeed, as you will read in the exchange below, I have been debited on my credit card for an amount far more important than the amount of the reservation concerned, 3.173, 79€ instead of 1.445, 65€ (car rental) + 289, 64€ (flights).

For your understanding, you will find enclosed copy of the booking with reservation number J1SNPE with destination Dublin departure Brussels.
Please also find enclosed the voucher for the car rental number IE750258410, together with my credit card statement, proving that there is a mistake, the amounts not corresponding.

I thank you in advance for your understanding.

Looking forward to reading your comments, I send you my best regards.

De : Philippe MAIRLOT
Envoyé : dimanche 12 mars 2017 09:47
À : Ryanair Carhire Support
Objet : RE:IE750258410 Query

Dear Angelica,

Thanks for your message.
There is still a problem with the fact that in my credit card statement, I have been debited with 3173.59 € and not the 1495.66 € you mention; even adding my flights ticket, I am far from this sum.
Would you suggest me to control with my bank or can you check your side ?

Many thanks in advance,

________________________________________
De : Ryanair Carhire Support [[protected]@cartrawler.com]
Envoyé : mardi 7 mars 2017 2:32
À : Philippe MAIRLOT
Objet : Re: IE750258410 Query
Dear Philippe,
Thank you for your e-mail regarding the payment details.
The total cost of your rental is 1495.66(EUR) The amount of 1445.65(EUR) has already been paid online and the remaining 50.01(EUR) will be paid at the rental desk.
You can also view the car rental payment details and receipts or manage your booking and make payments on our Web Portal: https://www.cartrawlersupport.com/
I would like to take this opportunity to remind you to print the confirmation voucher and present it upon your arrival together with your driving licence and a credit card in the main driver’s name.
Kind Regards,

Website: https://car-hire.ryanair.com

On 3/6/2017 7:25:59 AM, cartrawler support wrote:
Customer Name: Philippe

Customer Surname: Mairlot

Problem Details: Good day, On my credit card statement, I have an amount of 3173.59 € and it does not correspond to my bookings for my flights and car I have made on the 06 Feb 2017. My two reservation numbers are : IE750258410 and J1SNPE Could you please check and tell me what happened ? Many thanks in advance, Kind Regards, Philippe Mairlot

Customer Email: PHILIPPE.[protected]@MAGEGROUP.COM