carter and carter / charges

carter and carter financial
Phone: 08005878519
This company took £150 from my account and provided me with a credit search for this fee.
I phoned the company and after approx 1hr 15mins of being on hold i got through and surprise surprise i was transfered to another dept and put on hold for a further 15mins.
I spoke then to a loans advisor who told me i was being charged for the administration work carried out.
I asked them what admin work as all my details were sent to them by a third party so they had no work to do there and the only work they did was to take my bank details and do a credit search.
A credit search is free of charge online so i told them this and that for what work they did do £150 was a very extortionate fee.
I was asked if i had recieved any paper work from themselves to which i replied no.
I was told some would be coming out shortly to which i replied i told them at the time that i didnt want to go through with the application as i would not be able to read the terms and conditions of the loan without being charged a fee.
I also asked for the name of the company offering the loan to which i was told they did not have that information and i found this rather disturbing hence the reason for not going through with the loan application.
I was told to write a letter to themselves stating what has happened and stating that i want a refund of all money.
I will be doing this today and they will recieve it no later than tomorrow.
We shall see if they are as they appear to be which is fraudsters.
Please if you have contact with this company DO NOT GIVE THEM YOUR BANK DETAILS.
Just worth a mention aswel is the fact that i cant remember them ever telling me their company name and i only found it out after checking with my bank.
They even trade through moneysupermarket though i dont believe that moneysupermarket know exactly how they do their trading but i shall be sending an email tothem also.
Mr A.T.Denholm. posted 20/04/2009

N  9th of Apr, 2009 by

carter and carter - fraudulent company
easy step loans
England, Merseyside
United Kingdom

This is a fraulent company.They get your card details puropting to verify id then debit money.Dont use them.If anyone has had this done to them get your bank's fraud team to investigate.The more people do this then this louts will be put out of bussiness and prosecuted.
A  14th of May, 2009 by
I too was a victim of this company having had a chaege of £200 taken with out my permission on the pretext that they needed details of where to send the money from the loan they had promised. But, I managed to successfully claim indemnity through my bank within seven days and I have had a full, yes full, refund. Persevere and use your banks fraud team to get your money back.
N  4th of Jun, 2009 by

carter and carter - administration fee
England, East Sussex
United Kingdom

Carter and Carter has deducted a fee of 149.99 pounds and pence from my account without any formal agreement from me and my bank.The services that were agreed to be provided from them were never received by myself and I wish to have my money back.
I understand their policy of an adminstration fee if I do not receive the service I required and as I have not received any services, I require my money back for services not rendered.