Carson Pirie Scott / Furniture Damage

1 Vernon Hills, IL, United States

I purchase furniture and the warranty on a dining room set from Carsons. We pulled the leaf out of the bag and noticed the bottom of the table leaf had been warped. When I called to report this to Carsons, they sent out one of their repair persons to look at the damages. The credenza had a flaw in the granite, and of course the leaf was warped on the bottom of the bag. The repair man used his "color" pen to darken the warped leaf and stated that the delivery person probably put this down in the snow. Since I did not use the leaf for months afterwards, it had warped. The flaw in the granite was a raised circular flaw. After the repair man's departure, he stated customer service would call me. No call, so I decided to check on the status of the replacement items. I was told today that these were attributed to normal wear and tear and would not be replaced. Therefore taking the additional insurance out was a waste of time and money. Carson's had no intention of replacing any items that would damaged in shipment or flaws. My advise to you is to NEVER purchase anything from this company as they do not back up what they sell.

Ka