Carrier heat pump/air conditioner / service call

1 Florence, SC, United States
Phone: 843 673-0491

Called for yearly maintenance service for heat pump. Customer service person told me that I had 2 free maintenance services before 12/08. We set up an appointment and she told me they could set a date, but could only say the hours between 8 and 5 PM. I told her I had to be at work at noon and would like them to come in the morning. She said she would put that in the file, but could only guarantee that I could call that day to see when they were coming. The day of the service I called 4 my home at 10:30(since no one had come by then). to see when the service man was coming. They said they would have the person call me right away to let me know. The customer service person also guaranteed me that there was no charge for this service. At 11:30 I had to go to work so I wanted to give the service person my husband's work number to call in case he didn't get anyone at home. Customer service said they would do that. The service person called at noon and cancelled our service because no one answered the call. My husband was on his way home at this time. I called the service again and said that I had left a message and they should not have cancelled the service. They called about an hour later and the service was on again. The service man called my husband and asked him if he knew how much this was going to cost us. My husband said that I told him it was free. He said absolutety not and it would cost us $100 for him just to come out. That wouldn't include anything he needed to do. He said that we had to pay him. My husband cancelled the service call. We would like to have our unit serviced, but do not feel that we will ever know if anything was serviced or if something would be done to the unit to make more money for them.