carribean cruise lines / Too short & unsafe!

1 FL, United States Review updated:

I am a 47-year-old woman from Detroit and I took my 18-year-old daughter on this cruise. We departed from Palm Beach on Day 1 at 5:00pm. This was my first cruise and I was looking forward to all the wonderful food. Dinner served at 6pm was good, however the servings were very small and I had to keep asking for more and had long wait times, since the wait staff is inadequate for the amount of passengers. Later that night there was a free "pasta bar" available for the passengers for free, however the quality was that of a cheap all-you-can-eat buffet... one I would not eat at. They had a beautiful dessert bar which THEY CHARGED FOR...and it was not cheap...$5.00 for a slice of cheesecake... no, I never bought anything. Breakfast the next morning was cheap hotel buffet food...nothing special. Day 2 my daughter and I payed $200.00 to leave the ship and spend the day at the wonderful OUR LUCAYA RESORT which is wonderful! We were taken by bus to the resort, given a paper wrist band, like a cheap bar, given a towel and another cafeteria quality lunch from 10am-4pm. We were not treated like a hotel guest, but like a visitor who should be grateful to be allowed on the beach for the day. I would like to return again to the resort, as a guest. Back at the boat to set sail by 5pm, another cafeteria dinner. We had to make it an early night because we had to get off the boat by 9am the next morning. Crappy Cruise. When my daughter was harassed on board by a group of 18-year-old boys, other male passengers had to get them to stop, because the cruise ship has no security to keep their passengers safe! I thanked God when my daughter and I got off safely, after being harassed going through customs. The agents tried to intimidate me into paying them off to get through customs. Please, never trust yourself or your family to this cruise company. I included a photo of our boat, Bahamas Celebration. If you see this boat RUN AWAY!!!

carribean cruise lines

More carribean cruise lines Complaints & Reviews

Comments

14th of Jan, 2013
    carribean cruise lines - Two night Cruise and selling time shares
    Carribean Cruise Lines

I received a phone call and I was pressured to buy in a two night cruise from Carribean Cruise Lines . Sails from Ft . Lauderdale . Sail one night, land on Bahamas the next morning, go to the grand lucayan resort . Stay there for two days . Then sail back to Ft . Lauderdale . I have requested the company to upgrade my cruise experinence to more than two days . i am willing to pay the money . seems like I cannot cancel and no refunds and even no changes . In the internet lots of people complaining for this crusie as they sell time shares either in the ship or in the grand lucayan resort . I want to cancel my crusie and want a full refund . Can some one help me pls

15th of Jan, 2013

Thanks for your comments . I need to get out of this deal, either by cancelling - which is not possibe or upgrading to a better crusing experience which also looks as it is not possible at all . So I am badly stuck . Any help any ideas ...