CarpetMaster / Awful experience with CarpetMaster

Carpeting: I had a horrible experience when I recently purchased 95 yards of carpet and pad from CarpetMaster in Latham. They did not remove the old pad and install the new pad even though i paid for the pad and the removal of the old pad and installation of the new pad.

They did not come when scheduled. On the scheduled day they came 5 hours late. I had already moved all the small items out of the rooms to be carpeted. I asked the salesman when i purchased the carpet if the doors would fit over the new carpet because it was much thicker than what i currently had. He had been to my home twice and said he was in the carpet business for 16 years and assured me there would not be a problem. When the installer came he said the closet doors would not fit. CarpetMaster charged me $170 to trim the doors even though they assured me there would not be a problem.

This was an awful experience. I hope no one else has to go through this!!!

Comments

• Ba
      5th of Apr, 2011
    CarpetMaster - Horrible experience
    CarpetMaster

I had a horrible experience when I recently purchased 100 yards of carpet and pad from CarpetMaster in Latham, NY. They did not remove the old pad and install the new pad even though I paid for the pad and the removal of the old pad and installation of the new pad. On the scheduled day they came several hours late. CarpetMaster also charged me $200 to trim the doors even though they assured me twice there would not be a problem.