Carol Dixon / baggage handlers

1 Banora Point, New South Wales, AU

On Saturday 18th November 2017 I was waiting in the Departure Lounge, Brisbane, soon to board flight VA59 to Vanuatu. We could see some very heavy rain had started and we were told that "boarding had been delayed because of the heavy rain and would commence as soon as it stopped". Eventually the rain stopped and we boarded. When we collected our luggage at Vanuato we noticed that the top of my bag was wet - all other bags of my travelling companions were dry. We had a car meet us and travel to our accomodation via a couple of errands. When I checked my bag I found it was totally wet all over. The top and bottom layer of clothing and documents, toilet bag etc. were wet and all the rest in between were damp. I had to hang them all up till the next day before I could wear them. When the baggage handlers stopped working and headed for cover from the heavy rain, why wasn't the luggage covered. Very careless, irresponsible and thoughtless handling of our property in your care. Is this always the procedure when a downfall occurs? I would appreciate your attention to this matter. Sincerely, Carol Dixon. Email: [protected]@gmail.com telephone [protected]. Tickets for my flights were booked by my daughter, Michelle Curry.

Fr