[Resolved] Carnival Cruise Lines / refund for insurance fee of trip cancelled by carnival

Cruise booking # 6XL2Z0
SAILING: CARNIVAL VALOR AUG 31-SEPT. 4

Our cruise was cancelled due to Hurricane Harvey. All funds were refunded except the $49 insurance payment. I can understand funds not being refunded had I voluntarily canceled my trip. But due to circumstances beyond anyone's control, I should not be forced to forfeit my funds due to unsubstantiated circumstances. This would have been my first encounter with this vendor and in the future I'll be certain to make wiser choices and advise others to also follow suit. I view this as poor customer service on behalf of the Carnival Cruise Lines.

Respectfully,

• Resolution statement

• Carnival Cruise Lines Customer Care's Response, Nov 15, 2017

Hello,

We have reviewed your request, please note that when a booking is cancelled the system automatically keeps the vacation protection plan premium. We do not show anyone contacting us regarding having those fees waived. The amount of $49 has been refunded back to the form of payment made on the reservation please allow 7 to 10 business days for the refund to reflect on the credit card. Should you have any questions please contact our service desk.

Sincerely,