[Resolved] Carnival Cruise Lines / refund for insurance fee of trip cancelled by carnival
Cruise booking # 6XL2Z0
SAILING: CARNIVAL VALOR AUG 31-SEPT. 4
Our cruise was cancelled due to Hurricane Harvey. All funds were refunded except the $49 insurance payment. I can understand funds not being refunded had I voluntarily canceled my trip. But due to circumstances beyond anyone's control, I should not be forced to forfeit my funds due to unsubstantiated circumstances. This would have been my first encounter with this vendor and in the future I'll be certain to make wiser choices and advise others to also follow suit. I view this as poor customer service on behalf of the Carnival Cruise Lines.
Customer care service did everything in their power to resolve this complaint. All attempts to contact the complainant have failed. Therefore, this complaint has been annulled and must not be considered where image of the company in question and it's services are concerned.
Carnival Cruise Lines Customer Care's Response, Nov 15, 2017
We have reviewed your request, please note that when a booking is cancelled the system automatically keeps the vacation protection plan premium. We do not show anyone contacting us regarding having those fees waived. The amount of $49 has been refunded back to the form of payment made on the reservation please allow 7 to 10 business days for the refund to reflect on the credit card. Should you have any questions please contact our service desk.
More Carnival Cruise Lines Complaints & Reviews
- Carnival Cruise Lines - purchase jewelry through approved store 
- Carnival Cruise Lines - unhealthy air 
- Carnival Cruise Lines - terrible experience 
- Carnival Cruise Lines - fraud and cheating 
- [Resolved] Carnival Cruise Line - hell experience from cruise - on board crime 
- Carnival Cruise Lines - carnival sensation - january 7 to 12 2017 - caribbean cruise 
- [Resolved] Carnival Cruise Lines - deposit and booking
- [Resolved] Carnival Cruise Lines - overpaying for gratuities and changing the itinerary
- [Resolved] Carnival Cruise Lines - the ship sunshine
- [Resolved] Carnival Cruise Lines - poor services to a disabled senior citizen