[Resolved] Carnival Cruise Lines / carnival cancelled - need airline reimbursement

Williamston, MI, United States Review updated:

I was booked on the Carnival Cruise - Fascination - Cruise was cancelled due to Fascination being used to house Puerto Rico workers. I contacted American Airlines and they refused to reimburse me the 495.70 x 2 for my husband and myself. Carnival said that they would reimburse us up to 400.00 per person for any out of pocket losses. My booking # 6RV4H7001. Called Carnival and they said to fill this out. Please contact me at [protected]@aol.com

• Resolution statement

• Carnival Cruise Lines Customer Care's Response, Oct 25, 2017

Dear Mrs. Morrissey,

We apologize if you were misadvised we would never advised to write to the complaint board for review. Please submit all required paperwork to [protected]@carnival.com for review of any change fees. Please make sure to include your Booking number with all correspondence in order to review your request correctly you will have to provide a copy of your cancelled air with copy of your new air showing you have been accessed a change fee and we will compensate up to $400 per person based on the change fee assessed by the airline. We are aware that the airlines provided our guest with a credit for the non-refundable or in some cased issued a refund for the air therefore no compensation will be provided for the air portion.

Sincerely,
    Guest Administration

• Carnival Cruise Lines Customer Care's Response, Mar 30, 2018

Dear Mrs. Morrissey,

We are sorry to hear you have not received a response about the air reimbursement. Please submit any air change or cancellation fees that were assessed by the airlines to [protected]@carnival.com. We require the documents to review and process reimbursements. Also, in the subject line please provide the booking number and a mailing address for the reimbursement check to be mailed. We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you.

Sincerely,

Guest Administration

Ro
Oct 24, 2017

Comments

• Lb
      Mar 28, 2018

This happened to me as well. I'm still fighting to get my reimbursement. I've emailed Carnival multiple times and have received no response. I've called, and was told they would only speak with Expedia cruise consultants about it. It is now March 28, and my cancelled cruise was last November.