Carnival Cruise Lines / worst cruise!
Carnival I cannot express how horribly disappointed we were with the cruise experience with your ship Ecstasy 3/26/09-3/30/09. How can so many things possibly go wrong on one ship? Lets start a Fun List.
1. There were no door hanger menus in our room [E-68] to have coffee etc. delivered to our room in the morning. I asked the personnel who delivered to other rooms how I could get these door hangers. Her response was they should be in the room. I went to the purser's office and spoke to a uniformed person there who assured me he would take care of it. They never arrived. This may be a small matter for you but a big matter for me and it was not handled.
2. The main dining area my water glass was always empty and never voluntarily filled.
3. At the open seating breakfast I asked how I could get a booth. This was never addressed, the no comprendo was used to silence me.
4. The continuous mistakes in the daily ship paper. Totally unacceptable
5. The no show of personnel at the 1:30 scrap booking really did not set well with my other half. Blame it on a personnel problem or the daily paper nether seems to know what they are doing.
6. four ships personnel including one who tried herself could not get the ships phone to room working. I was told and watched a crewmember dial the floor 7 and then the room number 66 to talk with my sister who was in that room. I per-chance myself put a zero in the equation the next day and bingo. That’s incredible
7. Debarkation. That was the most incredible mess I have ever been associated with. Pure mismanagement. My sis decided they would take the early disembark and carry there luggage. I ‘m sure they would not have had they been told the elevators were shut off and they had to struggle with everyone else down one staircase for five floors. The other was blocked off. Talk about a fire hazard. We had decided to check our bags the night before and were waiting in our assigned area for them to call our number. It was a while before a crew member showed up and told us we had to leave. I told him they had not called our number and I do not want to wait in a long line. He said do not worry you have to go and I will unlock an elevator to send you down, no lines. So we left down in the elevator to a mass of people trying to get off. The joke is when we finally got to customs my sis and her husband who had the early disembark were far, far behind us.
8. How can you have personnel that are so disrespectful as to tell you to just shut up and stay in line when you ask a question? You might want to ask Micki Harrison that question, she works for you. I know the Micki is the right name not sure if it was Harrison but if you want to know you’ll find out. There can’t be another carnival employee working the customs line with the name Micki
9. Why are the independent porters allowed to take people directly to the front for the customs line, by-passing people who have waited patiently for over an hour? Just because they have there baggage? I can see taking the baggage but the people must go to the same line as everyone else.
10. Late, we were promised a 9am landing at Cozumel. I got off with a large crowd at 1:30 and there were many behind me which screwed the whole day up. Who would believe, Late again leaving. I don’t think we actually got under way until nearly 7 pm apprx.
These are a few of the reasons that I will never cruise carnival again and will do my best to see others do not make the same mistake as us.
More Carnival Cruise Lines Complaints & Reviews
- Carnival Cruise Lines - purchase jewelry through approved store 
- Carnival Cruise Lines - unhealthy air 
- Carnival Cruise Lines - terrible experience 
- Carnival Cruise Lines - fraud and cheating 
- [Resolved] Carnival Cruise Line - hell experience from cruise - on board crime 
- Carnival Cruise Lines - Delay/Debarkation Process/Most of the Cruise in general
- Carnival Cruise Lines - travel insurance
- Carnival Cruise Lines - cheers package
- Carnival Cruise Lines - requesting full refund
- Carnival Cruise Lines - service