Carnival Cruise Line / nightmare cruise

1 Miami, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1888 Carnival

My boyfriend and I just got back from a 7 day cruise on the Carnival Triumph, The Eastern Caribbean Cruise. It was the worst experience of my life. I spent a lot of money to travel from California to Miami to go on my one vacation of the year and it was all ruined by Carnival. It was my boyfriend’s birthday and he was completely let down as well. First off, they knew before we boarded the ship that they were going to have to cancel the Bahamas port, and didn’t tell anyone until we were already on the ship and moving, which was so horrible. They said it was the weather, although on the way back the Bahamas port was great and sunny, but they still kept us on the boat the whole time. We had 5 days at sea and only were able to get off the ship two times. The service was the worst I have ever experienced. The people were rude, and grumpy. Everything fun to do cost money, and the free activities were repeated, exactly the same. They were soo boring, I would rather have sat in my stateroom, which was dirty, and I had holes in my sheets. Blood Stains on my sheets. It was disgusting; they play the movies over and over again instead of having new ones daily, like advertised. The food, o my, where do I start, the food was just plain disgusting. I eggs every morning were soggy. The bacon stuck in clumps and tasted horrific. The lunch was hard, chewy, most of the time overcooked, whatever it may be, and if you ordered a chicken sandwich and opened it up to take off what you asked them to not put on in the beginning, you would find that there was barely any chicken on it at all, once time in my Chicken Fajita Wrap I opened it up to find ONE piece of hard chicken, it was awful. I threw up almost every meal, because it caused me a stomach ache. When they told us they were canceling the Grand Turk port. They offered us $20.00 a person, just like they did with the Bahamas port. Can you believe that, from a $2000.00 dollar cruise, I saw 2 places, and got $40.00 bucks back. All my excursion were canceled and it took days to receive my refund. Which still has not posted to my bank account? I won money in the casino, which was great, but nowhere near compensated for the time, money, efforts, and everything else I put into trying to make this a nice cruise for my boyfriend’s birthday. I would have been happier staying home. I found out Royal Caribbean was at the Bahamas the 5 day we were at sea, why could they have not taken us to the their private owned island? Because another one of their ships were using it? Come on... we were supposed to go there earlier in the week, why not take us there on the way back, because they knew the more they kept us on the ship, the more money they made, on drinks, games, gambling, and all the other bogus activities they had that somehow always cost money. I felt totally freaked out by all the characters they had as well, they would pretty much force you to take pictures with these creepy looking things. So annoying. Someone trying to sell you something everywhere you looked. The sushi was the worst, totally fishy, and pretty much I had the worst vacation of my life. I have cruised Royal Caribbean before, and it was a wonderful experience, in fact it was also in hurricane season, September, and it was an amazing time. The ship was cleaner, the food was sooo wonderful, the service/people working on the boat was wonderful, and the activities were amazing ;) If you want to cruise, take Royal Caribbean ;)

Ni

Comments

Ka
  25th of Sep, 2008

NO DON'T TAKE ROYAL CARIBBEAN AND HERE'S WHY:

Do you want to take a vacation and have an awful time? Do you want to spend a lot of money for a vacation only to find out you would have rather flushed that money down the toilet? If your answer is yes to the above questions then I suggest that you take a cruise on Royal Caribbean.

8 of us from work decided a year ago to save our money and take a nice cruise to Bermuda on Royal Caribbean...WRONG!!! When we docked in Bermuda we spent the first day on the beaches. On the way back we were in a bus accident, thank God none of us were hurt badly, we basically just got a few cuts.

To make a very long story short...The police came onboard that night to take our statements about the accident. It was when we were at dinner when they showed up. They went to the main desk asking for us and instead of paging us or looking up what dinner seating we had they basically did nothing other than left a message on our phone telling us the police were onboard for our statements and that they would be back the next day at 10:00 A.M.

We knew that 10:00 would be too late since we wanted to take the Ferry and go over to Hamilton for some sightseeing and shopping. We asked the desk to please call the police dept. and tell them to come onboard at 9:00. The following day we find out that they NEVER called them and we ended up waiting until 11:30 when we finally said, "Forget this the ship is leaving here at 4:00 P.M. and we haven't even seen Hamilton yet so we went back to our cabins, got ready and left the ship.

We had 1 1/2 hours to see Hamilton before we had to get back on the Ferry in order to make it back to the ship on time before it departed. As we got back on some of our names were being paged, when we answered the page we were told that the police are onboard to take our statements.

The communication between the Royal Caribbean employees to us and the police were awful. I spoke to a woman from Royal Caribbean and the bottom line was this...The staff are NOT obligated to page or find you onboard, they do though have to leave a message on your phone in the cabin.

Now, like I said to the women on the phone, "if we had committed a crime and the police were onboard looking for us DON'T TELL ME that the staff wouldn't have done everything in their power to find us". Also why is it that they didn't page us the first night that the police came but they surely paged us the next day an hour before the ship was to leave.

I am SO disappointed in Royal Caribbean and their unprofessional staff not to mention that we lost an entire day because of their lack of communication. We all saved up all year long for this trip only to have it ruined by them.

I have heard a few bad things about Royal Caribbean but I decided to go anyway (MY MISTAKE). I have been online reading not so good things about them I had only wished that I would have read all of these articles before wasting my money.

Royal Caribbean you got us this time but it will NEVER happen again, thanks for a cruise that none of us will EVER forget!!! People before booking with them PLEASE go online and research the things that I have read about them AFTER I got home.

And also, I am not on here to get a free cruise from Royal Caribbean nor do I want a discount because using them again will never happen and I told the representative this on the phone.
Posted by Karen at 4:16 PM

Al
  21st of Nov, 2008

I have been on probably 20 cruises, 10 with Carnival and three with Royal Caribbean. Can't complain about any of them. Any time you sail during hurricane season, you can expect to have ports cancelled. The cruise lines do this for YOUR safety, not because they want to make more money. Too many people get too stressed out over little things. You're on vacation for God's sake. Relax!!!

Fu
  11th of Nov, 2010

The author, Nicole, mentioned did not complain about the cruise during hurricane season. In regards to the Royal Caribbean cruise: "in fact it was also in hurricane season, September, and it was an amazing time"

She complained about the Carnival one in fair-weather.

Did you not read it?