Carney Educational Services / no pay

Palmdale ca, CA, United States Review updated:

This is a company that provides tutoring services to disadvantaged students. They are paid by individual school district.

I was expecting my first paycheck on April 15, 2012. It was never deposited. I was able to speak with the regional director in San Diego. Endless attempts to contact people in management in Palmdale have been fruitless.

I began researching this and have come across endless complaints all of which are identical.I'm trying to plan my recourse and I think that the school district for which I tutor is the place to start

Comments

• Li
      29th of Apr, 2012

The office of the Superintendent of Education for the State of California in Sacramento has a division for after school programming. I would advise all tutors who have not been paid yet provided tutoring services to contact them - just google California Director of Education in Sacramento and you can find the link. They will need to know what county you worked in and they take this seriously. I have already begun the process as I am also a victim of Carney Ed. Services. I have had the same experience with buying my own supplies and providing tutoring services for kids 6 days per week with out payment. Good luck and if enough people complain about this to the right authorities, they will be shut down.

• Ni
      1st of May, 2012

Hello,

I have also been waiting for a paycheck from Carney since December 2011. It took them 3 months to tell me what the problem was and why I hadn't received my paycheck. I was told that I would soon receive my money, but it has been 2 months later and I still have heard nothing from them. If anyone knows what can be done or who I need to contact in order to speed up the process please let me know. I am a student who has bills to pay. What has Carney done with the money they were supposed to pay me?

• Cy
      16th of May, 2012

I also work for them and have not got paid since February 2012. I could never get a hold of anyone regarding this issue yet if anything else is wrong they email right away.

23rd of Jul, 2012

i worked for carney for a couple of months and havent been paid. i filed a wage claim so that hopefully i can finally get paid. if anyone has filed a claim and gone to a hearing please let me know how that went. or if theres anything else i can do stop this company from keeping doing this to others.

• St
      24th of Jul, 2012

I worked for Carney for many years and I have had the issues of not getting paid on time, but I have always been paid. They are struggling like many other companies and I wouldn't file a claim possibly putting them out of business and never get paid. They have always paid, yes maybe late but they paid. I remain confident that these students we service are getting what they need in ways of great educational services by us.

24th of Jul, 2012

Well steve you are lucky you have been paid cause I worked for a couple of months and haent been paid. I was supposed to get my first check dec of last year and so far nothing so I had to file a wage claim. I obviously worked cause I need the money and it's not fair that I don't get paid. I think I have waited long enough.

• St
      26th of Jul, 2012

I actually got to sit down and talk with Mike Carney and he told me the hardships that the company is going through and I believe he was being truthful. Reason being is I got paid and I heard some others are getting paid. Slowly but they are getting paid. He said that he could have bankrupted the company and not have to pay anyone. He also told me that and I saw that the Palmdale office he has laid off most of the staff to try to stay in business and repay everybody.

• Tr
      3rd of Oct, 2012

READER beware!!! I worked for Carney (as a Program Director) and I am here to tell you that this company not only has a bad reputation, but they are dis honest, un professional, and the laughing stock of the after-school and SES world. I have been in CA after school world for over 14 years. This is the worst company I have ever worked for, that includes fast food...lolz. All the things that I read, are the same things that Mike was saying and doing EVEN when the company had $$ and was successful. They are greedy and not truthful. I still keep in contact with many of the former employees of this company and we all agree: the sooner there is no more Carney as a company, the better off the world will be. Take it from me, I was burnt. I am glad I quit before it got to this. Thankfully I am a teacher now, but I can't tell you enough STEER CLEAR OF MIKE CARNEY! GO to the labor board and file your case and I suggest you get a lawyer, and have them send him a letter to recoup your money. If that does not work, then go to the school district to alert them of this fraudulent behavior. whatever you do, don't feel sorry for Mike. He has made lots of $$ on the backs of hard working people like yourself and off the backs of innocent children. shameful.

• Be
      19th of Nov, 2012

Has anyone gotten paid the money they were owed from Carney after filing a claim with the labor board and having a court hearing? I just had my court hearing last week and I'm just waiting to hear back from the labor board.