carmax-extended warranties / carmax scams

1 arlington, United States

I PURCHASED A VEHICLE FROM CARMAX IN OCTOBER AND WHEN PURCHASING THE SALES REP KEPT PUSHING ME INTO BUYING AN EXTENDED WARRANTY FOR $5, 000, AFTER SEVERAL PERSUASIVE REQUESTS, I ACCEPTED. A MONTH LATER, I VISITED WITH MY FATHER ABOUT THE EXTENDED WARRANTY AND SEARCHED THE INTERNET THAT INFACT MY CAR STILL HAD THE MANUFACTURER'S WARRANTY, WHICH COVERED MORE THAN THE WARRANTY I PURCHASED. THE NEXT DAY I WENT IN TO CARMAX AND ASKED HOW I CXL THE WARRANTY. I WAITED AN HOUR AND FINALLY SOMEONE ASSISTED ME. SHE SAID SHE COULD NOT WRITE A CHECK TO ME BUT WOULD WRITE A CHECK TO THE LEINHOLDER FOR THE REMAINING 1200. IN THREE MONTHS FOR A 3 YEAR WARRANTY IT HAD DROPPED FROM $5000 TO $1200?????? I TOOK MY PAPERWORK AND LEFT AND ASSUMED THAT A CHECK WOULD BE WRITTEN TO MY LEINHOLDER. A YEAR LATER I CONTACTED MY LEINHOLDER FOR A PRINTOUT OF PAYMENTS MADE ON MY VEHICLE. LOOKED AT THE PRINT OUT AND THERE WAS NO PAYMENT EVER MADE BY CARMAX OR ANY SUBSIDARY. CONTACTED MY ARLINGTON CARMAX STORE AND WAS TOLD TO CALL CORPORATE. I CONTACTED CORPORATE AND LADY WAS VERY RUDE AND SAID I WOULD NEED TO FAX DOCUMENTS AND DID SO. I CALLED HER BACK NEXT DAY AND SHE SAID THEY SHOWED NO RECORD THAT I HAD MADE ANY ATTEMPT TO CXL. THE PAPERWORK I SENT HER WAS IRRELEVENT BECAUSE ALL IT SHOWED WAS THAT I MAY HAVE CHANGED MY MIND BEFORE FINAL DOCUMENTS WERE SUBMITTED. MY PAPERWORK SAYS CXL WITH MY SIGNATURE AND STORE FINANCIAL REP SIGNATURE AND ONE OTHER PERSONS SIGNATURE. DO NOT PURCHASE VEHICLE OR WARRANTIES FROM CARMAX-COMPANY IS A FRAUD!!!