Carmax / It's a den of ###s
We took my immaculate 2003 Ford F250 Diesel Crew Cab Pickup truck to get a "fair evaluation and a great price» for it. The pushy Asian kid talked our ears off with all of the "feel good" CarMax BS for a good 15 minutes before he finally took the keys and had his appraisal guy look it over. He drove it for 3 minutes, looked around it, and disappeared for 20 minutes.
Then Asian kid came back. (Keep in mind that this truck Blue Books for trade in value of $21, 000.00 low to $23, 000.00 high!) He held up the appraisal sheet showing $8, 000.00! We laughed and left. Took it across the street to Ken Grody Ford, where they bought it for $21, 500.00!
The cars we saw on the CarMax lot as we were looking around, cost more used that you can buy a new car for. Example, a Hyundai was 2 years old for $16, 788.00, Hyundai of Garden Grove has a new 2008 with all options for $15, 350.00! Avoid this place-rip off!
More Carmax Complaints & Reviews
- Carmax - Be well prepared to enter a nightmare world! 
- Carmax - They underpay salesmen 
- Carmax - Some facts about CarMax 
- Carmax - Scam and cheating 
- Carmax - Hold Title after vehicle paid off
- CarMax Business Services - repair of clutch toyota matrix
- Carmax - my car is no good
- CarMax Business Services - return policy
- Carmax - total loss of vehicle
- Carmax - purchased a cadillac cts from carmax in dec 2013. the car over the next 38, 000 miles has required more than $14, 000 in repairs