Carmax

Posted:

Shady business!

CarMax
Well I am quite disappointed with Carmax. The vehicle itself is fine, I have had if for a few years and running good. My complaint is with their crappy warranty that they like to reword. So as I said, have had the car for a few years and never had any warranty work done. I bought the car with 6k miles and purchased the extended 100k warranty just for peace of mind and security if the vehicle were to ever breakdown. The hack door latch on my ford explorer sport SUV broke. The lock mechanism failed and I couldn't get the back door open and my side power mirrors went out. Well I took it to a Ford dealership to get things fixed since I have moved a lot and not reasonably close to a carmax. Plus I wanted a reputable repair shop so the job would be done right. Well this all should have taken no longer than a day but Carmax wouldn't authorize the repair without sending and inspector to check the vehicle. I mean come on, this is a Ford dealer, why is it necessary to send out an inpector? Well that meant the car would have to stay over night and Ford told me that carmax said they would not authorize a rental without first authorizing the repair but the inspector had a 24 hour window and would not be there till sometime the next day. So I had to personally call Carmax warranty and ask what the problem was and was able to get a rental but the guy said he could only give me one day of rental. well I assumed one day would be fine but that wasn't the case. The inspector didn't come to 3pm on the second day and work could not be done on the vehicle till there was authorization so another day in the shop. Ford called carmax to get another day of rental and with much resistance they gave another day. Well the work was finally done on the third day and Ford called to say that carmax was not wanting to pay the bill and I would be responsible for the remainder. I am so pissed because I bought a large extended warranty and am only supposed to pay a $75 deductible out of network. Well I had to pay $100 more because Carmax was rewording they way the warranty read and something about their labor pay regulations. Anyway, to sum it all up DON'T BUY FROM CARMAX because if you need warranty work it's going to be a hassle and Carmax will screw you one way or another.
Complaint comments Comments (1)    Updated: Complaint country United States Complaint category Cars, Parts & Vehicles

Comments

N  12th of Feb, 2009 by    0 Votes
Although I realize that theres a possibility that there may be good reason that your claim was denied, I still appreciate you sharing your experience. Yours and a lot of others has helped me to determine that I should probably seek elsewhere, possibly the manufacturers dealership to buy my car because the warranty is so very important to me. I have had problems in the past with extended warranties, and I need one for peace of mind, so I have considered greatly the warranty experiences when choosing where to buy my car. People like you have probably saved me hours of aggrevation and expense because you took the time to post your experience. thank you.

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree