Carmax / be well prepared to enter a nightmare world!
To anyone who is considering buying a car at CARMAX, I would think a 100 times before buying through them!
Here are the REASONS why:
I bought my car 15 months ago at CARMAX located in Dulles VA. Within the second day my car had to be towed back to CARMAX. Unfortunately nothing was obvious while test driving it. The rotors had to be changed, the HVAC had to be replaced, an alignment and new breaks among few other things on the list which ended up costing them $8000 to fix my car!!!
So much for claiming full inspection before the car is put on the lot... two words: FALSE ADVERTISING! Due to the fact my car was in the shop for 30 days, they had to extend my initial warranty to 60 days?
15 months later, I went back to get an electrical part of my mirror replaced and the steering pump replaced -- which was part of the initial problem but it was never fixed! Both parts are under my extended warranty which I paid an extra for it. Good thing I did! Two weeks later, I still do not have my
car back because they are arguing with the claims company to have the right piece shipped to them. In the meantime I am the one who is suffering going from one loaner to another loaner. The mirror and the steering pump should not take more than one day of labor. Do I really need to go through so much
hassle when I bought a warranty so I should not go through so much pain! I have been going back and forth (4) times now, if it happened to me I am sure it happened to others. It seems that this inefficient management is a common pattern.
Would I consider a car from CARMAX again? Absolutely not even if it was given to me for free. I would never want to go through the same experience again.
So for all the braves who are you still considering buying a car through CARMAX, just be well prepared to enter a nightmare world!!
More Carmax Complaints & Reviews
- Carmax - they underpay salesmen 
- Carmax - some facts about carmax 
- Carmax - scam and cheating 
- Carmax - it's a den of #s 
- Carmax - hold title after vehicle paid off
- CarMax Business Services - service center (2014 nissan pathfinder/ transmission purchased in august 2018)
- CarMax Business Services - 2016 ford c max
- CarMax Business Services - lemon vehicle's
- Carmax - website, sales and transfer policy
- CarMax Business Services - purchased vehicle 7/2018 check engine light and vehicle jerking started 8/8/18