Carls Jr. Charbroiled Atlantic Cod Sandwhich / burnt, dry, no sauce, fish bone

Vi Feb 22, 2013 Review updated:
Phone: (209) 847-2948

At the drive-thru the employee asked me to try the new Atlantic Cod sandwich I said OK. When I got home I started eating, the sandwich was Very dry and tasted like charcoal. It was burnt, not char broiled and had No tartar sauce. Since I was exhausted and really hungry and didn't want to go back. I ate it anyway and decided I would never buy it again. Well my last bite was Extremely Irritating. I bit into a Big bone and it cut the roof of my mouth and I almost choked on it and had to hack it out of my mouth. First I texted the store and copied corp. the next morning. With No response 5 days later, I sent the text again with a voice mail to the store and corp. Well another 2 days and still nothing so I decided to post the complaint here. What next Attorney??

Carls Jr. Charbroiled Atlantic Cod Sandwhich

Comments

• Fo
      Feb 22, 2013

You do know that bones can be found in fish, anyplace, anytime, don't you? However that usually happens in fillets, not fish that has been gound up and made into patties but I bet it can happen.

Feb 22, 2013

Oh yes, did it it cause you to have to go the ER or a dentist, or even die?

Feb 26, 2013

Hi Tasha, I just sent you a message and wanted to make sure those reading this knew also, that NO I Did not put the bone in my sandwich and this is Not a Scam.I know there are a lot of scammers, but I am not. Carl's Jr. should respond to me and haven't which is very poor customer service. I mentioned attorney to get their attention since my texts, voice mails etc. haven't. A Lot of people are scammers which is probably why they haven't answered me. The bone is real and they can have it for their research and make sure no one else gets one. If I was a scammer I wouldn't have wasted my time on this site to warn others, I would have already been on TV or in an Attorneys office.
    To Foxy Grandma, I didn't go the ER, it only poked the roof of my mouth, it didn't touch my teeth so I didn't go to the dentist, AND If I had Died I wouldn't have been able to write the complaint. Carls Jr. is in Food Service for the general public and they need to be careful and have extreme Quality Control over what they serve. There should NEVER be bones in the sandwich they serve No Matter What !. If you watch Food Channel or the Food Network, Bobbie Flay will tell cooks to Make sure to remove the Pin Bones so no one chokes or gets hurt. Yes, I know about the bones in fish, I have fished and cooked the fish I caught myself and I make sure to remove the bones so I nor my family chokes or gets injured on my own food. I expect Carl's Jr. to do the same thing for me. Don't You??
    I wrote the complaint on this site because it claims to be Made by the People for the People and is the most trusted for consumer complaints. I actually wanted other Carl's Jr customers to be aware of the possible Bone In Cod sandwich. Believe me or Not, that's ok, just be aware when you eat out again!

Feb 26, 2013

I forgot to mention that I did report the restaurant to the County Food and Restaurant Inspector so they can perform their own correct legal procedure to make sure they are serving quality foods within the proper government requirements that will not harm consumers.

Feb 26, 2013

I would be willing to bet, they won't find anything wrong with the restaurant. A bone in the fish, wasn't the fault of the restaurant, it happened at the production company.

Feb 26, 2013

The point is that the restaurants that sell fish sandwiches get the fish patties already made. The don't make them, they arrive at the restaurant already shaped and frozen. What do you expect the restaurant to do take the patties apart and some how or another put them together, all while they are frozen. Yes, the patties are frozen when they are put in the hot oil to be cooked. I haven't worked at Carl's, we don't even have one where I live, but I have worked in fast food. The fact that there was a bone in your fish patty isn't Carl's fault, it is the fault of the manufacturer, you will have to find out who that is and go directly to them.

Mar 04, 2013

Wow Posters, Don't get so angry over a fish bone? It is bad for your health, hmm...

Mar 04, 2013

Tasha, Vanquisher and I are not the same person. Tasha is a nice name though, it was my dogs name, She died two years ago, she was 16 and I sure miss her, anyway back to the fish bone. Carl's Jr called and apologized after the health department spoke with them, I know the restaurant is not directly responsible and told them they should consider a new supplier.They offered me a coupon, which I will probably give to someone who needs it or would like to try it, I don't want that sandwich again, maybe someone who ran out of food stamps. Tasha do you want to try the sandwich?
    I don't have food stamps and am not on the program, but it is good for people who need help.
    Tasha you seem really angry and are rude and ignorant, profiling me without knowing all the facts. I did say they should give me an apology and at least a free sandwich since what I paid for was substandard. I didn't ask for 10 sandwiches. I wonder what would happen if it were you who bit into that bone ?
    Vanquisher and I do have this in common though, We both find Tasha to be banal and tiresome.
    I used this site for two reasons, One...to help warn people that the Supplier of Carl's Jrs. new Atlantic Cod fish sandwich had left bones in the meat which can be dangerous, especially if you order it for a child.. and Two, to bring light to the fact that the restaurant was rude and did not respond to my complaint and concern.
    Vanquisher, I appreciate your truths, and Tasha good luck in your life
    It saddens me that some people don't want help or advice, they just want to accuse others of an ulterior motive. I used my true name since I was not Lying or Hiding anything, but some people couldn't even pick up on that and we know who that was.

•   Sep 01, 2013

You found a bone in your fish? That is unheard of! I bet you they planted it there.

Sep 01, 2013

Hi. My name is Anastasia odera i won nokia £750000 plz help me get the money that i won i can't aford to pay £500 the cash

• Te
      Dec 03, 2015

Cold food, burgers, fries, onion rings. Complained, waited 10 minutes for hot food.