Carid.comcarid.com is the worst company i've dealt with in at least 10 years

Carid.com is the worst company i've dealt with in at least 10 years. I ordered a wood grain dash kit that the site stated was manufactured, ready to ship. Then received an e-mail stating estimated shipping date was 8 days although the site stated usually 3-5. No more updates, after the date came and went, I called their customer "nosupport" and was told it was being manufactured and will ship in another 5 days. Date came and went. I've sent two e-mails, unanswered at to date, two phone calls, one of which found me talking to an imbecile who was rude and no help at all.

I have just sent another e-mail stating that if I receive no satisfactory response in 24 hours, I will cancel and contest the order with my credit card company for the charge they made the day after I ordered.

I have never had good luck with a company that charges the credit card before the item ships. Carid.com is no exception. Bad company, bad service, bad communication. This is a no buy advisory.

Comments

• Ca
      Apr 29, 2011

Hello Birane11,
    Please take a second to see my comments on the review that you left on that board. I`m working for that company for couple of years. I was a support representative and sales agent and I know that dash kit is an awesome product that changes the appearance of your car`s interior and that is being custom made for every vehicle and I am sure that you are satisfied with the product that you installed on your vehicle. That is why we advertise it at our web-page and work with the manufacturer that makes them. Reason why you got that item delayed is that the manufacturer was backed up for 2-3 days on each order at that period of time and we always try to inform our customers in advance if the delay may take place. I don`t want to believe that any of our representatives that work with me was rude. That is against company`s policy and can be taken to the highest management. You need to know that and I will be more then glad to assist you if you plan to contact us back and are interested in any other product from our company.As for the non-responded e-mails I can assure you that we return every e-mail that comes to our e-mail box. But sometimes our emails come not to your inbox but to the junk folder due to the restrictions and settings of your e-mail box. Please contact me at [protected]@carid.com (attention Gary) if you will experience any kind of communication issue with any of our representatives.

• St
      Jun 24, 2011

I ordered custom mats for my Toyota Avalon from carid.com. When they arrived they were the wrong color, and after contacting two different customer service reps was told that I cannot return them or exchange them for the right color! I am blown away that in this day and age a company can get away with this. I wish something could be done. I will obviously never do business with this company ever again, and will spread the word far & wide how shady they are!

Jul 20, 2011

I placed an order June 06 2011 for 2 dash kits (for 2 cars)... over 500 bucks worth and I am still waiting!!! The best response I got recently was- There is nothing we can do its out of our hands... since apparently the manufacturer has it on back order too.. dont freaking lie to us CARID that its all in stock and will shop in 3 to 5 days its been about a damn month and a half

Jul 29, 2011

Just checked on my order... placed order on May 24 2011... shows estimated ship (another estimate) Aug 2 2011. Lets see this come and go... my order has been totally paid according to their site. one more delay and there will be problems.