[Resolved] Carid — would not offer refund or discount for misrepresented window deflectors
I ordered front and rear WeatherTech Window Deflectors for my 2015 Ford Fiesta Hatchback from CARid. Both WeatherTech and CARid’s webpage photos show a rear window photo of a different vehicle. If they had a photo of the Deflector on a 2015 Ford Fiesta, it would have show that when the window is lowered slightly, to allow for ventilation, it leaves a 1/2‘ gap at the rear which lets in rain and is an invitation for break-ins. If I had known this, I would never have ordered the set for rear windows, since I find them merely ‘decorative’ and basically unusable for what they’re intended. I requested a refund from CARid, but after 27 email exchanges dealing with three separate people, and repeating the same issue several times, CARid finally informed me that they would not stand behind the WeatherTech window deflectors they sold me and would not offer a refund or discount.
Customer care service did everything in their power to resolve this complaint. All attempts to contact the complainant have failed. Therefore, this complaint has been annulled and must not be considered where image of the company in question and it's services are concerned.
CarId Customer Care's Response, Apr 18, 2016
On behalf of the company i want to apologize for all inconvenience you had encountered with during this transaction. I am sorry to know, that the rear deflectors were not as described and you needed to return the product. I will be glad to look into your order and check what is going on there. Please reply to this comment with the order confirmation number.
Consumer Relations department at CARiD.com
More Carid Complaints & Reviews
- Carid.com - I am very happy I did not buy from them 
- Carid.com - biggest mistake ordering from them 
- Carid.com - don't buy anything from carid 
- Carid.com - customer service/confirmation of purchse an shipping # 
- Carid.com - refused to give full refund 
- [Resolved] Carid.com - unethical behaviour
- Carid - don't deal with them
- Carid - customer service
- Carid - very poor customer service
- Carid.com - they immediately charged me for the item only to find out that it was not in stock