CarHistory.us.org / I'm waiting for a refund...

United States Review updated:

I went on CarHistory.us.org website because the google link said "Free" vin check. I paid the 2.95 even though it was supposed to be free. Seven days later, I find a 29.95 charge on my bank statement that I didn't sign up for. So, I called them and cancelled. I was told it would take 3 to 5 days for a refund. I am waiting one month since this time.

Lo
Feb 27, 2013

Comments

Feb 28, 2013

Dear Lover,

If you are having any issue regarding refund, we suggest you to simply write a small email at [protected]@carhistory.us.org for a quick refund. We really want to help you in getting your money back. We are really sorry for the inconvenience caused to you.

Thanks
    Customer Support

May 28, 2013

This report gave basic checklist of whether vehicle was in accident, flood, etc. It did not actually give the history, like where it was titled, what states, any specific useful vehicle information. When I clicked on title information, it took me to yet
    another place to get more info from me... asking to leave this review. I still have not gotten title information. It tries to trick you into a $120 subscription if you don't read carefully on how to continue, and I dislike that it asks for information in order
    to give me insurance quotes before taking me to the so-called car history (branding report). I just spent a lot of time, and I still have questions about the vehicle, so I still have to spend to do another search somewhere else.

• Ra
      Jun 02, 2013

I got trapped into this malicious company's website and ordered a $1.00 Car History report.
    You have to fill out WAY too much information to get to the next step.
    at on point, I was required to fill in information for an insurance quote. I was not looking for insurance quote, but could not proceed until I entered a bunch of personal information.

I got the History report. What a piece of junk! To much extraneous material and not enough specific material. Only 1 listing for the odometer when the car was new at 20 Miles. Take it from me, spend your money on a REAL report from Car-Fax.

I checked my credit card recent transactions and found that they charged me $9.95 for my $1.00 report. I sent them an email and was told I signed up for the 25 reports per month for a year to be billed at $$9.95 per month. I only wanted and needed a single report. I'd have no use for a years worth of reports.

Stay away from this company, they are scammers!

• Mu
      Jul 27, 2013

This is a new "Business Model" trending everywhere today. Look at AT&T and their scams. The major companies who have not faired well during the resession have instituted a policy that basically states "If you never get caught it's legal", and when they do get called on a scam they not-so-cheerfully refund the proceeds. If the results of ripping off the average trusting consumer is in the billions of dollars they can afford the refunds. Their stockholders demand results and they get it for them. There are several New Age Entrenpeneurs who have adopted this policy also. Like everything else in America, we just lazily accept it as long as we can eat and watch TV, All of this instills a lack of trust in our fellow men, which is, by design, keeping us all at bay. If you don't trust your neighbor, how can you gather to do something about this . It's a sad situation for the working class loving American.

• Ex
      Aug 08, 2013

This is obviously a scam company. I never.. repeat never... sign up for reoccurring monthly charges. I was supposed to be charged a buck. I noticed after a few months that I was being charged $10.00 per month. I went to their website and chatted with a rep. They replied that I had signed up for a year at $10.00 a month. This is total BS. They are just preying on people that don't check their credit card statements. AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE! They promptly apologized and offered to refund my money. No doubt, to keep me from writing this, but the people need to know. Will I actually receive my refund?? We'll see.

Aug 12, 2013

Dear Valued Customers,

I apologize for an inconvenience with charges you may have received. Please email [protected]@carhistory.us.org for a complete refund. Thank you for your patience.

Aug 14, 2013

Hello Everyone,
    Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We apologize for your recent experience
    and would like to assist you. You can contact Karmen via email at [protected]@carhistory.us.org if you would like to obtain a refund.

Sep 01, 2013

The www.carhistory.us.org website is virtual flypaper (8/30/2013 experience). You go there for a car history report and it wants your credit card information that you soon realize are for other "services" you neither want nor require. I need to go to my credit card company and cancel any potential transactions and this is AFTER I declined their repetative attempts (all in very fine print) to get you to agree to more. I never received a car report so I should have dodged their repeated bullets to lamprey onto my credit line. Attempting to leave the site they still hammer you for agreements you do not want. The current site structure is borderline scam and overdue for investigation since its obvious from the history of complaints they continue their practices.

Sep 06, 2013

Hello Kajander,

We appreciate your feedback and apologize for the experience you recently had with our website and services. Please feel free to contact me via email at [protected]@carhistory.us.org if you would like to obtain a refund for the charges you have incurred.

Karmen J.

• Ju
      Oct 23, 2013

Same problems as people above only scammed into $19.90 ### they are I've emailed 3 times NO response but Im sure the Feds will get some results on this scam!

Nov 13, 2013

Hello Justiceserved28,

• Jw
      Feb 03, 2014

I surmise that this site preys on unwary car researchers. They advertise $1 VIN searches (which sounds great). The bill they show on the left-hand side of the screen shows $1 as well. But to check out, you have to agree to the terms and conditions. If you dig through these, you will see you supposedly have the "option" of subscribing for a $19/month service. I'm not sure how one "opts in" for this service, but I certainly don't recall doing so -- I didn't even know it existed. The only reason I discovered it was when I checked my credit card statement the next day. Buyer beware. I bet they get a lot of unsuspecting people this way.

• Ba
      Feb 18, 2014

This company has numerous websites that are very similar:

DMV.us.org, ArrestRecordLookup.com,
    CriminalReports.com, MyPropertyReports.com, Familyhistory.us.org,
    Jailinmate.org, PropertyOwners.org, VehicleHistoryRecord.com, Warrantchecks.org,
    Obituary.us.org, Propertyvaluelookup.com, Propertyrecord.com, Propertytaxrecord.org,
    Vehiclehistory.com, Militaryrecord.org,
    Myvehiclereports.com, Vehiclehistorydata.com, VehicleHistorySource.com,
    VinHistoryrecord.com, Backgroundcheck.us.org, HomeValue.us.org,
    Propertysearch.us.org, Carhistory.us.org,
    Propertytaxrecord.org

• Km
      May 16, 2014

Yup, got scammed too! SOB- don't use this site- total scam! They make sure the amount isn't too high, and I'm sure most people don't even notice it on their statements! Crooks! Andy still text me- what a crock!

May 20, 2014

Valued Customer,

Sorry to hear about your recent experience with our services. We sincerely apologize and would like to make it up to you. Please contact me via email at [protected]@carhistory.us.org to obtain a refund for charges you have incurred.

Best regards,
    Karmen Jones

Jun 05, 2014

Yup just end received my charge also after I paid for the 1.00 check 3 months ago. Know my checking account is overdrawn for 35.00 guess who gets that charge think they will cover that.

• Bi
      Feb 22, 2015

why is the companies fault that the user for the site cannot read?
    Why is it when I called in I got a very clear explanation for what to do to sign up and not only that when I went to the site myself the options were very clear when you actually spend the time to READ what is on the page. It very clearly says that in one button what you are agreeing to being their vdp at 18.95 and it clearly says in the other button right below it NO THANKS TAKE ME TO MY REPORT. This is what is wrong with our country today. People NOT READING what they agree to and then when they find out that they actually did agree to something they want it to be other peoples problems and not theirs. Take responsibility for your actions the company didn't put a gun to your head and force you do sign up for this, you did it of your own free will. Man up and be an adult. READ WHAT YOUR AGREEING TO. Best example go to youtube.com and watch the human centipede episode and believe me it could be worse if you don't read what you agree to its only fair.

• Mo
      Mar 04, 2015

I seem to see alot of apologies from customer service over and over again. How About you just fix the website and actually let people know your are not charging just $1 Your not sorry your pulling an Obama lie. Sneaky and well presented lies are still no the less LIES!