• W
      Apr 16, 2010

I found this guy on craigslist (reported as scam) as I was desperate to find a place.
    The douche's name is now: nelson gabb 0r [protected]@hotmail.com
    Same type of emails, his company is World-Transport-Ltd.
    The first email was weird as he didn't answer my questions, as I realized it was a scam, I just yanked his chain to waste his time, and then he created 11 more floors to the building (thanks streetview) and an indoor pool etc...
    I will report him as well, but beware of weird (almost automatic) replies, then as you dig further the syntax and grammar gets worst (sign that it's not in the script anymore!).

Hello,

Thank you for your interest. The Apartment located in 134 York St, Ottawa, ON is still available. It has 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. I am looking for someone to live in it, as soon as possible, because my company has won the auction for a project, in construction, for a building that will rise up in London, United Kingdom. I am a civil engineer, so my accommodation period in England will be about 4 years. The renting period is from 1 month up to 4-6 years. As a result of this I want to rent, for this period, at this price and also to find the perfect person for my apartment. I`m the owner of the apt and it's like in the pics.The apartment is unfurnished but if you want you can use my furniture from the storage unit. The rent for 1 month is 950CAD$ (for the whole apartment) including all utilities (water, electricity, Internet, cable, parking, air conditioning, dishwasher, garbage disposal, microwave, refrigerator). You can move in the apt in the same day when you receive the keys. The only problem is that I`m the only person who has the keys but I hope that we will find a compromise.

Thank you for your interest and i`m waiting for your answer

(asked him about neighbors and type of appliances)

Hello,
    Thank you for your reply. Like I have informed you before, the price you have to pay for one month of rent will be 950CAD$ with no extra fees you will have access to all facilities provide by the building. The utility bills are paid directly from my bank account. The price will not increase monthly, it will remain the same for the whole period that the contact will be signed for. We can start with a basic 1 year contract with the possibility of renewing it or with the period of time suitable for you.About the payment, I would like to receive it monthly into my bank account and I hope there will be no problem for you to wire the money to it. The apartment is ready for you, you only need to receive the keys and the contract so you could check it out, and see if you like it. The apt will be unfurnished but it can be rented very easily with the furniture at the same price. Also pets are allowed. Since I'm in London, United Kingdom we need a way to complete this deal that will allow us to make sure we receive what we are asking for. I have found a way for us to complete the deal safely and fast, and in this way you will receive the Keys in less than 2 days. The solution is provided by a company called World Transport which will handle the payment and delivery of the Keys. I have found a procedure that will allows you to pay for the rent of the apt only after you will receive the keys, and through this way you will see it and decide if you like it or not, before sending the payment. Please click on the link bellow to the World Transport web site to see how we can complete the deal safely and fast directly from the web site of the company where this procedure is explained in the SAFE EXCHANGE SERVICE: www.world-transport-ltd.co.uk ( if the link is not working please try and copy it in your web browser)

Let me know if you are interested !

(again asked about the neighbors)

Hello again,
    If you are ready to proceed with this transaction I will need to inform you with the steps on how this service works and how we can make it happen. You will only have to deposit to World Transport the first month of rent 950CAD$ so they can proceed with the shipping, and you can receive the keys and the contract. I will pay for a 2 days delivery so you will receive the keys and the contract signed by me right away. I will explain you step by step how this process will work:

1 - To start the process all I need is your full shipping info.
    2 - I will go at World Transport to deposit the keys and the contract on your name as the intended receiver.
    3 - World Transport will check the envelope to see if everything is in order and also the legal papers that will come along with the keys and proof of ownership.
    4 - World Transport will send you a delivery notification to let you know they have the keys and the papers in their custody and that I am the real owner of the apartment I am renting to you, in which you will also have all the instructions to complete the Western Union transfer to the World Transport Agent.
    5 - At this point you will have to go to a Western Union Location and make a money deposit on the World Transport Agent Name for the amount we agreed, the total amount you shall deposit for the first month of rent.
    6 - After you make the deposit you will have to send the transfer information to World Transport.
    7 - World Transport will verify the payment information and if everything is in order they will proceed with the delivery of the keys and the contract.
    8 - After you receive the package, you will go and check the apartment and in 2 days you must contact World Transport to inform them if you keep the apt or not and if all is in order you will instruct World Transport to send me the information about the money deposit and I will be able to receive the funds. If you don`t like the apartment they will be sending the money back to you and you will send back the keys and contract. Also pay the Western Union transfer fees from the total amount you need to deposit and send the rest in balance.

Let me know if we can move forward and e-mail me all your full name and shipping information so we can proceed with this deal.

(asked for more pictures)

Here are the pics
    World Transport will contact you by email with the transaction method too and the company details so you can be sure that we are using a legal shipping company and all is in order...

Thanks

(asked for info on neighbors and internet cable capacity as well as washer and dryer brand and # of floors)

Hi there,
    The neighboring tenants are very nice people and neighbor is very quiet. U will like it for sure.
    It's a wireless internet and cable in the whole building. It's very fast and good. Sorry but I don't know how is called because the building offered me so...
    The washer and dryer brands are GE and i was satisfied.
    Thank you and hope to hear from you soon!

25 floors. elevator in the building.
    Modern furniture such as beds, tables, couches, cabinets, chairs, almirah, benches, bookshelves etc.
    Really I don't know the internet connection but it's working very fast and very good. I was very pleased by internet and cable.

(asked if there was an indoor pool and ex room)

Yes there is an indoor pool and exercise room.
    Please send me the details I request so we can proceed.

(asked for rebate for half month rent)

You can move in May but you will not pay for May. You will pay starting from June. Hope this is ok with you. I want to start the rental contract from 1st of the month. I'm sure u understand.
    Please note that u can move in May 15th but you will start paying from June 1st.
    Let me know if we can proceed.
    Thanks!

(told him I'd be happy to meet him in London to do transaction in person as I am going over soon)

I can't promise u that I will be in London June because I want to visit Africa this summer with my wife and kids.
    Please let me know if u are interested because I have other tenants waiting.
    Thank you!

(told him it was ok to let other tenants have the place)

Hi there,
    let me know ASAP!

• S
      Apr 21, 2010

Thank goodness for these posts as we just communicated with this jerk regarding an apartment in downtown Victoria!! My head and heart told me it was too good to be true though so I started sniffing around the internet and came across these posts. My first tip off was that the emails came from two different email addresses and names but acted like it was the same person. The email addresses were garry.[protected]@live.com and andrew.[protected]@gmail.com.

Here are the emails:

Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2010 02:24:52 +0300
    Subject: Apt for Rent
    From: andrew.[protected]@gmail.com
    To:

Hello,

Thank you for your interest. The Apartment located in 707 Courtney St, Victoria, BC is still available. It has 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. I am looking for someone to live in it, as soon as possible, because my company has won the auction for a project, in construction, for a building that will rise up in London, United Kingdom. I am a civil engineer, so my accommodation period in England will be about 4 years. The renting period is from 1 month up to 4-6 years. As a result of this I want to rent, for this period, at this price and also to find the perfect person for my apartment. I`m the owner of the apt and it's like in the pics.The apartment is unfurnished but if you want you can use my furniture from the storage unit. The rent for 1 month is 930CAD$ (for the whole apartment) including all utilities (water, electricity, Internet, cable, parking, air conditioning, dishwasher, garbage disposal, microwave, refrigerator). You can move in the apt in the same day when you receive the keys. The only problem is that I`m the only person who has the keys but I hope that we will find a compromise.

Thank you for your interest and i`m waiting for your answer
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We replied saying we were very interested and wished to arrange a viewing. Here is the "form letter" response we received:

From: garry.[protected]@live.com
    To:
    Subject: RE: Apt for Rent
    Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2010 13:24:58 -0600

Let me know if you are interested !
    The ad we responded to was posted on Craigslist.

• H
      Apr 26, 2010

I guess being paranoid pays off since I saw the ad on craigslist for a rental in Toronto and was interested. I sent an email and got a reponse, and as most of you can guess, it was exactly like all the responses that others got on here. Did some research before I decide to send any money and came upon this site...Hope they catch the person soon...

Hello,

Thank you for your reply. Like I have informed you before, the price you have to pay for one month of rent will be 780CAD$ with no extra fees you will have access to all facilities provide by the building. The utility bills are paid directly from my bank account. The price will not increase monthly, it will remain the same for the whole period that the contact will be signed for. We can start with a basic 1 year contract with the possibility of renewing it or with the period of time suitable for you.About the payment, I would like to receive it monthly into my bank account and I hope there will be no problem for you to wire the money to it. The apartment is ready for you, you only need to receive the keys and the contract so you could check it out, and see if you like it. The apt will be unfurnished but it can be rented very easily with the furniture at the same price. Also pets are allowed. Since I'm in London, United Kingdom we need a way to complete this deal that will allow us to make sure we receive what we are asking for. I have found a way for us to complete the deal safely and fast, and in this way you will receive the Keys in less than 2 days. The solution is provided by a company called World Transport which will handle the payment and delivery of the Keys. I have found a procedure that will allows you to pay for the rent of the apt only after you will receive the keys, and through this way you will see it and decide if you like it or not, before sending the payment. Please click on the link bellow to the World Transport web site to see how we can complete the deal safely and fast directly from the web site of the company where this procedure is explained in the SAFE EXCHANGE SERVICE: www.world-transport-ltd.co.uk ( if the link is not working please try and copy it in your web browser)

--- On Sun, 4/25/10, tommy reins <[protected]@hotmail.com> wrote:

Hello,

Thank you for your interest. The Apartment located in 50 Disera Dr, Vaughan, ON is still available. It has 1 bedroom and 1 bathroom. I am looking for someone to live in it, as soon as possible, because my company has won the auction for a project, in construction, for a building that will rise up in London, United Kingdom. I am a civil engineer, so my accommodation period in England will be about 4 years. The renting period is from 1 month up to 4-6 years. As a result of this I want to rent, for this period, at this price and also to find the perfect person for my apartment. I`m the owner of the apt and it's like in the pics.The apartment is unfurnished but if you want you can use my furniture from the storage unit. The rent for 1 month is 780CAD$ (for the whole apartment) including all utilities (water, electricity, Internet, cable, parking, air conditioning, dishwasher, garbage disposal, microwave, refrigerator). You can move in the apt in the same day when you receive the keys. The only problem is that I`m the only person who has the keys but I hope that we will find a compromise.

May 03, 2010

Latest one, I responded on Craigslist on April 28, the ad was there and then it was gone.

Hi
    My name is Marlie, I have just seen your ad on Craigslist, can I arrange to see the suite?

No answer for several days, received this on May 1, 2010 from albert.[protected]@live.com

Hello,

Thank you for your interest. The Apartment located in 158 13th St W, North Vancouver, BC is still available. It has 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. I am looking for someone to live in it, as soon as possible, because my company has won the auction for a project, in construction, for a building that will rise up in London, United Kingdom. I am a civil engineer, so my accommodation period in England will be about 4 years. The renting period is from 1 month up to 4-6 years. As a result of this I want to rent, for this period, at this price and also to find the perfect person for my apartment. I`m the owner of the apt and it's like in the pics.The apartment is unfurnished but if you want you can use my furniture from the storage unit. The rent for 1 month is 930CAD$ (for the whole apartment) including all utilities (water, electricity, Internet, cable, parking, air conditioning, dishwasher, garbage disposal, microwave, refrigerator). You can move in the apt in the same day when you receive the keys. The only problem is that I`m the only person who has the keys but I hope that we will find a compromise.

My response - almost immediately

Albert, I would love to see the suite today if possible.
    My name is Marlie and your suite sounds perfect.
    I would like to speak with you regarding this, phone number below.
    A long term committment is exactly what I am looking for.
    Does the suite include laundry???

Marlie

No answer for 2 days, received this morning at 3:12 am again from albert.[protected]@live.com

albert tammns wrote:
    > Hello,
    > Thank you for your reply. Like I have informed you before, the price you have to pay for one month of rent will be 930CAD$ with no extra fees you will have access to all facilities provide by the building. The utility bills are paid directly from my bank account. The price will not increase monthly, it will remain the same for the whole period that the contact will be signed for. We can start with a basic 1 year contract with the possibility of renewing it or with the period of time suitable for you.About the payment, I would like to receive it monthly into my bank account and I hope there will be no problem for you to wire the money to it. The apartment is ready for you, you only need to receive the keys and the contract so you could check it out, and see if you like it. The apt will be unfurnished but it can be rented very easily with the furniture at the same price. Also pets are allowed. Since I'm in London, United Kingdom we need a way to complete this deal that will allow us to make sure we receive what we are asking for. I have found a way for us to complete the deal safely and fast, and in this way you will receive the Keys in less than 2 days. The solution is provided by a company called World Transport which will handle the payment and delivery of the Keys. I have found a procedure that will allows you to pay for the rent of the apt only after you will receive the keys, and through this way you will see it and decide if you like it or not, before sending the payment. Please click on the link bellow to the World Transport web site to see how we can complete the deal safely and fast directly from the web site of the company where this procedure is explained in the SAFE EXCHANGE SERVICE: www.world-transport-ltd.co.uk ( if the link is not working please try and copy it in your web browser)
    > Let me know if you are interested !

I then looked up the World Transport on Google...first one that came up was a scam - then I found this site.
    I will be reporting it

May 03, 2010

I just answered an ad on Craigslist on the 28th of April, same responses in all cases. I haven't gone to the third email stage and don't think I will. I am going to report it to RECOL and the RCMP.
    The name and email for this one is Albert Tammns - albert.[protected]@live.com

• R
      May 18, 2010

Hello,

Thank you for your interest. The Apartment located in 737 Humboldt Street, Victoria, BC is still available. It has 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. I am looking for someone to live in it, as soon as possible, because my company has won the auction for a project, in construction, for a building that will rise up in London, United Kingdom. I am a civil engineer, so my accommodation period in England will be about 4 years. The renting period is from 1 month up to 4-6 years. As a result of this I want to rent, for this period, at this price and also to find the perfect person for my apartment. I`m the owner of the apt and it's like in the pics.The apartment is unfurnished but if you want you can use my furniture from the storage unit. The rent for 1 month is 950CAD$ (for the whole apartment) including all utilities (water, electricity, Internet, cable, parking, air conditioning, dishwasher, garbage disposal, microwave, refrigerator). You can move in the apt in the same day when you receive the keys. The only problem is that I`m the only person who has the keys but I hope that we will find a compromise.

-------------------
    I replied.

and then
    --------------------
    Hello,

Thank you for your reply. Like I have informed you before, the price you have to pay for one month of rent will be 950CAD$ with no extra fees you will have access to all facilities provide by the building. The utility bills are paid directly from my bank account. The price will not increase monthly, it will remain the same for the whole period that the contact will be signed for. We can start with a basic 1 year contract with the possibility of renewing it or with the period of time suitable for you.About the payment, I would like to receive it monthly into my bank account and I hope there will be no problem for you to wire the money to it. The apartment is ready for you, you only need to receive the keys and the contract so you could check it out, and see if you like it. The apt will be unfurnished but it can be rented very easily with the furniture at the same price. Also pets are allowed. Since I'm in London, United Kingdom we need a way to complete this deal that will allow us to make sure we receive what we are asking for. I have found a way for us to complete the deal safely and fast, and in this way you will receive the Keys in less than 2 days. The solution is provided by a company called World-Transport-Courier which will handle the payment and delivery of the Keys. I have found a procedure that will allows you to pay for the rent of the apt only after you will receive the keys, and through this way you will see it and decide if you like it or not, before sending the payment. Please click on the link bellow to the World-Transport-Courier web site to see how we can complete the deal safely and fast directly from the web site of the company where this procedure is explained in the SAFE EXCHANGE SERVICE: www.world-transport-courier.com ( if the link is not working please try and copy it in your web browser)

---------------------

Here is a link to the add on our local classifieds

here is the site.

www.world-transport-courier.com

Unfortunately I entered all my information on the site before coming here and realizing it was a scam. I included my birthdate and phone # and address our place of work, including my middle name too. No banking information but enough information that I think they could do something with it. What should I do. Is there a place online I could report it to the police. Because I called to report it but they were so busy that they couldnt deal with me. I live in Victoria BC and would like to know where to go and not have to deal with the police directly if I don't have to.

• T
      May 20, 2010

He or she is attempting the same scam in Burnaby (through craigslist).

----------------------

from william foss
    date Wed, May 19, 2010 at 2:54 PM
    subject RE: $786 / 2br - LOVELY 4th floor APT FOR RENT-METROTOWN (Burnaby, BC)

Hello,

Thank you for your interest. The Apartment located in 4758 Grange St, Burnaby, BC is still available. It has 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. I am looking for someone to live in it, as soon as possible, because my company has won the auction for a project, in construction, for a building that will rise up in London, United Kingdom. I am a civil engineer, so my accommodation period in England will be about 4 years. The renting period is from 1 month up to 4-6 years. As a result of this I want to rent, for this period, at this price and also to find the perfect person for my apartment. I`m the owner of the apt and it's like in the pics.The apartment is unfurnished but if you want you can use my furniture from the storage unit. The rent for 1 month is 785CAD$ (for the whole apartment) including all utilities (water, electricity, Internet, cable, parking, air conditioning, dishwasher, garbage disposal, microwave, refrigerator). You can move in the apt in the same day when you receive the keys. The only problem is that I`m the only person who has the keys but I hope that we will find a compromise.

May 28, 2010

I wish that I had seen this comments board before I made payment. I searched for anything about the company and everything came up OK. I even went to the apartment building and the caretaker said that suites can be rented out by the individual owners. Do not fall for this type of an e-mail.

On 5/25/10 2:11 PM, george mowenns wrote:

Hello again,

If you are ready to proceed with this transaction I will need to inform you with the steps on how this service works and how we can make it happen. You will only have to deposit to World-Transport-Courier the first month of rent 760CAD$ so they can proceed with the shipping, and you can receive the keys and the contract. I will pay for a 2 days delivery so you will receive the keys and the contract signed by me right away. I will explain you step by step how this process will work:

1 - To start the process all I need is your full shipping info.
    2 - I will go at World-Transport-Courier to deposit the keys and the contract on your name as the intended receiver.
    3 - World-Transport-Courier will check the envelope to see if everything is in order and also the legal papers that will come along with the keys and proof of ownership.
    4 - World-Transport-Courier will send you a delivery notification to let you know they have the keys and the papers in their custody and that I am the real owner of the apartment I am renting to you, in which you will also have all the instructions to complete the Western Union transfer to the World-Transport-Courier Agent.
    5 - At this point you will have to go to a Western Union Location and make a money deposit on the World-Transport-Courier Agent Name for the amount we agreed, the total amount you shall deposit for the first month of rent.
    6 - After you make the deposit you will have to send the transfer information to World-Transport-Courier.
    7 - World-Transport-Courier will verify the payment information and if everything is in order they will proceed with the delivery of the keys and the contract.
    8 - After you receive the package, you will go and check the apartment and in 2 days you must contact World-Transport-Courier to inform them if you keep the apt or not and if all is in order you will instruct World-Transport-Courier to send me the information about the money deposit and I will be able to receive the funds. If you don`t like the apartment they will be sending the money back to you and you will send back the keys and contract. Also pay the Western Union transfer fees from the total amount you need to deposit and send the rest in balance.

Date: Tue, 25 May 2010 13:31:15 -0600
    From: [protected]@mail.usask.ca
    Subject: Apt For Rent
    To: george.[protected]@live.com

Hello,
    The family is wanting to go ahead and rent the apartament. They will be able to wire the money directly to your account, once they have the key and sign the contract (as you proposed).
    You can name me as a contact in Saskatoon. I work for the Ukrainian Canadian Congress. You can reach me at [protected] and my address is
    Nadya Neshcheretna
    1219-8th Street East
    Saskatoon, Sk
    S7H 0S5

Best Regards,
    Nadya Neshcheretna
    On 5/24/10 10:10 AM, george mowenns wrote:

Hello,

Thank you for your reply. Like I have informed you before, the price you have to pay for one month of rent will be 760CAD$ with no extra fees you will have access to all facilities provide by the building. The utility bills are paid directly from my bank account. The price will not increase monthly, it will remain the same for the whole period that the contact will be signed for. We can start with a basic 1 year contract with the possibility of renewing it or with the period of time suitable for you.About the payment, I would like to receive it monthly into my bank account and I hope there will be no problem for you to wire the money to it. The apartment is ready for you, you only need to receive the keys and the contract so you could check it out, and see if you like it. The apt will be unfurnished but it can be rented very easily with the furniture at the same price. Also pets are allowed. Since I'm in London, United Kingdom we need a way to complete this deal that will allow us to make sure we receive what we are asking for. I have found a way for us to complete the deal safely and fast, and in this way you will receive the Keys in less than 2 days. The solution is provided by a company called World-Transport-Courier which will handle the payment and delivery of the Keys. I have found a procedure that will allows you to pay for the rent of the apt only after you will receive the keys, and through this way you will see it and decide if you like it or not, before sending the payment. Please click on the link bellow to the World-Transport-Courier web site to see how we can complete the deal safely and fast directly from the web site of the company where this procedure is explained in the SAFE EXCHANGE SERVICE: www.world-transport-courier.com ( if the link is not working please try and copy it in your web browser)

Date: Mon, 24 May 2010 09:26:12 -0600
    From: [protected]@mail.usask.ca
    Subject: Re: Apt For Rent
    To: george.[protected]@live.com

Hello,
    As I had mentioned before, the people that are interested in the apartment are from Ukraine. The husband, Oleksandr, was once a leading head chef in Kyiv, Ukraine and is now a chef at Mano's on 8th street. His wife is a banker and they have an 8 year old son. The couple is quiet and very tidy. They are extremely interested in the apartment and would be renting it for some time. . at least a few years, before they collect enough money to buy something of their own.
    Oleksandr and his family are looking for something ASAP and would love to move in at the beginning of June. If you think that you are interested, please let us know when you can have the key in Saskatoon and also please let us know who to make the cheques out to(or do you prefer cash). We are assuming that the security deposit is also $760.
    Please respond at your earliest convenience,
    Nadya
    On 5/22/10 8:31 AM, george m wrote:

Hello,

Thank you for your interest. The Apartment located in 1850 Main St, Saskatoon, SK is still available. It has 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. I am looking for someone to live in it, as soon as possible, because my company has won the auction for a project, in construction, for a building that will rise up in London, United Kingdom. I am a civil engineer, so my accommodation period in England will be about 4 years. The renting period is from 1 month up to 4-6 years. As a result of this I want to rent, for this period, at this price and also to find the perfect person for my apartment. I`m the owner of the apt and it's like in the pics.The apartment is unfurnished but if you want you can use my furniture from the storage unit. The rent for 1 month is 760CAD$ (for the whole apartment) including all utilities (water, electricity, Internet, cable, parking, air conditioning, dishwasher, garbage disposal, microwave, refrigerator). You can move in the apt in the same day when you receive the keys. The only problem is that I`m the only person who has the keys but I hope that we will find a compromise.

May 28, 2010

This is the message that "George Mowenns" as he calls himself in this case sent me after I notified him that World_transport_courier is asking for a second payment:

World-Transport-Courier contacted me about the 2nd payment. I'm really sorry about this situation but I didn't knew about that. Hope u understand me. Anyway it will be a shame if we will not continue this transaction.
    I will make you a 25% discount for the next 6 months of rent if u decide to complete it.
    Let me know!

• S
      May 29, 2010

he's at it again:

from paul farrems
    date Thu, May 27, 2010 at 9:01 PM
    subject RE: backpage response: Steps to CN tower, Rogers Center, Sobeys, public transport 1+den condo...
    mailed-by live.com

hide details May 27 (2 days ago)

Hello,

Thank you for your interest. The Apartment located in 373 Front St W, Toronto, ON is still available. It has 1 bedroom and 1 bathroom. I am looking for someone to live in it, as soon as possible, because my company has won the auction for a project, in construction, for a building that will rise up in London, United Kingdom. I am a civil engineer, so my accommodation period in England will be about 4 years. The renting period is from 1 month up to 4-6 years. As a result of this I want to rent, for this period, at this price and also to find the perfect person for my apartment. I`m the owner of the apt and it's like in the pics.The apartment is unfurnished but if you want you can use my furniture from the storage unit. The rent for 1 month is 850CAD$ (for the whole apartment) including all utilities (water, electricity, Internet, cable, parking, air conditioning, dishwasher, garbage disposal, microwave, refrigerator). You can move in the apt in the

from paul farrems
    to [protected]@gmail.com
    date Sat, May 29, 2010 at 3:43 PM
    mailed-by live.com

hide details 3:43 PM (40 minutes ago)

Hello,

Thank you for your reply. Like I have informed you before, the price you have to pay for one month of rent will be 850CAD$ with no extra fees you will have access to all facilities provide by the building. The utility bills are paid directly from my bank account. The price will not increase monthly, it will remain the same for the whole period that the contact will be signed for. We can start with a basic 1 year contract with the possibility of renewing it or with the period of time suitable for you.About the payment, I would like to receive it monthly into my bank account and I hope there will be no problem for you to wire the money to it. The apartment is ready for you, you only need to receive the keys and the contract so you could check it out, and see if you like it. The apt will be unfurnished but it can be rented very easily with the furniture at the same price. Also pets are allowed. Since I'm in London, United Kingdom we need a way to complete this deal that will allow us to make sure we receive what we are asking for. I have found a way for us to complete the deal safely and fast, and in this way you will receive the Keys in less than 2 days. The solution is provided by a company called World-Transport-Courier which will handle the payment and delivery of the Keys. I have found a procedure that will allows you to pay for the rent of the apt only after you will receive the keys, and through this way you will see it and decide if you like it or not, before sending the payment. Please click on the link bellow to the World-Transport-Courier web site to see how we can complete the deal safely and fast directly from the web site of the company where this procedure is explained in the SAFE EXCHANGE SERVICE: www.world-transport-courier.com ( if the link is not working please try and copy it in your web browser)

the ad was on http://toronto.nowtoronto.com/ApartmentsForRent/850-1br-steps-to-cn-tower-rogers-center-sobeys-public-transport-1den-condo/5244423

• L
      Jun 03, 2010

Edmonton Scam

Thank you for sharing your information. I am glad good people stand against dishonesty and work together to stop these people.

___________

Apt For Rent‏
    From: hannas.[protected]@gmail.com on behalf of John Gammans (john.[protected]@live.com)
    Medium riskYou may not know this sender.Mark as safe|Mark as junk
    Sent: May 30, 2010 6:39:07 PM

Hello,

Thank you for your interest. The Apartment located in 9819 104 St NW, Edmonton, AB is still available. It has 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. I am looking for someone to live in it, as soon as possible, because my company has won the auction for a project, in construction, for a building that will rise up in London, United Kingdom. I am a civil engineer, so my accommodation period in England will be about 4 years. The renting period is from 1 month up to 4-6 years. As a result of this I want to rent, for this period, at this price and also to find the perfect person for my apartment. I`m the owner of the apt and it's like in the pics.The apartment is unfurnished but if you want you can use my furniture from the storage unit. The rent for 1 month is 750CAD$ (for the whole apartment) including all utilities (water, electricity, Internet, cable, parking, air conditioning, dishwasher, garbage disposal, microwave, refrigerator). You can move in the apt in the same day when you receive the keys. The only problem is that I`m the only person who has the keys but I hope that we will find a compromise.

____________

RE: Apt For Rent‏
    From: john gammans (john.[protected]@live.com)
    Sent: June 3, 2010 5:59:59 AM

Hello,

Thank you for your reply. Like I have informed you before, the price you have to pay for one month of rent will be 750CAD$ with no extra fees you will have access to all facilities provide by the building. The utility bills are paid directly from my bank account. The price will not increase monthly, it will remain the same for the whole period that the contact will be signed for. We can start with a basic 1 year contract with the possibility of renewing it or with the period of time suitable for you.About the payment, I would like to receive it monthly into my bank account and I hope there will be no problem for you to wire the money to it. The apartment is ready for you, you only need to receive the keys and the contract so you could check it out, and see if you like it. The apt will be unfurnished but it can be rented very easily with the furniture at the same price. Also pets are allowed. Since I'm in London, United Kingdom we need a way to complete this deal that will allow us to make sure we receive what we are asking for. I have found a way for us to complete the deal safely and fast, and in this way you will receive the Keys in less than 2 days. The solution is provided by a company called World-Transport-Courier which will handle the payment and delivery of the Keys. I have found a procedure that will allows you to pay for the rent of the apt only after you will receive the keys, and through this way you will see it and decide if you like it or not, before sending the payment. Please click on the link bellow to the World-Transport-Courier web site to see how we can complete the deal safely and fast directly from the web site of the company where this procedure is explained in the SAFE EXCHANGE SERVICE: www.world-transport-courier.com ( if the link is not working please try and copy it in your web browser)

• J
      Aug 12, 2010

This scam just popped up again in Halifax, NS.

Hello,

Thank you for your interest. The Apartment located in 2677 Gladstone St, Halifax, NS is still available. It has 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. I am looking for someone to live in it, as soon as possible, because my company has won the auction for a project, in construction, for a building that will rise up in London, United Kingdom. I am a civil engineer, so my accommodation period in England will be about 4 years. The renting period is from 1 month up to 4-6 years. As a result of this I want to rent, for this period, at this price and also to find the perfect person for my apartment. I`m the owner of the apt and it's like in the pics.The apartment is unfurnished but if you want you can use my furniture from the storage unit. The rent for 1 month is 755CAD$ (for the whole apartment) including all utilities (water, electricity, Internet, cable, parking, air conditioning, dishwasher, garbage disposal, microwave, refrigerator). You can move in the apt in the same day when you receive the keys. The only problem is that I`m the only person who has the keys but I hope that we will find a compromise.
    Any further questions please contact me back by e-mail.

He then went on to try and get me to send him $755 through a "Safe exchange service" offered by www.expressair-sameday.all.co.uk... I think he, or one of his friends made a website with url www.uk-express-air.all.co.uk because a "safe exchange service" is explained there but one can tell the site is completely unrelated to the real company; www.expressair-sameday.all.co.uk. I found out it was a scam before sending money because I went to see the building manager of the condo and he told me no one by the name of Raoul Adeva lived there. raoul.[protected]@live.com is the scammer's email address.

• M
      Aug 16, 2010

I just got taken by these guys for an apartment in Calgary. The guys name or fake name was Neil Plass. The worst is that I told the [censor] I was pregnant and he wrote back he was glad to rent the apartment to someone he could TRUST. Terrible people, do not send them money and be weary of anything that sounds too good to be true.

• A
      Sep 28, 2010

i recognized something was off with this person, and the above comments were helpful in asserting this observation. thank you all soooo very much for taking the time to write about your experience.

the scam ad was in backpage.com
    $950, 2br, Living at iconic Palisades Building in Downtown Vancouver

email:
    renatto oallas

if it' too good to be true, it usually is.

• J
      Oct 06, 2010

Thank you everyone we were one day away from sending money to this [censor]!

We had this feeling that it was too good to be true and after this last email (the grammer was really bad too) we decided to dig and google the guy, and globeair.com (which seemed ligit but the site was faulty and there was no way to contact them) and found this site. i am so saddend and disheartened that these people are doing this, we were in a hurry to move and he prayed on that! I was so angry i deleted the emails, so i cant post them here, i am sorry to hear about mellissa's story these people need to be stopped, i am glad there are people out there willing to speak out.

if it is too good to be true it is!

• A
      Nov 08, 2010

hannas.[protected]@gmail.com ; on behalf of; Oliver Dannds

Doing it again- this time a 2 bedroom place in new west. exact same reply. on craig's list.
    I called it out after looking up the email on Google.
    Thanks for posting this. Dickwads everywhere. Buyer beware!

BOO!

• O
      Nov 12, 2010

Here's an email I received from an ad I responded to on Craigslist:

Hello,

I hope this email finds you well. The apartment is located at 3355 Chemin Queen Mary, Montreal Quebec, H3V 1A5. It has 1 bedroom, 1 bathroom, 1 kitchen and 1 living room at $499 per month (below market value) in return for taking good care of the place. I am looking for someone who will be careful and thoughtful to live in it, as soon as possible, because I have recently suffered a divorced and I will move back home in Cambridge, England. The lease can be for a minimum 3 months. I'm the full right owner of the apartment and the utilities aren't included in this price (rent/month), utilities are about $40.00-$60.00/month. Everything in this apt is functional because is recently renovated.
    Just to mention a few, it includes: (refrigerator, washer/dryer and most important a parking place.). I would also like to know how many persons will occupy the apartment and for how long would like to sign the rent contract. (any pets? cats or dogs?). Unfortunately I, have the keys no one else have access in the apartment because it is a private property.

Thank you for your interest and wait news from you.

SCAM. FRAUD.

• D
      Nov 16, 2010

It's killing me reading about the people that got fooled. I was lucky. I noticed a few things that were off. Right from the start the story I got was he's a civil engineer on a 4-6 year contract going to building a building. A civil engineer would know they build roads and bridges...But I let that go and continued. Also, they don't say "win an auction" it's a tender, of project...

Once I arrived at their website (http://daily-cargo-movers.all.co.uk/) I took note of their email address ending with "live.ca"...this is equivalent to hotmail or gmail, so it's weird for a company to use it...especially one that ships internationally.

Also, and hopefully this will help future people...When you are at a website like the address listed, take note that there is more than the company name there... (all.co.uk) is a free website service. There is a "Whois" tab on that website, where the [censor] are surely using fake names. Looks like they might be in Belgium too...So their fake name says on two of the Whois search results. Sadly that won't help anyone here.

Currently, the jack-[censor] doesn't know I know and I want to [censor] with him but I'm not sure what the best way to do it would be.

I urge anyone who wants to verify the legitimacy of the place to:
    - Search as much as you can...I used Google maps with street view to see the real registered company's address is actually an end unit town house.
    - Search a "Whois" for the website of the company they give you the info for...Web address and the people that registered them are public record. Not that you can do anything with it, but a real legit company won't use a stupid name and will have an actual traceable address. Also they usually show if it's an individual or business...Also, their address will match their company website, not be in Belgium or Romania (Which some of the URLs I've searched are from)

I will check back if anyone has questions, I will try and help anyone I can. I'm very sorry for all that lost money. It's awful.

• D
      Nov 16, 2010

Forgot to mention. Name's I've found used by the [censor].

Gary Zannor
    Raoul Adeva
    Gene Allends
    Ionut Radut
    Andreea Maxim

These are the names I got from my emails and the websites people posted. I hope this will do some good!

• C
      Nov 28, 2010

There's a couple of them going on in Toronto's NOW Magazine right now-- I almost got fooled!
    One is the civil engineer in UK and the other is "Bay Street condo inherited from late father":

"Thanks for your email response. The Apartment
    is still available for rent on 761 Bay st Toronto, ON M5G2R2, ready
    for move in at $600monthly everthing icluded and it is for you alone.
    ready for move in. I inherited the Apartment from my late father... I
    lived in the Apartment with my younger brother, i but presently now i
    am in U.k, london and i will reside here for some time due to my current
    assignment I just need someone with an open heart, love and clean to
    occupy the Apartment and put all my worries off concerning the
    maintenance of the Apartment for, since i am not residing there for
    now. I left behind some Facilities and electonics like satellite TV
    which you have to pay for the subcription, and a sony DVD player, air conditioning, alarm system..

The kitchen is fully equipped with all necessary cooking utensils, a
    refrigerator-freezer, four-hob and oven, microwave, dishwas her and
    washing machine... Also the keys to the Apartment are right here with
    me, and the lease document... Which i can send to you after all
    necessary agreement has be accepted.. Also i will like you to know that
    the rent charges
    is not really the issue, but your absolute maintenance of my
    Apartment, because that is the only valuable property my late father
    left behind, and it also took him so much time and money to put all
    those facilities in place..

Bedrooms: 1

Billiards room

Meeting room

Pets are allowed

smoking allowed

Terms: Lease Terms:1, 2, 3, 4, 5 6 to 12 months and 12 to 4years leases and more available Please, call me as soon as possible if
    you are really interested in having my Apartment

Regard

Ricardo R Herrera
    25 Vincent Square,
    London, England,
    SW1P2PA

mobile [protected]"

• V
      Jan 20, 2011

I came across the same thing today...had a weird feeling about it but the apartment sounded so amazing. In the end I decided to go with my gut and tell the guy I wasn't comfortable with the exchange. Here's how the email went:

Hello,

Thank you for your interest. The Apartment located in 4833 Brentwood Dr, Burnaby, BC is still available. It has 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. I am looking for someone to live in it, as soon as possible, because my company has won the auction for a project, in construction, for a building that will rise up in London, United Kingdom. I am a civil engineer, so my accommodation period in England will be about 4 years. The renting period is from 1 month up to 4-6 years. As a result of this I want to rent, for this period, at this price and also to find the perfect person for my apartment. I`m the owner of the apt and it's like in the pics.The apartment is unfurnished but if you want you can use my furniture from the storage unit. The rent for 1 month is 700CAD$ (for the whole apartment) including all utilities (water, electricity, Internet, cable, parking, air conditioning, dishwasher, garbage disposal, microwave, refrigerator). You can move in the apt in the same day when you receive the keys. The only problem is that I`m the only person who has the keys but I hope that we will find a compromise.

Thank you for your interest and i`m waiting for your answer

He is now using the name William Tress, and email william.[protected]@hotmail.com