Carefree Pet Care / Bad pet sitter

1 681 Guadalupe AveCoronado, CA, United States Review updated:

My complaint is against Carefree Petcare for services not rendered and unprofessional conduct.

I hired Carefree Petcare to provide daily pet sitting services to my cats from 3/10/08-6/4/08.

On 4/13/08, I discovered the pet sitter had been repeatedly skipping visits totaling 21 days. I made my discovery by reviewing a security camera I had installed in my home. Carefree Petcare has billed me for daily visits from 3/10/08-6/4/08, including the 21 days that they didn't show for work.

She left a barstool right by an open window and I live on a high floor of a building. Several times, she has left the food and water bowls nearly empty.

Another discovery I made from my camera was Carefree Petcare's owner, Doreen Tafelski, bringing guests to my home without my consent while I was away. After I asked her not to do it again, she sent me an irate email denying any wrongdoing.

Va

Comments

• Va
      25th of Jul, 2008
    Carefree Pet Care - Do not trust them
    Carefree Pet Care
    681 Guadalupe Ave
    Coronado
    California

I hired Carefree Pet Care to visit my cats daily from 3/10/08-6/4/08. I found out on 4/15/08 via security camera that Carefree would skip 2-4 days between visits totalling 21 days. She later billed me for the entire period including the 21 days she didn't show for work.

The owner, Doreen Tafelski, even brought guests to my home without my consent. I sent her an email asking her not to bring guests over my house again and she responded with an irate email denying any wrongdoing.

There were times when she left my cats' food and water bowls nearly empty. She also left a barstool right next to an open window and I live on a high floor of a building.

I cannot stress enough how terrible my experience has been w/ Carefree Pet Care. Their negligence, poor judgment and unprofessional conduct is worsened by the fact that they knew there was a camera recording their actions

• Ti
      17th of Aug, 2009

While I think this is a valid complaint, I have a hard time thinking it is valid when I see the exact same complaint written by what seems to be 3 different people within weeks of each other... I know all this is very unacceptable and unprofessional of this sitter, but posting more than once makes me wonder...

Also: Dont think all pet sitters do this. I own a professional Animal Care company and I take my job/ my employees jobs very seriously and this never happens with our clients. And Yes, they have nanny cams and the like... Good luck finding better care! To see what a professional company looks like: www.BoardAtHome.com

13th of Jan, 2011

I have used Doreen's services for over 5 years for my 2 dogs and my cat. I have never had anything but professional service. She is the best pet sitter in Coronado hands down. No one goes to the extreme that she does when it come to service and helping her clients in need. I too had my own Pet Sitting Business in Md and know how hard you work to service your clients every need. Carefree Pet Care is a professional pet sitting service that I would recommend to anyone.

14th of Jan, 2011

I have been a client of Doreen's for over 5 years and have never been treated with anything but professional pet care for my 2 dogs and 1 cat. I would hight recommend using Carefree Pet Care to anyone.

14th of Jan, 2011

I have been a client of Doreen's for over 5 years and have never experienced anything but professional service for my 2 dogs and 1 cat. I would highly recommend using Carefree Pet Care to anyone.