Career Network Baltimore / Hiring Scam

1 Baltimore, MD, United States Review updated:

On 1/31/10 I responded to a job posting on Craig's list (post date 1-27-10) for a Creative Service Manager position to evaluate & help recruit art and media jobs for their multi-national clients. On Monday 2/1/10 I received an email from an E.Dawson directing me to a site to fill out their online information and complete the application process, which asked for my personal address, phone and email address, as well as salary requirements. It also asked if I wanted to get email/text messages to receive updates on my application and then sent me to a site to request an online education booklet.
On Tuesday 2/2/01 I received a out of state call on my cell phone form a Brian at Career Institute - about online education and then offering a free home security system for answering some questions. At this point I told him to take me off their list and felt this was a scam.
After reading the other complaints and scam alerts I know have to take my time and energy to get my name and information removed from this company and their affiliates.
R. OBrennan

Comments

• Mo
      12th of Apr, 2010

R, what ever came of this? Did you continue to get calls after you asked them to remove your name from their list? I was dumb enough to fall for this recently, but did not provide address or cell phone carrier information... nor did I respond to the email they sent asking for follow-up. I felt that something was off from the get-go... but when I found this site tonight and read all the complaints, I know now that I should have listened to my gut! I am just curious if Career-Network continued to bother you because I'm trying to figure out how deep I got myself into this and what to expect? Thanks!